I was using my 920 to record footage of my favorite band last week and right as they were halfway through the last song my battery died! After charging the phone I checked to see if by chance the video would show up and unfortunately it didn't! So I hooked up my phone to my computer and via file explorer I was able to find the 7 gig file (1080p for 50+min nonstop)! So now I'm hoping that there is a way to get this video to work??? I tried to copy it over to my computer, but for whatever reason only 3gigs of it copies over and it wont play in wmp...

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Sounds like a corrupt file but maybe try opening it in VLC?

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrf430 View Post
    I was using my 920 to record footage of my favorite band last week and right as they were halfway through the last song my battery died! After charging the phone I checked to see if by chance the video would show up and unfortunately it didn't! So I hooked up my phone to my computer and via file explorer I was able to find the 7 gig file (1080p for 50+min nonstop)! So now I'm hoping that there is a way to get this video to work??? I tried to copy it over to my computer, but for whatever reason only 3gigs of it copies over and it wont play in wmp...
    Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
    Skydrive? Maybe try and rename the file .wmv

No luck with VLC, tried renaming with multiple file types, none of which work, and its not on skydrive...
    Last edited by mrf430; 12-07-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Try a file splitter and spit into 3 parts. FFSJ program or HJSplit

Favorite Apps
    : Windows Phone News, WPCentral, TV Series, myTube, Metrotube, wpTorrent, Yxplayer WP8, Moliplayer Pro, Package Tracker, NZBConnect, Media Browser, Audiotica 4, MP3 finder, User Agent Switcher (use iPad as agent), UC Browser, GetThemAll, Amazing Music, Music+, MetroRadio, FlashVideo, Navigon, WebApps, Note It

Quote Originally Posted by monlosez3 View Post
    Try a file splitter and spit into 3 parts. FFSJ program or HJSplit
    I downloaded FFSJ and I split it into 3 parts, it still doesn't play, was there something else that I was supposed to do?

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrf430 View Post
    I downloaded FFSJ and I split it into 3 parts, it still doesn't play, was there something else that I was supposed to do?
    Take out your micro SD, and enclose it to your PC, convert it with Handbrake to .mpg4.... D&D it to your phone without converting. We can't lose this live gig!
    Hope some other "G" people can chime in and help save the mans live Precious..

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfercom View Post
    Take out your micro SD, and enclose it to your PC, convert it with Handbrake to .mpg4.... D&D it to your phone without converting. We can't lose this live gig!
    Hope some other "G" people can chime in and help save the mans live Precious..
    Maybe I'm misreading what you said buuuuuuuut the 920 doesn't use any sort of memory card storage. It's all on board.

My apologies if you were saying something else. :)

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower203 View Post
    Maybe I'm misreading what you said buuuuuuuut the 920 doesn't use any sort of memory card storage. It's all on board.

My apologies if you were saying something else. :)

I was just about to say the same thing..

Ive got to get this video to work, it would really highlight the phones capabilities! Plus it was a Finnish band, just goes hand in hand with the Nokia, :/

I believe this is a glitch in the phone, i have read other reports from people on these forums about only being able to copy 3GB files over and they dont work. Does it work on the phone itself? I believe it has something to do with the transfering of the file from the device, maybe those files sized arent supported? i dont know. Hopefully it will be fixed with an update