Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Hello, just trying to figure out. When I first got my phone, I had it since my contacts from my windows live account. I also have my Facebook contacts on my phone as well. The confusion I'm having is let's say for example I have "John" as a friend on Facebook but don't have his number. I eventually get his number and save it to his Facebook contact card. Of course it would give you the message saying you can't add details so it adds the number under my windows live account correct? However, when I go to look at the contact card it says Hotmail instead of windows live. Are they the same thing?

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Yes @hotmaill or @live or the same thing.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Okay good I was getting confused as to why it was saving the contacts to hotmail like it wasn't saving/syncing with my windows live account. Thank you for the clarification.

It's crazy with the hotmail, live and outlook addresses

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Indeed, Microsoft keeps changing the branding of their services, but they're all the same account. Hotmail became Windows Live Mail which then became Outlook.com. Each branding also brought its own domain name with it, and currently Outlook.com supports @hotmail.com, @live.com and @outlook.com addresses.
    Thanked by: