- 12-05-2012, 01:27 PM #1
Just wondering, does anyone else have problems with their 920 constantly hanging up on them during phone calls? I'm assuming this is a screen sensitivity problem, as in having the side of your face/cheek touching the screen as it also sometimes switches over to speakerphone, so I'm guessing my face touched the screen buttons. I've been making a concerted effort NOT to touch the screen with my face, yet keep getting hang ups....today in particular, has been a bad hang up day. Is this common?
12-05-2012, 01:55 PM #3
- 2,587 Posts
Do you have a screen protector on your phone? If you do, it might be interfering the the proximity sensor.Talk to me about Windows Phone, Windows 8, XBOX, art, animation, design, or anything! Be sure to follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook (say you're from here or I may not accept)
- 03-07-2013, 11:48 AM #6
I'm reviving this thread as I'm encountering the same problem again.....the first time I posted this issue, I had a bad phone and swapped it for a new one. Now, months later, the new phone is having the same issue, constantly hanging up on me (or hitting the speaker or call hold button) while I hold the phone to my face during a call. A couple things;
1. There is no screen protector
2. I notice the face of the phone is constantly lit up while I'm talking....it never goes dark.
3. I have adjusted the sensitivity of the screen to normal since I got the phone replacement back in December. It was working fine until the last few weeks. Now my frustration level has gotten to the point where it's nearly taken a flight across the room I'm so f#@*king mad at the thing.
Hopefully one of you have a potential solution. Thanks in advance, for any and all replies.
03-07-2013, 11:56 AM #7
- 129 Posts
Possibly ur proximity sensor got dirty... try to clean it with blowing compressed air into the earpiece, I think the best place in on a gas station where u blow ur tyres.ex iPhone3G and iPhone4 user
Now a proud Nokia Lumia920 user
Ceterum censeo, Androidam delendam esse!
- By WinampLlama in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 02-14-2013, 01:40 PM
- By dacarter77 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 8Last Post: 11-27-2012, 04:24 PM
- By EhiBaye in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 15Last Post: 11-19-2012, 04:59 AM
- By Xplode22 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 09-25-2012, 01:06 AM
- By VividBlue in forum HTC TITANReplies: 12Last Post: 04-20-2012, 10:50 PM