Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By happynoodleboy

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    So I attended a Lamb of God concert on Saturday night and decided to see just how good the 920 was at recording video and what the audio would end up like. Needless to say I am VERY impressed. The video turned out very clear and almost looks like it was on a tripod for most of the video. I had the phone held above my head with one hand for the whole video and even when getting bumped into and pushed the there still isn't much movement. And no my arm didn't get tired from holding such a heavy phone above my head for that long... Enjoy.

Last edited by Happynoodleboy28; 12-03-2012 at 12:21 AM.
    weetigo and lita_g like this.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    4/5 for the OIS working well.

-5/5 for the epileptic seizure those flashing lights induced

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Ha yeah I can see the lights causing seizures, especially during the beginning of the video.

I'm impressed. I don't think I've ever seen a "phone recording" from a rock concert come close to this quality (sound/video). I'm shocked at how easy it is to watch.

Hate the "music" but amazing quality for a smart phone. Not a lot of top end in the audio, but it handles the high volume better than my $2000 Sony HD camcorder.

That is god damn amazing. Thanks!
    I'm not a fan of LoG, but it definitely is a great test of a recording device that, I think, would have challenged most "regular" camcorders microphones etc. - and the 920 did a fantastic job!
    Not only did it do a great job dealing with the lighting situation, but I think I could actually hear his vocal chords shredding into pieces ;)
    Thanked by:

I was at an Everclear concert this weekend and I thought the sound sucked at the venue, I mean, I was having a hard time listening to the lyrics and whatnot (wearing earplugs of course, it was worse without them). But the video I got of the show came out so good, and the sound was so much more clear than what I heard, lol. Love the Lumia.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    When you wrote "Lamb of God concert" I was expecting something along the lines of "Up With People." Dear Heavens!

The video and audio quality is quite impressive.

Did you have the auto focus on? I ask because you didn't seem to have the constant refocus and white balance issues I've seen with other recordings?

Global Posts
    2,667 Global Posts
    Color me impressed! The 8x did a better job at watching and listening to that noise than I could have!
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sym1a1a View Post
    Did you have the auto focus on? I ask because you didn't seem to have the constant refocus and white balance issues I've seen with other recordings?
    The only setting I changed was changing the video to 1080p. The white balance and focus were both on default settings.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Color me impressed! The 8x did a better job at watching and listening to that noise than I could have!
    No, the 920 did a better job.