Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    So someone posted a link to a trusted Dutch site who sells the grey casing and I'm tempted to buy it :) The only problem is that there are no disassembly videos or instructions online to be found. The only thing I found was the service manual: Nokia lumia 920 service manual L 1+2 - xda-developers

Taking the 920 a part seems like an easy job, but the problem with what the service manual mentions is that in a couple of steps, where you have to take some tape and support of, it clearly mentions that they are not reusable afterwards. So, my question is.... is it only possible to change the casing if you have access to all the extra materials or is this just mentioned because it's a service manual for resellers and that they aren't allowed to reuse those materials?

Just take it to a nokia care facility and say "hey, swap case for me?" and see what they charge. Should keep your warranty as well if they do it, perhaps.

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Just be careful. I did the same on my L900 and while I did it all flawlessly the phone never felt quite right again... There were creaks.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slai View Post
    Just take it to a nokia care facility and say "hey, swap case for me?" and see what they charge. Should keep your warranty as well if they do it, perhaps.
    That sounds like a good idea yeah :) It's best I ask them first before buying the casing as the phone isn't sold yet in my country, so they might not have spare parts available.

Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    Just be careful. I did the same on my L900 and while I did it all flawlessly the phone never felt quite right again... There were creaks.
    I can imagine what you mean! Where there also creaks when you put the original case back on or just on the new one? Mine already creaks from three sides when it gets hot, so I can't imagine it getting worse :D

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxani View Post
    So someone posted a link to a trusted Dutch site who sells the grey casing and I'm tempted to buy it :) The only problem is that there are no disassembly videos or instructions online to be found. The only thing I found was the service manual: Nokia lumia 920 service manual L 1+2 - xda-developers

Taking the 920 a part seems like an easy job, but the problem with what the service manual mentions is that in a couple of steps, where you have to take some tape and support of, it clearly mentions that they are not reusable afterwards. So, my question is.... is it only possible to change the casing if you have access to all the extra materials or is this just mentioned because it's a service manual for resellers and that they aren't allowed to reuse those materials?
    where can i purchase the gray oem nokia 920 housing?
    Lumia 920

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    thank you for the link.

pricier than i thought. would you happen to know if they accept orders from the US?
    Lumia 920

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I was hoping for €20 less too... but it's pretty new still of course :) They only ship to The Netherlands and Belgium.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    I was hoping for €20 less too... but it's pretty new still of course :) They only ship to The Netherlands and Belgium.
    i was afraid of that.

would you happen to know of any companies that deal with US customers?
    Lumia 920

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Let me know if you do this yourself or what Nokia or anyone else would charge to do this.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I just found this video of a disassembly: Guide to disassembling and re-assembling a Nokia Lumia 920 | WMPoweruser

It looks pretty doable :) Now I just have to decide if I want to risk it! I will keep you posted.

But mine is working fine yet. Just felt heating problem because I covered it with fancy mobile cover I guess.

I changed my case to gray, it was pretty easy using the video posted above and the service manual. If you order a gray case, you might want to order the grey sim card holder as well;-) It was not included with my case. I did use a hair dryer to soften the glue and used new double-sided adhesive tape.
    It looks nice and I would do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by badari View Post
    I changed my case to gray, it was pretty easy using the video posted above and the service manual. If you order a gray case, you might want to order the grey sim card holder as well;-) It was not included with my case. I did use a hair dryer to soften the glue and used new double-sided adhesive tape.
    It looks nice and I would do it again.
    Post pictures?

just put a nice grey cover around the phone, its much cheaper! Nokia Lumia 920 CC-1043 Soft Cover - Grijs op GSMpunt.nl! Nokia Lumia 920 Hoesjes