Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I purchased this app for my Lumia 920 after reading a good review at WPCentral. The app works but only when you open it manually. It never updates the weather in the background and the live tile is never updated. I wish developers test the apps on a number of devices before releasing to public.
    Last edited by sakahn; 12-09-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Global Posts
    1,793 Global Posts
    Works fine for me. Does it show allowed in the background tasks? What do you have the Live Tile update interval set at?

The guts of the 820 and the 920 are the same, besides i have seen positive comments from 920 owners as well.
    Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express
    The SmartPhone Parade (2006-Now)
    QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820

I own this app too and have never faced any of the issues you're talking about. Did you make sure you pinned the app from inside the app and not from the app list? That seems to be important.

The app is allowed to run in the background. I verified in settings. Similarly I pinned the live tile from inside the app. The problem is with the update only. I have constant WiFi connection, but in last 5 hours it never tried to update the weather or the live tile. I have set the live tile update interval to hourly. When I launch the app then it fetches the new weather data and also updates the live tile.

Quote Originally Posted by sakahn View Post
    The app is allowed to run in the background. I verified in settings. Similarly I pinned the live tile from inside the app. The problem is with the update only. I have constant WiFi connection, but in last 5 hours it never tried to update the weather or the live tile. I have set the live tile update interval to hourly. When I launch the app then it fetches the new weather data and also updates the live tile.
    No idea. I also have this app and haven't had that problem. Where is your location? I'll try pinning your loc and see if it works for me.
    Thanked by:
    sakahn 

Quote Originally Posted by Fleon View Post
    No idea. I also have this app and haven't had that problem. Where is your location? I'll try pinning your loc and see if it works for me.
    My location is Sharjah, UAE.

Global Posts
    1,793 Global Posts
    I pinned your location as well and it flips fine, ofcourse, can't tell before an hour if it will update.

May try un installing and re installing the app.

PS: Nice temperatures over there, cold here.
    QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820
    Thanked by:
    sakahn 

Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    I pinned your location as well and it flips fine, ofcourse, can't tell before an hour if it will update.

May try un installing and re installing the app.

PS: Nice temperatures over there, cold here.
    Winter is very nice here. Between 15 - 30 degrees, if you can call it winter that is :-) Summers on the other hand are scorching, 42 - 48 degrees.

I also only have the problem with the update. I opened the app at 1 pm and the temperature was 27 degrees. Till 7 pm there was no update the tile was still showing the Sun at the smallest size. I opened the app and the last update time was still 1 pm. It then updated the weather data and the live tile at the same time.

Global Posts
    1,793 Global Posts
    I guess it is too much to expect year round nice weather. :-)

I will post if whether or not your weather updates for in about 45 mins.
    Thanked by:
    sakahn 

Global Posts
    1,793 Global Posts
    Hi there, your weather updated on the Live Tile just now, in almost an hour from when I pinned it.

If yours still is not, un installing and re installing might work.

I also seem to have the same problem on my Lumia 920. All locations are in the UK and background updates are allowed for this app

Global Posts
    1,057 Global Posts
    Try contacting the developers directly.

Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Hi there, your weather updated on the Live Tile just now, in almost an hour from when I pinned it.

If yours still is not, un installing and re installing might work.
    Thanks. After the re-install I have seen it updating for the first time by itself. Hopefully it will keep on working.

I spoke too soon. No update since last three hours again. Have to refresh it manually. Guess I will try some other weather app. It is surprising though, why it does not work in the first place. Maybe some future update will fix it.

You mentioned that you have a constant WiFi connection. WP doesn't typically use WiFi if the screen is off; I don't know for sure if it turns on WiFi when it runs periodic tasks, but I doubt it. Do you also have a constant cellular/mobile signal? If not, I would guess that Amazing Weather is starting up, finding no signal, and stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by manicottiK View Post
    You mentioned that you have a constant WiFi connection. WP doesn't typically use WiFi if the screen is off; I don't know for sure if it turns on WiFi when it runs periodic tasks, but I doubt it. Do you also have a constant cellular/mobile signal? If not, I would guess that Amazing Weather is starting up, finding no signal, and stopping.
    Yes, I have a constant cellular connection. Emails sync perfectly in the background, even when the phone is off. I am just wondering if Amazing weather uses cellular data or not? Let's say the WiFi is off when it is scheduled to be updated but it doesn't pull the data over the cellular connection. I didn't see anything in the settings to enable or disable it.

Global Posts
    1,057 Global Posts
    I'm going to bring this up again, in case it was missed or ignored the first time: try contacting the developers directly. If they don't know there is an issue, how can they address and fix it?

Hi sir, we are happy to have customers from UAE that is Amazing :), please do contact us at amazingweather@eizsoft.com so we can further assist you.
    mean while try the following:

1- Make sure you have a cellular connection.
    2- Try to pin a non - GPS live tile as your location might not be recognized by the weather service (try out for example Paris, and check if the tile updates)

Amazing Weather works wonderfully for me. The Weather Channel app didn't update its live tile properly and other weather apps I tried didn't look or act much better. Your phone doesn't happen to be in battery saver mode, does it? That may be too obvious, but then again it is often the most basic things we overlook.

Quote Originally Posted by eizsoft View Post
    Hi sir, we are happy to have customers from UAE that is Amazing :), please do contact us at amazingweather@eizsoft.com so we can further assist you.

2- Try to pin a non - GPS live tile as your location might not be recognized by the weather service (try out for example Paris, and check if the tile updates)
    Thanks, I am sending you the email. As for the steps:

1) I have a cellular connection. Emails are synced in the background on the cellular connection after every 15 minutes.
    2) I tried both GPS and non-GPS tiles. It get the right location even with the GPS tile. I will set the location to Paris and test the live tile.

Quote Originally Posted by TNL Nick View Post
    Amazing Weather works wonderfully for me. The Weather Channel app didn't update its live tile properly and other weather apps I tried didn't look or act much better. Your phone doesn't happen to be in battery saver mode, does it? That may be too obvious, but then again it is often the most basic things we overlook.
    Battery saver mode is definitely off.

I have had this issue a few times over the weeks I have been using the app. The sure fire way I have found to get the tile updating again is to go into background task settings and block amazing weather. then click then box that says "turn bac kground task on when the app is launched again". Then I turn off my phone and back on. Then I launch the app then back out to the start screen. Works fine. This is for my GPS tile. I mostly am within a wifi connection, and almost always have LTE connection.

Quote Originally Posted by sakahn View Post
    I purchased this app for my Lumia 920 after reading a good review at WPCentral. The app works but only when you open it manually. It never updates the weather in the background and the live tile is never updated. I wish developers test the apps on a number of devices before releasing to public.
    Welcome to the club. I've tried at least 9 different Weather apps, both paid and free and NONE of them worked worth a dog gone. Including Amazing Weather. Full disclosure, I don't have the HD because I don't have a Windows Phone 8 but after that experience, I just come to believe it is a OS soft spot. I did find ONE weather app that will update the lock screen without having to touch it first and its called BeWeather. You NEVER have to touch the tile and it updates perfectly. I don't know if it is available for Windows Phone 8 but I trust this developer to know how to code for Windows phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Techblogger View Post
    Welcome to the club. I've tried at least 9 different Weather apps, both paid and free and NONE of them worked worth a dog gone. Including Amazing Weather. Full disclosure, I don't have the HD because I don't have a Windows Phone 8 but after that experience, I just come to believe it is a OS soft spot. I did find ONE weather app that will update the lock screen without having to touch it first and its called BeWeather. You NEVER have to touch the tile and it updates perfectly. I don't know if it is available for Windows Phone 8 but I trust this developer to know how to code for Windows phone.
    I've had a very pleasant experience with the Amazing Weather HD app. Its tile updates almost on time (I set it up to update the tile hourly), and I rarely open the app because the tile provides all the info I need - current temperature, hi/low temperature for the day and current conditions on the front face of the tile and a 5-day forecast on its flip side (there are 2 other kinds of tiles you can pin that will provide slightly different information).

Quote Originally Posted by eizsoft View Post

I sent you guys an email couple of days ago but didn't get any reply.

Anyways, I think the main issue with this app is that it is not able to refresh on the cellular connection. Even though my cellular connection works fine and I can browse the Internet and sync my emails, this app is never able to update the data over the cellular connection. Since most of the time the phone is in the standby mode and the wifi is off it never updates the weather. It only updates with the wifi. I hope this issue can be fixed in some later update. Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast