Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By technostein
  • 1 Post By n3rfh3rd3r

Is anyone else getting annoyed that the gap that separates the screen from the bezel is too wide and collects so much dust and crap? Because it really is driving me crazy
    Nokia 3310 > Motorola C975 >Motorola V3X>Nokia 5800>Samsung G600>Blackberry Curve 8900>HTC Wildfire>HTC HD2>Samsung Galaxy S I9000>Motorola Atrix>HTC Sensation>Samsung Galaxy S2>HTC one X>Blackberry Bold 9900>Samsung Galaxy S3>Xperia S>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Xperia U>Nexus 4>Lumia 920
    imZadok likes this.

Mm.. Over the speaker? Does your device creak a bit if you push the speaker/ around Sim-tray?

well all around the screen, but yes there is creaking in that area :/ is that normal or do I need to send it back ???
    Nokia 3310 > Motorola C975 >Motorola V3X>Nokia 5800>Samsung G600>Blackberry Curve 8900>HTC Wildfire>HTC HD2>Samsung Galaxy S I9000>Motorola Atrix>HTC Sensation>Samsung Galaxy S2>HTC one X>Blackberry Bold 9900>Samsung Galaxy S3>Xperia S>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Xperia U>Nexus 4>Lumia 920

Quote Originally Posted by technostein View Post
    Is anyone else getting annoyed that the gap that separates the screen from the bezel is too wide and collects so much dust and crap? Because it really is driving me crazy
    I have it too. My hope is that it will just eventually fill up enough so that no more dust and debris can get in there, and then over time, it gets dirty enough to turn black....

(almost entirely serious with my response also...I have dust getting in there and its a bother, but not enough for me to return it)

I just hope performance or the screen will not get effected. Will be keeping this phone until the flexible screen phones come in the last quarter of 2013.

I didn't notice that until now - thanks for that :)

I take it everyone else has a little creaking when you press down on the left side of the front speaker?
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Just take a can of air and spray out the dust. DO NOT SHAKE THE CAN

Typically I clean my phone once a week as it gives me time to visually inspect the device for hairline scratches and blemishes on the device. The phone is a grease and fingerprint magnet. Black almost takes the dirt and grease factor to whole other level because the contrast between clean and dirty spots pops more with a darker color. My cyan 900 doesn't have this problem.
    technostein likes this.

I have a black one so that explains it, I have some air duster but it sprays out a liquid so I dare not use it.

I had that too and also noticed the 920 on display at the ATT store did not have that gap. Got it replaced with a new phone that also didn't have the gap.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    No, I don't even know what you're talking about.

I take it everyone else has a little creaking when you press down on the left side of the front speaker?
    Nope. Then again I don't go around pressing every inch of the phone and examining it under a microsope looking for things to be upset about like an OCD person on crack. But I just pressed the left side of my front speaker and it didn't creak, for whatever its worth.

I'm going to get back to enjoying my phone now. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    No, I don't even know what you're talking about.

Nope. Then again I don't go around pressing every inch of the phone and examining it under a microsope looking for things to be upset about like an OCD person on crack. But I just pressed the left side of my front speaker and it didn't creak, for whatever its worth.

I'm going to get back to enjoying my phone now. Bye.
    If you think I am OCD, I really am not lol, I just want to enjoy my phone for as long as possible, which is why I am worried about the small gaps around the screen, especially on left side, even though the screen SEEMS to be even. Don't have a clue what we are talking about? With all respect just enjoy your phone and don't complain that we have issues with ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bulaon View Post
    I had that too and also noticed the 920 on display at the ATT store did not have that gap. Got it replaced with a new phone that also didn't have the gap.
    yeah i've seen a lot of people complain about this, and i'm not seeing what they are talking about at all.. I was thinking people just had some crazy ocd going on.. maybe the first batch of phones had this issue.. interesting