Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Wondering if anyone else has this problem. When I make a call, I cannot access the keypad or speaker buttons (or anything else). On my girlfriends phone (same model) when you hold the phone away from your ear, the menu automatically pops up, on mine it does not. If i try to manually make it appear by hitting the power button on the side, it flashes for a second, then vanishes. It almost seems like the phone cannot recognize the position im holding it in, and thinks the menu has to stay off because im talking.

Any suggestions?

A couple suggestions for this issue have been using compressed air to ensure dust isn't behind the lens near the sensor that detects when the phone is up against your ear, installing the latest display+touch update, reducing the display+touch sensitivity.

Do you have a screen protector? The proximity sensor is just above the letter N in Nokia, and most cheap screen protectors cover it.