12-09-2012, 03:26 PM #1
- 1 Posts
I recently upgraded from a Lumia 900 to the 920 and have overall been very happy. However, I seem to have lost the ability to configure the Security Type (none, WEP, WPA)in the Internet Sharing settings. Indeed, I only have two items that are configurable now...the SSID and the WPA password.
I occasionally use Internet Sharing to provide WiFi access to some older computers (at a charity where I volunteer) that aren't able to connect to WPA so I need to figure out how to update/restore my phone so I can manage it a little more granularly.
Has anyone else come across this apparently limitation? Am I missing an update or might an update applied have whacked the Internet Sharing config options? I've looked around online and cannot seem to find any details.
12-09-2012, 03:35 PM #2
- 217 Posts
I think you might out of luck. My unlocked dev kit version doesn't have additional settings, just SSID and Password. Could be a feature lost in the transition to WP8. Try sending a tweet to Microsoft to see if the feature can be restored?
- By izik770 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 27Last Post: 12-10-2013, 11:35 PM
- By KILLAchievement in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 53Last Post: 04-02-2013, 12:13 AM
- By doomtuba in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 11-06-2012, 01:24 PM
- By red grenadine in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 10-25-2012, 04:23 PM
- By giodelgado in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 11Last Post: 07-02-2012, 01:36 AM