12-06-2012, 01:36 PM #1
- 20 Posts
Can the phone be turned off while charging? If I turn off the phone first, then plug it to charge, of course the phone will turn on.
But if I charge first, then turn it off, the phone will shut off for a few seconds, then it comes back on again. Anyway around this?
1. I am looking to put the battery percentage (%) at the top. Is this possible?
2. When you hold and press on the "back" arrow, it takes you to a page where you see multiple tabs. What is this for? I thought it is to close various apps but you can't really do that.
- 12-06-2012, 02:12 PM #2
You can't turn off the phone while charging. I noticed you have prior posts about the charging speed. If you are looking to charge it faster, you may want to try turning on battery saver mode which will turn off certain background tasks, like email checking.
There is no way to show battery % at the top currently. There are live tile apps.
When you long press the back arrow key, it will show you the list of active apps that you can switch to (WP8's form of multitasking). The back arrow key when short pressed it used to close apps. If you want to close an app, long press the back arrow, select the app, then short press the back arrow until the app closes.
12-06-2012, 02:24 PM #4
- 507 Posts
Just a clarification - apps aren't 'active' when you aren't using them (a part from music apps I believe). They get put into a state of 'hibernation,' but they aren't running in the background as if you had them open and we're using them.Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
God's work, our hands.
Preaching the Gospel.
Holding a Windows Phone.
- By Pedro Hicken in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 16Last Post: 12-14-2012, 09:59 PM
- By wkesi2 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 2Last Post: 08-25-2012, 06:00 AM
- By markgrif in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 19Last Post: 04-06-2012, 06:09 PM
- By Bear lx in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 01-23-2012, 03:59 PM
- By lrdiaz in forum HTC RadarReplies: 2Last Post: 11-06-2011, 10:08 PM