Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I got my red 920 yesterday and I love it! While I'm not big on mobile gaming, I did install a few famous ones ( angry birds!) to check'em out. And I found the graphics quality of those games to be much inferior to the same games on iPhone. Am I the only one seeing this?!

Maybe it's because WP8 is first WP with support for very high pixel density and the games haven't been updated for that yet?

Quote Originally Posted by luckylifo View Post
    I got my red 920 yesterday and I love it! While I'm not big on mobile gaming, I did install a few famous ones ( angry birds!) to check'em out. And I found the graphics quality of those games to be much inferior to the same games on iPhone. Am I the only one seeing this?!

Maybe it's because WP8 is first WP with support for very high pixel density and the games haven't been updated for that yet?

not to mention the resolution of the 920 is greater, so a low resolution game will not look that great (just like an SD broadcast on an HD tv)
    Some games just haven't been updated with higher res textures. Check out Angry Birds Star Wars. That game looks just as good on my 920 as it does on my wifes iPhone 5.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Was it "Angry Birds: Star Wars" ? I think that one looks great on my Lumia 920