Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    Banned

I have been contacted via PM from several people wanting me to help. I will tell you this...I have an ATT account, and I live in the U.S. I doubt that ATT will be willing to help ANYONE who does NOT have an account, or lives in a foreign country.

Hi YeahMon360
    Did you buy the off-contract phone or bought the contract phone then paid the charges to unlock it?
    I am in USA and got in touch with att one month ago but they reverted me to Nokia.I have off-contract Lumia 920 and trying to unlock it.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

I bought the phone off-contract from an ATT store. It didn't cost me anything to unlock it. All I did was email the CEO of ATT and explain to him that I paid cash for the device outright, and had received the runaround about unlocking it from ATT. Since I paid outright for it, I wanted it unlocked so I could travel with it. A week later, someone contacted me with the unlock code. They were very nice about it, and never put up any resistance. I am a longtime customer in good standing, and I had to provide my name and account number to them.

Quote Originally Posted by YeahMon360 View Post
    I bought the phone off-contract from an ATT store. It didn't cost me anything to unlock it. All I did was email the CEO of ATT and explain to him that I paid cash for the device outright, and had received the runaround about unlocking it from ATT. Since I paid outright for it, I wanted it unlocked so I could travel with it. A week later, someone contacted me with the unlock code. They were very nice about it, and never put up any resistance. I am a longtime customer in good standing, and I had to provide my name and account number to them.
    \m/ dts awesome! did u sell the phone too?
    the next thing you have to post is the email id of the ATT CEO ! :P
    Banned

I sold the phone

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahMon360 View Post
    Thats really nice of you to share this infomation, Thanks alot.
    But i think it might not work for the prepaid customers like me.
    Banned

I agree. That's why I stated that I didn't think they would help anyone but a paying customer who paid cash for the device.

yeah, we have the same story. i called AT&T's servicer, they also told me i have to wait until May of 9. what we can do ???just wait for a about four months to unlock the phone . that's really a awful thing.

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    There are few people on ebay who are claiming unlock in 3 days, I am currently speaking to them will keep posted.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I'm waiting. I don't trust any of the unlock sites because none have been proven. Using straight talk. It works fine plus I have my number suspended on T-Mobile. I have a good deal with them. Been a customer for a while with no problems. I can wait until AT&T decides to hand out
    the unlock codes. I checked in to see if anyone had some news about getting the code. I suggest those who are state side wait and not throw your time and money at these unlock sites.

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Unlocking has become illegal for new cell phone bought from tomorrow onwards.

That sucks. This new law is such BS its not even funny. Someone might get on your *** for trying to unlock your brand new phone....but no one will question the carriers when you purchase a device(L920) full retail and try to get an unlock code and carrier says "its exclusive, u gotta wait 6months"

Sounds like this law is designed to be a one way street.

I wonder if we can get mods to post this on the headlines for those who want to participate in trying to make a change. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...legal/1g9KhZG7

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Wow, I wonder if Nokia even imagined that the amount of business they will loose by making this exclusive to AT&T, and, making unlocking impossible. If any of you guys come across anyone anywhere regading unlocking not being an AT&T customer do lt us know.
    what is the new law?? Do you have link to this new law?
    For those looking for a white unlocked At&t phone? I have an auction going on ebay. I bought two phones from at&t on accident and my request to them was to unlock one so I am selling it to get my money back since they will not take it back.

Nokia Lumia 920 32GB White at T Smartphone Unlocked | eBay

Let me know if you have questions. It's a white Unlocked At&t lumia 920. RM820 (North America). I have not tried it on TMobile or anything else yet but it's unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanyi Okpareke View Post
    what is the new law?? Do you have link to this new law?
    For those looking for a white unlocked At&t phone? I have an auction going on ebay.
    Let me know if you have questions. It's a white Unlocked At&t lumia 920. RM820 (North America). I have not tried it on TMobile or anything else yet but it's unlocked.
    Nice price ;-). It's less to get a Rogers version unlocked from Canada, which is confirmed to have the 1700 band.
    It would be great if you could plug in a T-Mob card and see if you get the 1700 band on it.
    Yea I'll a Tmobile Sim today or tomorrow. But Rogers does not have White :) And Does not have the Free wireless charging plate which is a $50 value. Oh well sorry moderators. If you have questions / suggestions for me message me on ebay. I paid close to that total of $750 to get the phone in the first place.
    Banned

It's only illegal to unlock a device that you still owe on contract. If you buy the device outright, it is perfectly legal to still unlock it.

For those of you who have ATT and wish to unlock your device, here is the contact information I used. This is the CEO of ATT Mobile. Ralph.delaVega@att.com

If you live outside the US, and/or do not use ATT as your service provider, and DID NOT pay for the device in full, I wouldn't even bother trying to contact ATT. They WILL NOT help you.

I sold my unlocked 920 on eBay for $500 USD, including wireless charging pad.

Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Unlocking has become illegal for new cell phone bought from tomorrow onwards.
    No it hasn't. It's become illegal to unlock phones under contract with a carrier, not if you bought the device outright. Might want to read more closely next time. The only person who can unlock a phone under contract is the carrier you bought the subsidize phone from. I seriously doubt they'll go after anyone. Shame that the carriers are so blatantly obvious about paying to get laws written in their favor. For them anyway, anyone with enough brain cells to generate body heat can see exactly who and why this law was written by/for.

Heh guys. Here's my story.
    Bought my phone from AT&T store in FL for $450.00. I don't live in the states. (Bahamas, twice the price here). Tried to get it unlocked throught some cell phone shops here, but always came n=back rejected. Called up AT&T customer service and they said my phone is available for unlock sometime between July & December. What a joke. Can anyone help??

Has anybody tried Gsmfast.net or another website? To unlock this phone. Is anybody on this forum that can vouch for any if these websites? There's gotta be somebody.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    YehMon 360 I am grateful to you for posting the email address of AT&T CEO, and, I just wrote to him. I hope that I get a response from his side in a positive note :)

Just called at&t again and they said sometime in May it is available for unlock.

Let us know how you get on with the CEO.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Sorry Guys, they refused to unlock the unit, as they are in a exclusivity contract with NOKIA, The phone will get unlocked in May :(

i like it
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast