Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

It now says "Stock delayed - now expect to dispatch orders on Friday 07 December" on Buy Nokia Lumia 920 | Nokia Lumia Smartphones | Nokia Lumia 920 Accessories
    Iv'e just received an email regarding the delay .... Nokia still expects stock to be delivered this week, but it will arrive here on Friday 07 December (instead of Wednesday 05 December as originally anticipated). If that situation changes we will of course inform you. We trust you understand that the release date of stock by Nokia is outside of our control and that we will dispatch your order promptly when stock arrives.

I had a feeling this was going to happen because on the Expansys website it estimates delivery in 4 days and I presume Clove will get stock the same day as Expansys.

Yeah, I just got that email too. I hope it doesn't get delayed again :-(

Global Posts
    2,549 Global Posts
    Nokia has some serious supply issues. This is no longer a talk about ramping up production, this is a debacle about someone has no CLUE about production or distribution. Time for some heads to roll.

Hm I just shipped mine to Clove to get a replacement white handset. I hope they can actually deliver it within an acceptable timeframe.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    Nokia has some serious supply issues. This is no longer a talk about ramping up production, this is a debacle about someone has no CLUE about production or distribution. Time for some heads to roll.
    It's not this.

"the Lumia 920 isn’t back-ordered and/or sold-out due to the phone’s popularity per se. Rather, this is a result of Nokia supplying a conservative amount of handsets for American buyers while prioritizing the European market before the rest of the world"

Online Retailers Stocking Up on Nokia Lumia 920 Supplies to Make Up for AT&T Shortage

Hm retailers in Norway say the US is getting all the stock, and thats why they have few.

Oh yippeeeee yet another delay :( not particularly amused but what can you do. I just hope Royal Mail deliver it Saturday...

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Supposedly Qualcomm got problems with S4 supplies.
    Component shortage behind limited Lumia 920 supplies? | nokiagadgets.com

Reason that could explain why it seems like Nokia is prioritizing Lumia 920 over Lumia 820 especially in Europe by not really even releasing Lumia 820 anywhere as both use the same SoC.

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    It's not this.

"the Lumia 920 isnt back-ordered and/or sold-out due to the phones popularity per se. Rather, this is a result of Nokia supplying a conservative amount of handsets for American buyers while prioritizing the European market before the rest of the world"

Online Retailers Stocking Up on Nokia Lumia 920 Supplies to Make Up for AT&T Shortage
    Clove is UK based. So we're indeed talking about EU here.