Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Quote Originally Posted by jmerrey View Post
    The best part of this thread is the guy who "liked" the original post. Why would you like someone having issues with their phone?

It's like on Facebook: someone posts bad news, and 5 people "like" it...

edit: My 920 is solid as a rock. If mine creaked as bad as you are saying, I'd return it. Of course, you said all you have to do is pick it up to make it creak, and quite honestly, that sounds really hard to believe. It's not that I don't believe you, but you've had two 920's, and both of them have creaked when you picked them up?
    For the record, the like button on Facebook is hit so people can receive updates for stories i.e new post added. Its something Facebook needs to change by adding an additional button like Follow or an unlike button
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathan18 View Post
    and yet I cant find a single 920 for a decent price
    Nokia Lumia 920 Black at T 32 GB Smartphone Mint with Bonus 6438158497528 | eBay

Nokia Lumia 920 32GB Black at T Windows 8 Smartphone 6438158497528 | eBay

Brand New Nokia Lumia 920 Black 6438158497528 | eBay

Nokia Lumia 920 at T Black 32GB in Box 6438158497528 | eBay

Nokia Lumia 920 32GB Black at T Smartphone WP8 Windows Phone 8 6438158497528 | eBay

There are white too you just have to check on ebay

I think that this prices are not bad for being off contract, you just have to put Net10, Straight Talk or H2O wireless sim if you don't want to deal with AT&T contract prices

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Holy Cow! Alex Rodriguez owns a Nokia 920!!!
    I've the same cracking in the same place on my white lumia. And i think that even louder sometimes. Its started not so long time ago and i've this phone a month (but overheating and battery drain stopped without hard reset or anything, just stopped withour any reason in time).

Mine has a bit of a creaking sound at the bottom too.. Should I go for an exchange? Would that be enough reasons for them to give me a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Shap2012 View Post
    My first one had a bad creaky noise on the left side and something big rattle inside. New one does not have either of these issues YET. Hoping it stays that way.
    May I ask you or everyone that has ones without the rattle what the batch number is for your L920?
    Mine is a 47/2012 considered quite new already but still does the rattling and some minor creaks at the left side too

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts
    mine has absolutely no rattle, but has the creaky, flex in the top of the polycarb

Same problem here.

Every time I hold the phone I can feel the plastic not solid also some crack noise. I just been using the phone I paid over AUD $750 for 1 day!
    If this is not a REAL problem then what is a REAL problem?

Lumia 920 is the flagship phone from NOKIA to compete with iphone 5, but not with this quality!
    I sure will get replacements until I'm satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiyue Liu View Post
    Same problem here.

Every time I hold the phone I can feel the plastic not solid also some crack noise. I just been using the phone I paid over AUD $750 for 1 day!
    If this is not a REAL problem then what is a REAL problem?

Lumia 920 is the flagship phone from NOKIA to compete with iphone 5, but not with this quality!
    I sure will get replacements until I'm satisfied.
    I love how you expect high quality for little money. People are expecting way too much for these relatively cheap phones. If people want high quality phones with great quality control for small artifacts they would have to pay way more than the low amounts we do today.

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidkoh View Post
    I love how you expect high quality for little money. People are expecting way too much for these relatively cheap phones. If people want high quality phones with great quality control for small artifacts they would have to pay way more than the low amounts we do today.
    I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    I disagree
    You don't agree that quality and quality control costs money which in the end the consumer will pay for?

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidkoh View Post
    You don't agree that quality and quality control costs money which in the end the consumer will pay for?
    I agree on that, I disagree that we shouldn't expect the 920 to be a solid device. The phone is heavily subsidized which is why is inexpensive. I also believe Nokia is charging less on the overall price to move more units.

My red L920 is rock solid with no flex whatsoever. I got mine from AT&T on the day it was released, if that matters...

mine feels solid, but it vibrates so violently that I can't imagine it going 3 years without damaging itself from the vibration intensity

Mine creaks once in a while near my index finger and volume button. I always hold with the left hand. Just holding lightly, not putting any pressure. I can live with it. Its very rare. If it always did it I'd go nuts...well more nuts.

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Some of the responses here mystify me.

My phone creaks/flexes along half the back right side of my 920. You can clearly hear it every time I pick up the phone or if I even move the phone in my hand and it gets worse each day. This is a build/quality issue. Yet many on here are basically saying quit whining, you are overreacting, nothing is perfect. And they are right, nothing is going to be 100% perfect.

However, I paid $450.00 USD off contract as I was not eligible for upgrade with AT&T. To me that is not a "little amount", although for some it may be. What about the people that are on contract? They are stuck with the phone for roughly 18 months. That "little amount" they pay over those 18 months is not so little when they have to use a possibly defective device for all those months. Yet some on here seem to think it's wrong that they expect to have a quality product. Why?? Why shouldn't we expect a quality product? Because quality control is so costly? Don't you think the lack of quality control and possible defective devices is worse for Nokia then replacing a number of handsets that aren't up to snuff? And just because your device might be "ok", doesn't mean the other guys or gals is.
    Last edited by kbilly70; 12-13-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Added gals to not offend any ladies here when I referenced only guys :)
    Jeddan likes this.

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbilly70 View Post
    Some of the responses here mystify me.

My phone creaks/flexes along half the back right side of my 920. You can clearly hear it every time I pick up the phone or if I even move the phone in my hand and it gets worse each day. This is a build/quality issue. Yet many on here are basically saying quit whining, you are overreacting, nothing is perfect. And they are right, nothing is going to be 100% perfect.

However, I paid $450.00 USD off contract as I was not eligible for upgrade with AT&T. To me that is not a "little amount", although for some it may be. What about the people that are on contract? They are stuck with the phone for roughly 18 months. That "little amount" they pay over those 18 months is not so little when they have to use a possibly defective device for all those months. Yet some on here seem to think it's wrong that they expect to have a quality product. Why?? Why shouldn't we expect a quality product? Because quality control is so costly? Don't you think the lack of quality control and possible defective devices is worse for Nokia then replacing a number of handsets that aren't up to snuff? And just because your device might be "ok", doesn't mean the other guys or gals is.
    yea some people can get rude for some reason, I don't get it. Maybe they have a broken (insert some other thing in their lives) and they feel they must take it out on someone else to feel better /shrug

I can't understand why some people here tell us to stand the quality problem because NOKIA lacks money?
    If I choose to buy a phone right now, I can get a iPhone 5 or Lumia 920 for the same price, but iPhone 5 with solid quality, better hardware performance, much developed system, much much more software. Also with better service.(If any problem like the creak sound, I can get a replacement in apple store right away). And yes, apple still make TONS of money!
    So the problem is NOKIA lacks money because replacements,repair cost or the poor quality of their product cause less customer?

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Mine creaks and pops along the whole left side of the phone when I put some pressure on it, it's really annoying. It didn't have that problem when I first got it. I've got a distinct gap between the display bezel and the polycarbonate case which I assume is the cause of the flex as when I pinch the gap closed the creaks all stop. I can fit my fingernails in this gap and pull apart the case from the screen. Surely this isn't normal? Every other side of the phone is glued to the case and there is no gap but I can swipe my whole fingernail through the left side of the phone. It's like the polcarb case isn't attached to the display strongly enough which is causing the flex and creaks. It was really solid without any creaks a week ago...And taking it back to the Telstra shop they say I have to send it back to Nokia even though I've had it less than 2 weeks.

img_20121214_174807.jpg

Can you guys do this on yours? Zoom in to get a good look.
    Last edited by devize; 12-14-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devize View Post
    Mine creaks and pops along the whole left side of the phone when I put some pressure on it, it's really annoying. It didn't have that problem when I first got it. I've got a distinct gap between the display bezel and the polycarbonate case which I assume is the cause of the flex as when I pinch the gap closed the creaks all stop. I can fit my fingernails in this gap and pull apart the case from the screen. Surely this isn't normal? Every other side of the phone is glued to the case and there is no gap but I can swipe my whole fingernail through the left side of the phone. It's like the polcarb case isn't attached to the display strongly enough which is causing the flex and creaks. It was really solid without any creaks a week ago...And taking it back to the Telstra shop they say I have to send it back to Nokia even though I've had it less than 2 weeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20121214_174807.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	879.3 KB 
ID:	24842

Can you guys do this on yours? Zoom in to get a good look.
    Yes, i can do that. What's interesting is that it seems to expand when it gets hot and really creaks, but when i have it out in the cold ~ -5C it's getting solid. However i contacted Nokia about the issue and they hadn't heard about it before. I am getting it exchanged.
    Thanked by:
    devize 

My black one is doing this and I just sent an email to Nokia to address this. My wife's white one only has an issue at the SIM door. 3 new 920s arrived into my office this week and they all feel solid.

I have reason to believe this is a quality issue occurring during assembly.
    devize likes this.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    It is problems like these that really question my decision to perhaps go with a 920. I am really, *really* bored with my iphone 4 but at least I know that if I get a iphone 5 I can walk some 10 minutes to the local iphone store and get the issue fixed or get a replacement (new or refurbished - and it will be cosmetically as a new phone)

Also haven't noticed creaks in mine. It's in a case but I never noticed any before.

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    Mine creaks only around the sim.card slot. Aside from that nothing
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    I understand people have issues with that the ones having it only around the SIM tray is just because of the void there but I can understand frustration with that.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast