12-04-2012, 11:10 PM #1
- 25 Posts
Today I connected to a wireless access point at a university like always to with my MacBook air (running Windows 8). Anyway I connected okay but the connection was so slow that it was not usable even though it showed 5 bars. After spending over an hour connecting and reconnecting I was about to give up. Even trying to tether my phone to my mobile connection didn't work.
In a moment of inspiration I put my new Nokia 920 into flight mode and connected again. This time the internet on the MacBook air worked beautifully. After that I turned off flight mode on the 920 and the internet continued to work okay.
I am not sure why this happened and I hope that I don't have to put my phone into flight mode each time I want to connect to the internet on the MacBook air.
- By calfee20 in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 13Last Post: 04-07-2013, 09:23 PM
- By smartvoyager in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 12-09-2012, 09:52 PM
- By whatup12 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 11-03-2012, 07:18 AM
- By AngryDev in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 4Last Post: 10-05-2012, 12:36 PM
- By geekmaster in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 9Last Post: 09-19-2012, 03:32 PM