Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I have a pair of Aerial7 Choppers (these: http://i50.tinypic.com/b3qstf.jpg) and they are awesome because of the amount of cushioning they provide. However, I've had them for three years and they're beginning to fall apart, not to mention that the call handling doesn't work very well with the 920.

I had my eye on the Nokia Purity wired on-ears for a while because it would be sweet to have a set that matches my phone, but they look like they'd slip off of my head pretty easily. I also have not been able to find a pair to try out in person yet.
    Anyone have a pair? How's the sound? Are they comfortable?

If not, what kind of headphones do you have?

Ear buds for me. Can't mess my hair! hehehe. I love my Urbanears. In-line mic and mute/pause button. Great deep sound and I don't look like a doofus who escaped from a recording studio.
    kebnt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaMan View Post
    Ear buds for me. Can't mess my hair! hehehe. I love my Urbanears. In-line mic and mute/pause button. Great deep sound and I don't look like a doofus who escaped from a recording studio.
    ^ I can only use ear buds too for the same reason - the hair =p Plus, I have never liked the look of the ones that go over the head, just too bulky and not comfortable to me.

Oh, I've been using the purity in-ear ones. It took awhile to get the right fit though, I had to use the second smallest inserts because everything else kept slipping out of my ear but these are pretty stable.

I'd been using etymotics hf5 with the inline mic when I had my iphone, but now that I have upgraded im wondering if there are any high quality in-ear options with an inline mic that work with wp8? if I cant find any, i will likely just pick up a pair of klipsch x10's

My problem is that every in-ear headset I've tried always ends up giving me a headache within maybe fifteen minutes of wear, or they fall out. I will probably end up purchasing another pair of Aerial7s because the sound and fit is pretty incredible for the price, even though a lot of their designs are obnoxious... I'm beginning to think that I am just far too picky. But I'll be keeping an eye out for any future opinions here or in other threads!

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Honestly if in ear headphones are giving you a headache, they're not inserted properly and/or using the wrong tip. My suggestion would be to get memory foam "comply" type tips, and not jam them into your ears as far as they can go. Lightly insert them, and put the wires up and over your ears, hanging down the back, so they don't fall out as easy. I'd start with JVC marshmallows, as they're cheap, come with the foam tips, and you can colormatch to your phone. They don't have a built in mic, but it's good to see if you can get used to them without paying a ton. I'd also look into Meelectronics M6, which you can get with or without a mic for about $20, and they're a great sounding budget pair. There are a few other under $20 suggestions I could give, if you're interested.

good balance between price and sound.. nothing spectacular if you a "true" audiophile.. but I think they are more than enough for most people.

Amazon.com: JVC HAFX1X Headphone Xtreme-Xplosivs: Electronics

Price isn't too important as long as it's not $400 for a pair of in-ears, haha. I've tried what you are saying in the past, but I think that maybe my ears just do not want to cooperate. Had a pair of marshmallows a year ago but they would constantly fall out. Always open to suggestions.

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts
    I had a pair of the purity on-ear that you are talking about. They didn't sound that great, and your suspicion is correct: they are a bit slippery on the head. I assume it's because they are on-ear, and not over-ear. It looks like your Aerial7 Choppers are over-ear.

If I was you, I would order a set of purity in-ears and see if you can handle them. I know some people can't. They do have different sized tips included. They sound quite good, and the controller (pause/play/next/previous/volume) works perfectly. If you don't like them, return them.

Another, more expensive, option is the upcoming purity on-ear bluetooth model. They come in colors to match the 920, and can be used with bluetooth or with a cable. I haven't seen a confirmed price, but my guess would be in the $299-350 range.

Personally, I am using the dr dre beats over-ear at the moment. They actually sound great now that I've tweaked the sound with the 920's equalizer. I kept the cable from my purity in-ear so I can switch tracks and control volume. Really nice combo.

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    Bose MIE2 - work great with the Lumia. Just make sure you get the MIE2 and not the MIE2i - the latter only work on Apple devices
    Quote Originally Posted by zipro View Post
    Bose MIE2 - work great with the Lumia. Just make sure you get the MIE2 and not the MIE2i - the latter only work on Apple devices
    i ordered the MIE2, looks great, how it working out so far for you?

Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    i ordered the MIE2, looks great, how it working out so far for you?
    I have had them for about a week. Work great, fantastic sound, don't fall out, comfortable. The only complaint (for the price) - no noise reduction.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Krystea, I used vinyl/silicone "guides" that basically loop over the cords and hold them over your ear. This is a good example, mine came free with the IEMs I ordered: Audéo - Perfect Fit Earphones

That being said, if even the foam tips fell out of your ears, it might be that you just have tiny ear canals *shrug*

I had these about a year ago. Had great range for Bluetooth, looked good, and fit great on my melon. Loved them until I simply got sweat on them after a long hot day and a run. I spend around $40 on them and wax so depressed when they died. I got me some JayBird's now and they work great. I even forgot they were in my pocket of my pants, washed them with my clothes, and they still worked! They don't have great range though as the Nokia's I could walk around whole room and not lose connection. Jaybird's are only about 15 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by krystea View Post
    Price isn't too important as long as it's not $400 for a pair of in-ears, haha. I've tried what you are saying in the past, but I think that maybe my ears just do not want to cooperate. Had a pair of marshmallows a year ago but they would constantly fall out. Always open to suggestions.
    Westone 2

Amazon.com: VSonic GR07 MK2 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbuds IEM new model with multiple ear tips and Innovic Shell Case: Electronics

Amazon.com: Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones: Electronics

I am just not sure if the 920 is a good enough source for you to take full advantage of what those offer in terms of sound.. especially the gr07 .. at 50Ω you might need an amp.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothDog View Post
    I had these about a year ago. Had great range for Bluetooth, looked good, and fit great on my melon. Loved them until I simply got sweat on them after a long hot day and a run. I spend around $40 on them and wax so depressed when they died. I got me some JayBird's now and they work great. I even forgot they were in my pocket of my pants, washed them with my clothes, and they still worked! They don't have great range though as the Nokia's I could walk around whole room and not lose connection. Jaybird's are only about 15 feet.
    are you speaking of the nokia bh505? if so, this is no good. my plan was to use the bh505 for my jog and i do sweat like a pig. sweat-proof is very important.

You want good headphones? check out Shure, the best
    I'm currently trying to decide between VSonic GR06, Shure SE215 or PFE012's. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Muessig View Post
    I'm currently trying to decide between VSonic GR06, Shure SE215 or PFE012's. Any help?
    Shure SE215

so why does the purity costs so much? I also have a pair and it seems to be just ok, not on par with the price tag

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I just got the Jaybird Bluebuds X, so far they are the best Bluetooth ear buds/head set I have ever had. I got this primarily to work out with. They have excellent sound quality and the battery lasts 8 hours. The best part is with the ear fins they stay in my ears while I'm running or head banging or what ever that Gangnam style dance is called LOL. Are they worth $165.00 to me yes, so long as they don't short out from me sweating. So far this is the best solution I've found for working out by far, I hate wires!!!

I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm looking for a new pair of headphones as well. My 4yr old Seinheisers are starting to show signs of wear and will need replaced soon. I've been looking at the Westone 4r, Shure SE535, Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro, etc. I love listening to music. Most of the time I'm using my Zune device but now I'll be using them with my 920. If they can also be used for practicing my guitar that'd be a bonus as well. I just don't like that I can't easily try them out before I buy.

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts
    The op was saying she didn't want in-ear headphones and so far everyone has suggested in-ear headphones...

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    i personally use skullcandy full metal jackets, the best earbuds i can find for under $50, i got mine on amazon for $25, but they retail for $69, the lows, mids and highs are superb, and quality is SUPERB, i can guarantee that people will tell me they are crap because they are skullcandy, but they sound better than my cousins earphones, who has over ear beats monitors and beats in ear headphones, these sound better than both, and are comparable to my best friends bose Quietcomfort headphones.

if you're not short on cash, id suggest some bose AE2i headphones, im asking for those for Christmas
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast