Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. deuxani's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
       #1  
    So someone posted a link to a trusted Dutch site who sells the grey casing and I'm tempted to buy it :) The only problem is that there are no disassembly videos or instructions online to be found. The only thing I found was the service manual: Nokia lumia 920 service manual L 1+2 - xda-developers

    Taking the 920 a part seems like an easy job, but the problem with what the service manual mentions is that in a couple of steps, where you have to take some tape and support of, it clearly mentions that they are not reusable afterwards. So, my question is.... is it only possible to change the casing if you have access to all the extra materials or is this just mentioned because it's a service manual for resellers and that they aren't allowed to reuse those materials?
  2. Slai's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    557 Posts
    #2  
    Just take it to a nokia care facility and say "hey, swap case for me?" and see what they charge. Should keep your warranty as well if they do it, perhaps.
  3. z33dev33l's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    603 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    #3  
    Just be careful. I did the same on my L900 and while I did it all flawlessly the phone never felt quite right again... There were creaks.
  4. deuxani's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slai View Post
    Just take it to a nokia care facility and say "hey, swap case for me?" and see what they charge. Should keep your warranty as well if they do it, perhaps.
    That sounds like a good idea yeah :) It's best I ask them first before buying the casing as the phone isn't sold yet in my country, so they might not have spare parts available.

    Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    Just be careful. I did the same on my L900 and while I did it all flawlessly the phone never felt quite right again... There were creaks.
    I can imagine what you mean! Where there also creaks when you put the original case back on or just on the new one? Mine already creaks from three sides when it gets hot, so I can't imagine it getting worse :D
  5. JConn_Lefty's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxani View Post
    So someone posted a link to a trusted Dutch site who sells the grey casing and I'm tempted to buy it :) The only problem is that there are no disassembly videos or instructions online to be found. The only thing I found was the service manual: Nokia lumia 920 service manual L 1+2 - xda-developers

    Taking the 920 a part seems like an easy job, but the problem with what the service manual mentions is that in a couple of steps, where you have to take some tape and support of, it clearly mentions that they are not reusable afterwards. So, my question is.... is it only possible to change the casing if you have access to all the extra materials or is this just mentioned because it's a service manual for resellers and that they aren't allowed to reuse those materials?
    where can i purchase the gray oem nokia 920 housing?
    Lumia 920
  6. deuxani's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
       #7  
    Thanked by:
  7. JConn_Lefty's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxani View Post
    thank you for the link.

    pricier than i thought. would you happen to know if they accept orders from the US?
    Lumia 920
  8. deuxani's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
       #9  
    I was hoping for €20 less too... but it's pretty new still of course :) They only ship to The Netherlands and Belgium.
  9. JConn_Lefty's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxani View Post
    I was hoping for €20 less too... but it's pretty new still of course :) They only ship to The Netherlands and Belgium.
    i was afraid of that.

    would you happen to know of any companies that deal with US customers?
    Lumia 920
  10. ljkelley's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    #11  
    Let me know if you do this yourself or what Nokia or anyone else would charge to do this.
  11. deuxani's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
       #12  
    I just found this video of a disassembly: Guide to disassembling and re-assembling a Nokia Lumia 920 | WMPoweruser

    It looks pretty doable :) Now I just have to decide if I want to risk it! I will keep you posted.
  12. nomzam's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #13  
    But mine is working fine yet. Just felt heating problem because I covered it with fancy mobile cover I guess.
  13. badari's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    #14  
    I changed my case to gray, it was pretty easy using the video posted above and the service manual. If you order a gray case, you might want to order the grey sim card holder as well;-) It was not included with my case. I did use a hair dryer to soften the glue and used new double-sided adhesive tape.
    It looks nice and I would do it again.
  14. Hiro2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by badari View Post
    I changed my case to gray, it was pretty easy using the video posted above and the service manual. If you order a gray case, you might want to order the grey sim card holder as well;-) It was not included with my case. I did use a hair dryer to soften the glue and used new double-sided adhesive tape.
    It looks nice and I would do it again.
    Post pictures?
  15. Ramon Schutte's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    #16  
    just put a nice grey cover around the phone, its much cheaper! Nokia Lumia 920 CC-1043 Soft Cover - Grijs op GSMpunt.nl! Nokia Lumia 920 Hoesjes

Similar Threads

  1. Change the folder that Skydrive auto-uploads to.
    By Freddie AppsHero in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 02:24 PM
  2. Should wpcentral add a windows 8 disscussion. And should change the name to mscentral
    By 12Danny123 in forum WPCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 08:06 PM
  3. change the "reply to" email address
    By Bpgar in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 04:07 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 06:19 PM
  5. Looks like they changed the back etching to Nokia
    By red grenadine in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 05:59 PM

Posting Permissions

B