Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

The phone was given to me as a gift, unfortunately with recent car problems I was never able to buy a case for it. Today while walking down the stairs I had my phone out talking to someone, and missed a step.

My immediate bodily reaction was to drop my phone to grab the railing on my left (left handed). When I realized what was going on I immediately went to catch my phone and fall all at once.

So I basically grabbed the rail and attempted to catch my phone. I failed and bobbled the phone causing it to fall from a higher height. (from a 8-9 foot fall to a 10-11 easy).

The phone bounces twice off the concrete floor. My screen is intact. Camera still works. But the bottom corners are dented really bad. And one edge is chipped and black (hopefully I can at least get it white again). It feels horrible.

So yea, grateful that I'm not at the hospital and I have a fully working phone, but disappointed that after owning it for two weeks I dropped it. My first smartphone drop ever too.

While typing this, I also noticed my screen was popped out a little more than usual and I just pushed it in. It clicked in place. Ugh...

Global Posts
    2,846 Global Posts
    You're lucky the lumia 920 is a solid and well built phone.

Had that been a Sasmsung S3 or something, bye bye phone.

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Mora of the story: don't talk and walk the stairs at the same time. :)

On a serious note, glad you're okay, and the phone survived, albeit a little banged up.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Visual360 View Post
    Mora of the story: don't talk and walk the stairs at the same time. :)

On a serious note, glad you're okay, and the phone survived, albeit a little banged up.
    Yea I learned my lesson quick. Now I gotta get a case fast. Might just use my 3gs until I get one.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I know that with the launch of the 900 AT&T carried silicon covers that were the same colors of the phone. I'd be interested in getting one for the 920 to use on the off occasion I'm out all day, but they don't seem to be carrying any? I think something as simple as that would have helped MacDaMachine.
    Thanked by:
    You can consider sanding down or rounding the corner to smooth it out again. The body is a uniform color through and through. I can't find the link in a quick search, but I remember someone did it to a L900 and it worked out really well.
    Thanked by:

Try these from Amazon. I couldn't get yellow, but I like the color of the case more than the phone. $7! http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A1Z...wpcentral00-20
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Got this one for my Lumia 920, and looks very nice and doesn't add much bulk to the device. It's the Incipio Feather. It also comes with a screen protector, but somehow, because the way the glass edges is semi-roundish, the edges don't stick very well. Not to say the screen protector is no good, but I have not found a screen protector that actually adhere well on the edges of the Lumia 920.

wp_20121208_006.jpg
    wp_20121208_007.jpg
    Thanked by:

Got this one for my Lumia 920, and looks very nice and doesn't add much bulk to the device. It's the Incipio Feather. It also comes with a screen protector, but somehow, because the way the glass edges is semi-roundish, the edges don't stick very well. Not to say the screen protector is no good, but I have not found a screen protector that actually adhere well on the edges of the Lumia 920.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20121208_006.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	523.7 KB 
ID:	24397

Name:	WP_20121208_007.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	488.7 KB 
ID:	24398
    I'll definitely look into that.

Global Posts
    1,078 Global Posts

did you get that from the microsoft store? I cannot find incipio cases for the 920 :(
    Sent from my Lumia 920 C3P0.

i got my otterbox commuter in today and while it adds bulk, the level of mental comfort and reassurance i have is worth its money in gold. So much i dont have to worry about now. This phone will last my two year contract for sure now

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    You're lucky the lumia 920 is a solid and well built phone.

Had that been a Sasmsung S3 or something, bye bye phone.
    seriously, stop with these comments. Every phone is susceptible to drops and breaks no matter the height. guy dropped his from 3 ft and it was destroyed just a few posts down.

Global Posts
    1,078 Global Posts
    the only white case I have been able to find is the speck candyshell grip, white tpu yellows over time. I hope incipio will offer the feather in white or case-mate barely there

Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    the only white case I have been able to find is the speck candyshell grip, white tpu yellows over time. I hope incipio will offer the feather in white or case-mate barely there
    Amazon.com: lumia 920 incipio case
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,078 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sabotagebx View Post
    yea the only white is tpu, which my last tpu case I had on my Titan yellowed and looked gross after a month or two :(
    Thanked by:

Barrier chief has a product that doesn't cover the entire screen because of the curves and leaves a millimeter on all the sides. I just ordered it so I cannot say how well it performs. I just saw a youtube video and it looked good.

Global Posts
    1,078 Global Posts

My Zagg Dry hugs the curves rather nicely and has not lifted up at all.
    Thanked by:
    johncampanale likes this.

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    I just don't like Zagg's "rubbery" feel. I like those cheap ones that feels more like glass.

My Zagg Dry hugs the curves rather nicely and has not lifted up at all.

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    I'll sure to take a look at that. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripple23 View Post
    Barrier chief has a product that doesn't cover the entire screen because of the curves and leaves a millimeter on all the sides. I just ordered it so I cannot say how well it performs. I just saw a youtube video and it looked good.

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Yup. Somehow that's the only brand of case they are selling. The store where I bought this one's anyway.
    did you get that from the microsoft store? I cannot find incipio cases for the 920 :(

I ordered this:
    Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T) Premium Combo Pack - Black TPU Flex Grip Gel Case + ATOM LED Keychain Light + Screen Protector + Wall Charger + Car Charger + Micro USB Cable: Cell Phones & Accessories

Terrific deal. Comes with a car charger, home charger, micro-usb cable and an el-cheapo case that fits pretty snugly and looks like it should absorb impact pretty much anywhere except the front.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Nokia Lumia 920 feather Ultra Thin Snap-On Case

Looks like Incipio has finally posted the cases to their website. I have the matching Cyan case and I love it.

Global Posts
    663 Global Posts
    My two year old dropped mine while he was on my shoulders. I'm over 6 ft so he was over 6 feet up, it hit concrete and the phone only has the slightest scratch on a ceramic button. Love this phone.
    You need these, they look more alike to the ones that NOKIA always release to their devices
    New Multicolor Soft Silicone Back Case Cover Skin Free Film for Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDaMachine View Post

My immediate bodily reaction was to drop my phone to grab the railing on my left (left handed).
    And that was a good thing to do. Glad you're ok!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast