Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree57Likes

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen_az View Post
    The unwillingness more and more people have to take personal responsibility continues to astound me. I believe you made yourself late for work by poor planning (relying upon a wireless device sitting on a wireless charger). This is the equivalent of saying your car made you late because it ran out of gas. Of course if it makes you feel better blame the phone. Use that excuse very often though and you can also blame the phone for being unemployed.
    Thank you Mr. Perfect! Poor planning huh? I've been using this phone without ANY issues with the alarm since I first got it. I had also been using the wireless charger throughout the day with no issues. So I felt pretty confident when I went to bed. This was not a post to get sympathy from anyone because I was late for work. I'm a grown man and can handle my own problems. The fact of the matter is, this new device FAILED in the middle of the night which caused to me to oversleep. There are tons of posts here about users having their 920's restarting, freezing, etc, but I never really saw any where it caused them to miss something important. For the most part if your 920 freezes, or restarts its not going to affect you if you were just sitting around messing with your phone. You can just do the soft-reset or whatever and your good to go! My situation was a little different because the incident happened in the middle of night while I was sleeping. So of course I'm going to blame the phone. Since this incident happened, I no longer leave it on the charging plate overnight. Problem solved! Alarm works great! So, instead of getting on your soap box and start lecturing folks, how about you read the thread and contribute something.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I would like to add one more weird thing that happened this morning before I left for work. I had the phone on the charging plate to top it off before I left and the notification sounds kept going off and on by themselves. It was like I was lifting it off the plate and putting it back down over and over. The phone was just sitting there like it was possessed. Thats the only way I can explain it. Anyone else have this issue?? Oh, and just for the record, mine is a black 920.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omkneepotent View Post
    have you been experiencing any other power shut downs? this issue seems to be OS wide as 8x reports are coming the same way. This cant just be a Nokia thing. I havent used an analog clock in a loong looong time since my first cell phone that had an alarm clock. the random reboots are one thing but full on power off and nothing after that. Big issue.
    I had the phone shut down completely one other time before I even had the charging plate. It was in the first few days of ownership. It would not power back on unless I held down the volume and power button. The phone was just sitting on my bedside table, not charging. It had plenty of battery remaining and just died.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, I've been using my alarm on the charging plate for quite a while and have never had a problem with it freezing or being possessed. It could be you either have a bad phone and/or wireless charger. I even have a Zagg Invisible Shield on the back part of my phone, and still no issues. Maybe you can exchange the charger and rule that out?? I just hope that now I haven't jinxed myself.
    Thanked by:
    philharmonik likes this.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloXCRacer View Post
    For what it's worth, I've been using my alarm on the charging plate for quite a while and have never had a problem with it freezing or being possessed. It could be you either have a bad phone and/or wireless charger. I even have a Zagg Invisible Shield on the back part of my phone, and still no issues. Maybe you can exchange the charger and rule that out?? I just hope that now I haven't jinxed myself.
    Yeah, thats what I'm thinking. Just trying to decide if want to go through all the customer service crap, or just wait it out and see if its something an update can fix.

yep - me too - this morning :-) .
    My 920 also "died" during the night. I've just done a "reset" to wake it up.
    There is still plenty of juice on the battery - so its not a battery issue. And It wasn't in the charger - so its not a charger issue.

this happened to me as well. the phone is fully charged but the alarm never went off. the only time this phone has let me down :(

the alarm worked yesterday and on Sunday so not sure what made the sudden difference.

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts
    i have 3 alarms and i leave my 920 on the wireless charging stand by my bed every night and it always goes off without a hitch (btw i have 3 alarms because im lazy :P) but seriously though no problems here.

Quote Originally Posted by WinFan1 View Post
    i have 3 alarms and i leave my 920 on the wireless charging stand by my bed every night and it always goes off without a hitch (btw i have 3 alarms because im lazy :P) but seriously though no problems here.
    i never had any problems with the alarm until today...just weird. i was not using the wireless charger (plugged in to the regular wall charger) and it was fully charged. the only thing i could think of is that it auto-restarted right at that time.

I have the same issue. But the past two nights my phone charged very well with my Qi. So are there any solutions?
    We are already talking about the issue here: Lumia 920 bricked after wireless charging

Is the alarm bug fix in the Portico update?

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfautch View Post
    Is the alarm bug fix in the Portico update?
    I'm going to try it out this weekend since I won't be going to work. I'll let you know.

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by SoloXCRacer View Post
    I too was 15 minutes late for work today. Only because when I got to the parking lot at work, November Rain by Guns 'N Roses started playing on the radio and I had to listen to the whole song. On the bright side, the alarm on my Lumia 920 went off just as expected.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123