Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

When I took it off the charger this morning, it said I had five days left remaining. That was pretty optimistic. :) Now, a few hours later, it shows even more left (see screen shot)?? Does this gauge have any bearing in reality? How does it come up with this?

P.S. Seems to have gotten overly optimistic since yesterday when I (finally) got the display+touch update. It may be a coincidence, though.

wp_ss_20121209_0001.png

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Awesome, hahaha :) I hope my L920 will get batterylife like that, when I get it :p

Apparently it takes awhile for that number to become more accurate. The number also depends on how you use the phone.. It could be 5 days of idle but 5 hours of hard use.

I should have mentioned that I've had the phone for a month. It usually says a day or two remaining when picked up from the charger. Just a little wacky today.

I've noticed some crazy estimates too recently. It tends to be when I've not touched the phone for hours and turned the cellular data off. As soon as I start using it it drops significantly. I still find my battery is fine when the phone's idle but as soon as I start using it the battery just drops.

wp_ss_20121209_0003.png
    Thanked by:

lol yours is impressive! Sure is odd, though. Kind of pointless if it's not based on anything real. Almost like how Windows will say a file you're downloading has 20 seconds left, except it says that for five minutes. Useless lol.