Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hello everyone! (Nokia 920 here)

Is anyone else having issues with updating the "Me" live tile with a picture? It starts off clear and full resolution, but after a few hours it seems to become pixelated or blurry. When I update it with a new picture, it becomes clear again. However after some time it reverts back to the same old pixelation. Thank you!

Maybe it is dependent on the pixel size of the image and the size of your live tile? have you tried changing the tile size or image resolution? Otherwise I have no idea :(

Yea, I have. Its usually a photo from facebook or just a downloaded photo. Im not sure if I should take the phone back as it seems like a minor issue. Everything else is working in order aside from the dreaded "returning to homescreen bug" that rears its head every now and then.

Oooh, what is that? Like how an app sometimes crashes? I get that occasionally.

When I go to add a contact, it will return me to the homescreen every time I hit "send/confirm". Seems like a common issue according to the problem thread. however.. the pixelated profile picture sucks...

I have the same issue and cant figure it out. Did you try changing the pic on facebook itself?

Global Posts
    1,052 Global Posts
    I've only had this issue when updating my picture on the phone. When I do it on my PC via the web site and sync, I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebero View Post
    I've only had this issue when updating my picture on the phone. When I do it on my PC via the web site and sync, I don't.
    Thanks for the response, Ill try that!

Quote Originally Posted by ggonzalez777 View Post
    I have the same issue and cant figure it out. Did you try changing the pic on facebook itself?
    yea, Ill try what Kebero stated, and Ill update you guys

Are you syncing your contacts through google by any chance? I have this issue with all my contacts because google resizes them to very small dimensions, which is lame for today's standards...
    Last edited by illumia; 12-06-2012 at 11:44 PM.

So I updated my profile pic on facebook itself and I can confirm after two days that the pic is still clear and is not pixelated. I would recommend uploading the pic and not picking one from Facebook. That's what I did with great results.

I had that issues days ago. That's because of the Google Contents, which didn't accept high quality image. And your phone will sync photos with it

I've tried changing the picture on my Live/hotmail account but it doesn't seem to update to the phone 'Me' hub...
    Last edited by onemoresummer; 12-10-2012 at 02:07 AM.