Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts
    I love the guy who said he didn't have a working phone because it had a dead pixel...

Nokia people just give credit to a company that supports their products. When it comes to innovation Nokia leads the pack. I have never had a Nokia but plan to buy one for my next phone because of their reputation. What I don't understand is the Nokia hate.

Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    I guess that's possible but I know these people. The BK is down the block from my apt so I tend to visit there quite often. But even if she was being biased I also agreed that his was more detailed which made his look slightly better.
    In day shots, the iPhone is better. No real shame in that. The iPhone's camera is pretty awesome.

For a complete camera capable of taking good photos in day AND night, and also have the best video, the 920 is the top.
    karmamule and Alex Kj like this.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    In day shots, the iPhone is better. No real shame in that. The iPhone's camera is pretty awesome.

For a complete camera capable of taking good photos in day AND night, and also have the best video, the 920 is the top.
    i agree , the night shots are better. On the 920 and the i5 has much sharper daylight photos, well photos in general and so the panorama works better on the i5
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by odin09 View Post
    Nokia people just give credit to a company that supports their products. When it comes to innovation Nokia leads the pack. I have never had a Nokia but plan to buy one for my next phone because of their reputation. What I don't understand is the Nokia hate.
    Nokia hasn't led in the smartphone world since back when I had my 6000. The only competition then was WinMo which was weak and BB which could only call, text and email. When Symbian became obsolete Nokia's edge went with it. They are now playing catch up in an effort to save the company.

There's no hate for Nokia, but Nokia fanboys are so in the tank for the brand that they are willing to excuse the many many flaws in the Lumia line and talk about the 920 like it is the 2nd coming. It's a decent phone. That's it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaj324 View Post
    Nokia people are the biggest excuse making, kool aid drinking bunch I've ever seen...........except for Obama supporters that is.
    Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress
    I think anyone that is passionate about something will have varied responses based on the situation. I don't personally feel like defending Nokia on a regular basis and much of what you could slam for Nokia doing / not doing for their flagship model could be associated with any number of top tier device makers such as HTC, Samsung and of course Apple. Make no mistake about it, I love my Lumia 920. I also know that it has its fair share of faults and isn't going to be the best device for everyone. You aren't going to win points by taking a discussion over camera shots taken with the Lumia 920 versus the iPhone 5 and running your own personal agenda and political viewpoints.

By the way, I am firmly against Obama and his policies but I find that anyone who takes the discussion to arenas where they shouldnt' be contested just makes people who may share their views look bad.
    Alex Kj likes this.

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    if you are buying a hamburger that is expressing emotion I really have no sympathy for you. Is this just BK's way of saying they sell mad cow hamburger meat?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason De Castro View Post
    I don't understand everyone. My Lumia is fine. The only thing that is different is the sound of my vibrate but I'd hardly call it a rattle. Its definitely not return worthy. Mine is yellow, my camera has no soft spots, my battery is fine. Why are there so many "problems"?
    Ask Nokia? That's the only thing I can think of, lol
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    but I find that anyone who takes the discussion to arenas where they shouldnt' be contested just makes people who may share their views look bad.
    I find that it's better to take the discussion where you think it should go without worrying what someone else thinks. Everyone has their limitations and restraint can sometimes come across as weakness.
    Nokia people are the biggest excuse making, kool aid drinking bunch I've ever seen...........except for Obama supporters that is.
    Please stay on topic. This is not the forum for pushing your political beliefs.
    karmamule and Alex Kj like this.

The Angry Whopper is delicious. I'm sorry you lost your Smoked by iPhone challenge (or in this case is it "charbroiled").

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I haven't lost a picture battle yet, with still or video, even won over a Nexus 4. So I'm still saying it's the best camera out there:) and even with the little bit of softness, this can be cured by a software/firmware fix. No complaints.
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    I find that it's better to take the discussion where you think it should go without worrying what someone else thinks. Everyone has their limitations and restraint can sometimes come across as weakness.
    Don't mistake restraint for weakness.

Going by your logic, if I felt the need to discuss the immorality of an exotic club I should bring my soapbox with me to the stage and quote bits from the bible while Girls, Girls, Girls plays in the background.

tact
    noun

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues.

Maybe you should find less devisive ways of sharing your thoughts and ideals with the community. Maybe even take it to an off-topic forum?
    Alex Kj likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Thanks for the advice ma'am but that's not how I roll. You keep doing your thing your way and I'll do the same.

Going by your logic, if I felt the need to discuss the immorality of an exotic club I should bring my soapbox with me to the stage and quote bits from the bible while Girls, Girls, Girls plays in the background.

tact
    noun

Maybe you should find less devisive ways of sharing your thoughts and ideals with the community. Maybe even take it to an off-topic forum?
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

tact
    noun

Oh, and one more thing.....this is what you consider "difficult issues"?? Not surprising..

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    You guys turned my heart breaking loss if an angry whopper thread in a phone war.

I would have said - fair enough, I'll come back when it's dark for a rematch, but in the meantime, send me your picture via NFC and lets see who's screen it looks best on then. Whaa... what's that? You don't have NFC?! Huh. . . Okay, you've got wireless charging though, right?
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
    Thanked by:
    ZiiimZooon likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Oh, and one more thing.....this is what you consider "difficult issues"?? Not surprising..
    What's surprising is that you took the literal definition of tact as my specific point of view. Honestly, I was hoping you would pause for a moment before you speak or in this case type out a response to someone with whom you do not share the same worldly view. At no point was I attempting to make light of you let alone your opinons, but it appears that you have directed your responses into that direction with the "not surprising" remark.

I should have picked up on the obvious trolling but my morning beverage has failed to wake me up fully. Here's to trying again at lunch in an hour.
    Alex Kj likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    You guys turned my heart breaking loss if an angry whopper thread in a phone war.
    Your boss: "Ahha! I've won an angry whopper! ..."

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/22037621.jpg
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Supes View Post
    I would have said - fair enough, I'll come back when it's dark for a rematch, but in the meantime, send me your picture via NFC and lets see who's screen it looks best on then. Whaa... what's that? You don't have NFC?! Huh. . . Okay, you've got wireless charging though, right?

Then follow up with this...

Yeah I've got to run, but could you mail me my coupon for a free Whopper? Just pull up my address on your maps application. Wait, you have an iPhone 5. Nevermind!
    Thanked by:
    Big Supes and ZiiimZooon like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

NOT SENT FROM MY HTC 8X or TITAN 2
    WTF man, are you trying to fry my brain? :D
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    I think he's been drinking his own Kool-Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by henilp89 View Post
    im returning my lumia 920 for htc one x+.. i pre-ordered the damn thing on the 8th of nov n i still dont have a working phone (dead pixel, battery life sucks).. i got a defective model and they agreed to send me a replacement device which is backordered lol its pathetic.. so tired.. i also have dust under FFC n my sis iPhone 5 does take really good pictures n we most the time take it during the day so it doesnt matter how well it performers at night but yaa.. really want this phone but it sucks (they only have black n red model available) n there are few things in WP8 that does not make sense n those really bothers me so im gonna go with android (had focus then Lumia 900 but cant support msft forever) some things they do just pisses me off
    Good luck with that. HTC has terrible quality control. Get a Nexus 4, Optimus G, or Samsung Galaxy S3 instead. Or even an Xperia T.
    Banned

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I think he's been drinking his own Kool-Aid.
    Well I actually agree with him on the Nokia fanboys. Or rather WP fanboys. Every platform has their fanboys and they are all terrible but WP has the unfortunate fate of being the least mature OS and so the WP fanboys have to make up for that with their extra "passion" and tend to make the most excuses, simply because they have to.

It's unfortunate, it hurts the platform but there is nothing we can do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcaliburII View Post
    I haven't lost a picture battle yet, with still or video, even won over a Nexus 4. So I'm still saying it's the best camera out there:) and even with the little bit of softness, this can be cured by a software/firmware fix. No complaints.
    Nexus 4 camera isn't the greatest so that is nothing to brag about. However, it does own in everything else except LTE and camera and for $299 unlocked, it just wins automatically.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast