Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

What is your experience? I was on wifi and watched Netflix for about ~23 minutes. I noticed battery life went from 100% -> 94% for me

That sounds about right?

That is not bad, I don't think it can get any better
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,472 Global Posts
    To say that would probably kill about 15% of my HTC TITAN battery, I'd say that's pretty darn good... I tether all the time, so trust me, I'm used to crappy battery life.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

That's perfectly normal, 6% is actually not bad at all, did you use the speaker or the headphone?

I expect a phone to be at around 50% after having watched about 5-6 hours of ondevice video, 6% for half an hour on streaming video isnt bad at all, its about what Id expect from the 920.

I was on headphones.. thanks for the replies..

are you all crazy saying this is normal? If this is normal, is what, the lumia 920 can watch stream video for about 6 hours before it runs out? How is that even near normal??? I never tried, but i bet mine will die watching wifi stream stuff for 4 hours tops.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Sounds normal to me. Video and browsing tend to take a toll on the battery, twenty minutes of browsing usually drains my battery by 8-10% your battery is fine :)

Anyone confirm this? If this is truly normal I need an exchange like yesterday
    philxor likes this.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    My varies, I watched a 2hr movie on WiFi and my phone drained out about 15% other times I had a movie going for an hour or so and it drained close to 30%. Then in zombie mode at 0% I was able to Netflix stream over an hour . This phone is weird. My 3rd replacement is on its way. I will say that after a full discharge the battery is great but between full discharges the performance drops off

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shergillwp8 View Post
    What is your experience? I was on wifi and watched Netflix for about ~23 minutes. I noticed battery life went from 100% -> 94% for me
    was this on 4g? lte? wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by ynight View Post
    Anyone confirm this? If this is truly normal I need an exchange like yesterday
    Headphones, screen brightness and other things like apps running in the background will make a difference, so it varies

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Timely post. Was wondering if my L920 battery is normal too. New stock, 1 week old.
    It has been 9 hours since I last charged it this morning, and the battery info says I still have 94%?!
    I remember going through almost a full day, and the battery info said it was still at 100%. That could not be real.
    I'm always on LTE, 4G, WIFI-on, and auto brightness. Normal usage.
    Not complaining about great battery life, but just a bit strange coming from an Android phone that drains battery like a faucet.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrider1 View Post
    Headphones, screen brightness and other things like apps running in the background will make a difference, so it varies
    I tested mine, watched youtube through IE for 19 minutes, down by 6% as well. The battary is better than I'd expect. Or maybe I have bad expectation because I judged based on the experience i got from web browsing
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I'd probably use closer to 10%, but I use the speaker turned up to 25/30 rather than the headphones. But yeah, to answer your question that sounds normal to me.

Global Posts
    1,418 Global Posts
    Isn't the phone advertised with like 3 or 4 hour video playback? 22 min is not normal. If it is, somebody lied.

Here you go.

edit: playback is not same as streaming...

I've watched shows on crunchyroll, on average I think 8/15% seems my average per every 30 minutes.

Global Posts
    579 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ynight View Post
    are you all crazy saying this is normal? If this is normal, is what, the lumia 920 can watch stream video for about 6 hours before it runs out? How is that even near normal??? I never tried, but i bet mine will die watching wifi stream stuff for 4 hours tops.
    What did you expect? A full day of streaming? Watch time depends on a lot of things. Headphones, screen brightness, whether you are on wifi on data, sound level, background apps, screen size, quality of stream. Losing 6% in 20 min is normal for a smartphone.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    What did you expect? A full day of streaming? Watch time depends on a lot of things. Headphones, screen brightness, whether you are on wifi on data, sound level, background apps, screen size, quality of stream. Losing 6% in 20 min is normal for a smartphone.
    i think ynight might have misread the op's post. maybe he thought the battery went from 100-6% after watching a 22 min clip.
    losing 6% (going from 100-94%) of battery after streaming a 22 min clip sounds reasonable to me.
    Lumia 920

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I just watched a full length movie 1:52:44 streaming over Netflix. The phone was running on LTE not WiFi and I also had my Bluetooth headphones connected. I figured this set up would drain the most battery possible. Here are my results:
    wp_ss_20121206_0001.pngwp_ss_20121206_0002.png

From past phone experience that is amazing considering everything going on....

Quote Originally Posted by JConn_Lefty View Post
    i think ynight might have misread the op's post. maybe he thought the battery went from 100-6% after watching a 22 min clip.
    losing 6% (going from 100-94%) of battery after streaming a 22 min clip sounds reasonable to me.
    Actually you two misread mine post. I thought 22m only cost 6% is insanely good and wouldnt expect that myself. I mean if it can stream video for 3-4 hours nonstop i would be impressed already. The op's figure gives about 6 hours on video playback and i just dont think mine can do that...

Sounds like 6 hours of video, reasonable.

Very impressive.

I'd hate to rain on the battery performance but I think 100% on this phone is more like 110%. I'd like to see how it does starting from 90%.

Even still, that's good battery performance.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast