12-10-2012, 06:57 AM #78
- 655 Posts
I have mentioned this before, but my biggest issue was the locking up.rebooting of the phone. This happened to me multiple times on multiple devices. I can just about look past anything else, but finally got tired of this. Please fix this Nokia and I will be back. Until then I can't rely on this phone.
12-10-2012, 07:31 AM #81
- 33 Posts
basically because on 1 dec whatsapp developer remove the app and say it is not compatable to wp 8 and i have been mailing them to bring it back but basically they don't seems to be interested at all.. so basically i email/sms all my 1000 over contacts to change to LINE instead.. whatsapp is the one that is not willing to release it to wp8 at the moment.. so if they don't care for users i don't know why i should bother about whatsapp.. cos many other apps can do the same like LINE, Kakaotalk,ChatOn..
basically sdk of wp8 was release in end nov , maybe thats why developer have no time to update it.. I personally bought whatsapp on my Note 1 and S3 but if they think wp8 is not worth the time to do it, then i think its not worth for me to support them at all but sadly i already paid for whatsapp on my note 1 n s3.
of cos wp 8 does not have as much apps as andriod or Iphone but i am sure it will grow and now lumia 920 is my main phone.. my note 1 is basically sitting as a spare now.
12-10-2012, 08:49 AM #82
- 13 Posts
Welcome to the world of early adoption. Most non-app issues that people are really screaming about will be fixed with the update that's coming early '13. The apps are reliant on the app developer, so that's harder to say.
As far as the initial complaints and a few others raised in the thread:
I have never used WhatsApp and don't know anyone else that does, so I can't speak to that.
My FB chat is fully integrated without a FB developed app. If FB chooses to make one, we'll have two options for FB chatting.
I don't use skype, although I'd like to. I hope they get their bugs ironed out.
I've seen this in a couple of threads, people complaining about having to reboot/restart their phones because they've locked up. I've had mine since 10 a.m. on Nov. 9th. I haven't hard to restart or reboot once because of a lock. It's worked exceptionally well and I love it. I think a lot of issues people are having are from being early adopters and the bugs are still there. Give it an update before you really start complaining. If your business is so phone-dependent that you can't wait that long, go ahead and switch.
12-10-2012, 12:27 PM #83
- 55 Posts
- 12-10-2012, 01:06 PM #84
- 12-10-2012, 02:13 PM #88
Here's a summary of this thread:
Screw you Microsoft!!!!!!
Android is so much better!
Screw this, I'm not reading 10 pages.
Don't like your phone? Get a new one.
The End.The views expressed in the proceeding post are my own and not affiliated with those of my employers past, present and future. Any advice provided is to be used at your own discretion as the author of this post is not liable for any damages incurred. I am not a lawyer, certified technician of any trade or representative of any wireless service provider or phone manufacturer.
You are entitled to your opinion, but that does not mean that I need to agree with it.
- 12-10-2012, 02:36 PM #89
@OP, I am with the others that have no need for any of the services you are missing. 99% of the time I am marked as offline for FB chat, don't use skype or whatsapp. I do appreciate your feedback though as this information will be important for some.
My reason for replying to you is to remind you of something that you touched on about something working in 7.5 and not yet working on 8. One of the issues MS created when they made their WP8 announcements (and support levels for say the Lumia 900) is they kinda threw developers under a bus (between a rock and a hard place, etc). To maintain current userbase (like you mentioned the people that aren't tech geeks, these people aren't dropping their 900, or whatever WP7 device, months after purchase to get a brand new WP8 device) developers still have to support their WP7 apps, while starting over for WP8. I don't know a large amount about developing for WP, but we all have seen the same thing happen for other platforms when "legacy devices" (hate that term) are announced to not be receiving XYZ capability that new devices will have. So as Dave said, be patient and those things will come as WP in general evolves to WP8.
Also instead of saying you won't recommend, maybe you let people know what the phone can and can't do for you, as your problems with the phone seem to be pretty specific and not an overall usability thing for all smartphone users.
12-10-2012, 07:13 PM #91
- 528 Posts
Never thought I'd say this but I'm starting to regret it as well. All of the sudden I can't send text messages, and my Microsoft account is constantly trying to sync. Apparently this is a widespread problem and there's no solution to it. Epic fail.
*EDIT: Seems to suddenly be working again. Fingers crossed.
Last edited by hasasimo; 12-10-2012 at 08:39 PM.
- 12-10-2012, 07:26 PM #93
I definitely regret my decision to switch to WP8 (Nokia 920 and 820).
1. Battery. I have to charge at least 3 times a day. I have everything turned off and rarely use it at work. It just sits there and I watch the battery drain.
2. Apps, I knew apps were scarce coming in, but all we ever hear is they're coming. Plus the apps I need say they have no plans to support WP. Must have is a tracking app. My wife wants me to know where she is late at night.
3. Phones freeze daily. Especially my wife's 820. She travels late at night an needs her phone.
4. Support. Nokia support is the worst. Yes Elop will send out a canned answer and Macy will call, but then nothing. Been over a month since I've heard from them.
5. OS/Software glitches... Again, it coming and it's coming, and it's coming.
6. Live tiles do not update real time. What good is Battery Status live tile if I have to open the app to see the level?
7. Charging pad will not charge 920 to full charge.
8. Reception is terrible. We didn't have this problem until getting 920 and 820.
I love WP8 and Microsoft is great. But it's not ready for Primetime, apps or not. I'm past my 14 day return window due to promises from Nokia support that haven't come true so I am stuck. I will not recommend this phone to anyone.
12-10-2012, 07:50 PM #94
- 13 Posts
I was ready to go to AT&T until I saw that thread. I'm currently on my 4th black 920. I love the phone and WP8 but I've had to return 2 phones for build issues and 1 because I bricked it doing a factory reset(before the fix was posted on the forums).
I don't know if I'm just very unlucky or if I just keep getting phones from a bad batch. I have a couple of colleagues that have a black and red 920 and they have had zero issues.
The last couple of days this latest 920 has started exhibiting the creaking in the top right and bottom left of the phone. It's getting worse and I can hear it now just picking the phone up.
The camera housing is not flush with the body either. There is a pronounced lip on the back of the phone where the housing meets the body. Two of the other black 920s I had this as well.
I haven't had any of the other issues most have reported such as battery life. Other than build issues I've been happy with the phone for the most part.
- 12-11-2012, 08:42 AM #96
Maybe try not being so close minded?Thanked by:
- 12-11-2012, 12:50 PM #98
In general mobile FB implementation as a whole is horrible on every platform, I have yet to find a platform that someone doesn't have a complaint about one aspect or another of some FB implementation, this includes iOS and Android as well as WP, webOS, and Blackberry.
- 12-11-2012, 02:04 PM #99
12-11-2012, 02:34 PM #100
- 548 Posts
2. Sad to hear about the tracking apps, are there none out there? Well, apps is a big pill to swallow when being an early adopter, sadly.
3. Thats very sad. You obviously have tried everything, disabling NFC, setting it to 3g max instead of 4g if you dont have 4g, etc?
4. Nokia is pretty good at support IME, and updates are coming, thank god. Might be different in your region.
5. Which ones? Personally I havent seen any OS/SW glitches yet.
6. Does the battery app run in the background? If it doesnt, of course it wont display correctly. If it does and STILL doesnt work, thats plain sad. My Live Tiles work just fine, but thats not 3rd party tiles so its probably different.
7. ORLY? Thats new :o . I dont have a pad myself atm, but... really? This isnt related to your battery issues? Try the tip at #1 and see if perhaps that changes things for you guys?
8. Eh, reception is exactly the same as my N9 and Lumia 800. Though if memory serves, my SGS3 had better reception.
You shouldnt condemn the phone based on your faulty devices and the lack of apps which is a very personal thing. I get how you would, Im just saying it might not be a good reason to avoid recommending the phone.
- By f1camaro in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 28Last Post: 12-14-2012, 12:18 PM
- By David Horler in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 12-03-2012, 05:22 PM
- By Villain in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 8Last Post: 09-15-2012, 09:17 PM
- By sprizant in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 07-30-2012, 02:44 PM
- By HeyCori in forum HTC TITANReplies: 3Last Post: 11-25-2011, 03:16 PM