Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I really love my L920, but the non removable battery is really bothering me. Seeing as I want to keep this phone for the next two to three years, how long would this battery last? Can I have Nokia replace the battery if the need arises?

Quote Originally Posted by halimaw96 View Post
    I really love my L920, but the non removable battery is really bothering me. Seeing as I want to keep this phone for the next two to three years, how long would this battery last? Can I have Nokia replace the battery if the need arises?
    I've never owned a phone that had a battery unusable after 2 years.

If you want to go to a 820, then go to an 820. There is such an abundance of posts on this forum now about whether or not people should switch to another phone. Honestly, it's your decision, not ours.

The 920 battery will be easily replaced by the average owner when it becomes necessary, no doubt someone will post step by step instructions eventually.

My Dell Venue Pro just went to my wife, and even after 2 years, I can get all-day life on the 1400 mA battery. But like they said, someone will do a teardown and we'll see how easy it is to service.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    I've never owned a phone that had a battery unusable after 2 years.
    You've never owned the Samsung Focus, then. Or maybe it was just my Focus, but the battery started degrading at around the 16-month mark.

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    An entire cottage industry has sprung up around replacing the batteries in iPhones, so I'm sure it won't be an issue to replace batteries in the 920 when the time comes. Don't make that your reason for switching to the 820. :)

My iPhone 3GS battery is still okay after 3.5 years

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Whew, that sure relaxes me. I remember when there was a flood of news posts about the rise of non removable batteries and how everyone was bashing them. But after hearing these reports I'm a little calmed, so I guess I'll be keeping the 920 :) sorry to bother folks

Personally I've never had the battery on a phone break in 2 years before something else broke first that required replacement/repair of phone.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    You don't have anything to worry about. Even after 2 years, most phone batteries still have about 80-85% of their original capacity.

My iPhone 4's battery is great after 21 months

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    The technology surrounding these batteries has come a long way, so I wouldn't worry about it. You'll probably fall in love with a newer phone before having any battery issues.