Not in Market Place!

Any ideas???

Thanks...

Global Posts
    2,833 Global Posts

It has still not been published waiting 5 days already...

Yeah!! Annoying! I reset and then they removed it from the store!

@ttsolder - It's not available through that route either, thanks anyway.

Any info when it will be available again? I really really need this app... nice surprise when Nokia+MS got me to switch and I'm not able to use the app I need the most... Time to switch back?

yea its been missing from the app store for 4-5days now.

Yes it has but when will it come back?

Quote Originally Posted by androidtoWM View Post
    Even if it is 60 times faster than anything on this planet - it isn't here. On WP8 we probably have less than 100,000 apps as many would have disappeared but we only notice the ones we regularly use.

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlop View Post
    Yes it has but when will it come back?
    Unless the developer is a member of this forum, no one here is going to be able to answer that. It will come back when it's ready for use on WP8.
    Whatsapp communication team is appalling even on their own websites, forget about them being on any other forums. In that respect Viber team is pretty active on many WP forums and they do reply, even if it is only copy+paste responses all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    Unless the developer is a member of this forum, no one here is going to be able to answer that. It will come back when it's ready for use on WP8.
    Well somebody might know something. Doesn't hurt to ask :) Would be nice if they told something about the schedule...

This was posted on another forum. I am pretty sure there was a WPCentral article on it too:

Windows Phone 8 version of WhatsApp to be 6 times faster | WMPoweruser
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish54 View Post
    This was posted on another forum. I am pretty sure there was a WPCentral article on it too:

Windows Phone 8 version of WhatsApp to be 6 times faster | WMPoweruser
    Nah folks at WPC don't like Whatsapp. Any positive news might not come out so quick ;)
    They are a big Kik fans.

saw this on MS forums (posted by Joseph LeoNdlovu)

"This is response I got from Nokia with regard to Whatsapp, I hope it helps
    "Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

In response to your concern, kindly note that The WhatsApp Messenger application for WP8 phones is being updated to a newer version and it will be available in the Microsoft Store by the end of this week so its better to wait for it as the application that you have download from Windows Phone (United States) is not compatible with Lumia 920
    ""

whatsapp coming back soon... at least so it looks like - Microsoft Community
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    I've waiting for this!!! Good news!

Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by androidtoWM View Post
    saw this on MS forums (posted by Joseph LeoNdlovu)

"This is response I got from Nokia with regard to Whatsapp, I hope it helps
    "Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

In response to your concern, kindly note that The WhatsApp Messenger application for WP8 phones is being updated to a newer version and it will be available in the Microsoft Store by the end of this week so its better to wait for it as the application that you have download from Windows Phone (United States) is not compatible with Lumia 920
    ""

whatsapp coming back soon... at least so it looks like - Microsoft Community
    The grammar and stuff doesn't look very professional. I'll believe it when I see it. But thanks for posting anyway.

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Nah folks at WPC don't like Whatsapp. Any positive news might not come out so quick ;)
    They are a big Kik fans.
    Well, to be fair. It's only Daniel Rubino who says that Whatsapp is a piece of crap on all platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium View Post
    Well, to be fair. It's only Daniel Rubino who says that Whatsapp is a piece of crap on all platforms.
    That is because its laggy and has a huge amount of bugs, a buttload of server side problems that they never fix. Yet still has the most users because it was one of the first apps to do the whole text over wifi and data. If you have ever read his responses on it he is right on the money about all the problems.

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gken View Post
    That is because its laggy and has a huge amount of bugs, a buttload of server side problems that they never fix. Yet still has the most users because it was one of the first apps to do the whole text over wifi and data. If you have ever read his responses on it he is right on the money about all the problems.
    Oh I agree, he's absolutely right. Whatsapp is a massive pile of crap on every platform. I only use Whatsapp because it has a massive userbase and the only SMS alternative that people I know on iPhone and Android will use.

I almost hope Facebook will buy it so everybody will jump away from it and use something else.

I do think they have to bring whatsapp back SOON, it's really hard for transitional users not to complain about the lack of classic apps. So even though I don't use whatsapp much (or at all), I think MS and Whatsapp should solve whatever the problem is and release the app already.

Personally I think Line and WeChat are much better apps than whatsapp, at least for WP users

There is an update on the new whatsapp update! There's been some miscommunication! See this post:
    Windows Phone Whatsapp NOT to be 6 times faster in next update!
    Last edited by Ankmeyester; 12-11-2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: being more specific

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankmeyester View Post
    There is an update on the new whatsapp update! There's been some miscommunication! See this post:
    Windows Phone Whatsapp NOT to be 6 times faster in next update!
    I'm not sure why people care that Whatsapp can be made "faster". The real issues are the stability of the app, the battery drain, and the server-side connections not being very reliable.

Oh boy, glad I got it right away on my phone before they pulled it. At least I can use it