I just got my replacement 920 and am trying to restore all my data/setting via cloud. How do I do this? I wasn't able to sign into windows account at the first screen and now don't see any way to do it?

Go to people hub/ settings/ accounts. You can add it there, along with Facebook, twitter etc. You can also get there by going to settings and looking through the applications pivot I believe. Alternately, you could reset your phone through settings/ about and scrolling to the bottom. Then you can go through the setup again.

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    I had exact same problem. Imho the setup procedure is flawed. The phone should set up a WiFi connection first. As I, like you, couldn't activate my mobile connection. Or, there should be a final question that says something like, congratulations on setup. We've noticed you have a previous profile stored in your account, would you like to install this?

But hey, what do we know?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by uktivo View Post
    I had exact same problem. Imho the setup procedure is flawed. The phone should set up a WiFi connection first. As I, like you, couldn't activate my mobile connection. Or, there should be a final question that says something like, congratulations on setup. We've noticed you have a previous profile stored in your account, would you like to install this?

But hey, what do we know?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    That is exactly what I thought. Just one of the many little flaws I'm sure will get worked out over time, but annoying.

Now how do I erase all data off my old one before sending it back? From what I understand a hard reset wont erase data?

A hard reset erases everything. Just do the reset like I mentioned before and you'll be good.