Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Finally Got the White Lumia 920 today. ordered one on 12/01/12. :)

I just got off chat with Walmart Wireless, and here's the best nugget I could get:

Manoj P :Our management team is trying to get the stock in bulk bad process all the orders in a day or so."

Me: Oh, so it may ship this week (of course, no promises...)?
    Manoj P : yes, you are correct.

Wouldn't that be awesome? I'm not holding my breath, though...

Here's how I got a yellow one: ordered yellow 920 online - "processing" status for way too long - cancelled order - bought white one at at&t store - saw a Microsoft store at the mall - they had three yellow 920's, told em to hold one for me - sold white 920 on Craigslist - ran to the Microsoft store and told em "shut up and take my money!!"

Could you tell me from which location you ordered because when I contacted walmart wireless in the chat they said that they do not have any color of Nokia Lumia 920 in their stock :(. I am from San Antonio, Texas.

This is the update I get from chat with the Wireless walmart guy

Bhaskarjyoti : We have 655 orders of Nokia Lumia 920 Black, 610 ordes of Nokia Lumia 920 Red, 341 orders of Nokia Lumia 920 White, 1150 of Nokia Lumia 920 Cyan and 760 orders of Nokia Lumia 920 Yellow.

I ordered online on 11.28. So I'm not even at the seeming minimum of 2 weeks. But I'm impatient. I'm in Seattle, WA.

And I'd be willing to cancel and go to at&t or the Microsoft Store, but my family would rather have the extra $100 than the free charger...

Well, I ordered a Cyan 920 from WalMart on 11/10. After waiting a while, I was also told a shipment was coming in on 12/3. I was really hoping to get lucky since I ordered on the second day of availability, but I didn't. So, I patiently waited till today to chat with them again. Bad thing is today the rep says,

"Unfortunately, the supply of Nokia Lumia 920 Cyan phone is currently on hold by the manufacturer for uncertain date."

Not at all what i wanted to hear. Looks like I'm gonna research some other avenues. I really want the Cyan, but I may have to change colors.

Just got this email for each of the Lumias that I ordered:

Walmart Wireless Order Number: xxxxxxxxx

Dear beej,

We haven’t yet received word yet on when we’ll get the Nokia Lumia 920 phone; but we remain confident that it is coming soon. We talk with AT&T several times a day and have received a number of previously unavailable phones; but this one remains very popular and, so far, hard to come by in volume nationwide.

Once we hear a solid date that we can communicate we will send you an email and let you know exactly when we will begin shipping. You will receive an update on or before 4pm Friday, 12/14. Please know that we are not satisfied with the experience you have had with Walmart Wireless and are doing everything in our power to fulfill your order quickly. We greatly appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Walmart Wireless
    Not bad...probably annoyed that I keep asking every 3-4 days...

Just checked my email, and I received the same one.
    The fact that all of these phones are selling out nationwide is a good sign .. That means that major app devs will be looking our way soon

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Here is the text of an email I received from Walmart Wireless last night:

We haven’t yet received word yet on when we’ll get the Nokia Lumia 920 phone; but we remain confident that it is coming soon. We talk with AT&T several times a day and have received a number of previously unavailable phones; but this one remains very popular and, so far, hard to come by in volume nationwide.

Once we hear a solid date that we can communicate we will send you an email and let you know exactly when we will begin shipping. You will receive an update on or before 4pm Friday, 12/14. Please know that we are not satisfied with the experience you have had with Walmart Wireless and are doing everything in our power to fulfill your order quickly. We greatly appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

So at least Walmart Wireless knows that the delay is annoying, and they're not oblivious to it. I'll post when I get Friday's update.
    dharmababa likes this.

Same here, I also keep annoying them every 3-4 days

Dear ,

We promised we’d write you today to give you an update on your Nokia Lumia 920 phone.

We’ve been in constant contact with AT&T since we last wrote, but unfortunately we still don’t have a definitive date that we can communicate to you just yet. The signals are positive though, and we are hopeful that we’ll have something concrete that we can report soon.

We hope that the next communication you receive informs you that your phone was shipped, but if that doesn’t happen before Tuesday 12/18, we’ll send you an email to tell you what we know.

Thanks again for your patience.

Sincerely,

Got this

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I just got the same message as well. And before 4 pm as promised!

My theory, posited in another thread, is that the reason it's taking so long to ship Yellow Lumia 920s is because the secret ingredient in making the color just right is unicorn blood.

That's what I'm going with, anyways.

But it's nice that Walmart Wireless is communicating with us now, rather than pin-drop silence. :)

So... any guesses on what they're going to say today? :) The yellows came back into stock briefly on ATT.com so I'm hoping that some stock of the stock that came in went to Walmart as well.

I just got this email. Shouldn't expect the phone this Christmas. Probably shouldnt expect it this year

Dear ,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in fulfilling your Walmart Wireless order.

We are letting you know that Red, Yellow and Cyan Nokia Lumia phones are constrained throughout the nationwide AT&T dealer network.

We recently received several hundred Black Lumia devices while other color models are not currently available. We will continue to hold your order (unless you notify us otherwise) and send you a shipping update as soon as it is available. We are working diligently with both AT&T and Nokia to secure the phones and we will do our best to let you know before Friday December 21st if you need to make alternate plans for your phone order. If you have made this purchase as a Christmas gift we suggest that you cancel and look for an alternate model to ensure delivery prior to 12/25.

We will automatically upgrade your order to next business day shipping.

If you would like to cancel your order, we recommend you use our Customer Support site where you can quickly cancel your order with just a few clicks. You can also call our Customer Support team at 888-843-2485 and an agent will gladly help you cancel your order or select another device.

We are sorry that we don’t have better news.

Sincerely,

Walmart Wireless Customer Support Team

This is so ridiculous. "You can cancel the orders that you placed with us 3 weeks ago." Seriously? I'm so frustrated now...they keep on saying, "just wait 3 mroe days..."

I think we need to start a twitter campaign about the delays and stringing along that we've been facing. Maybe @NokiaUS, @att, @selop, and @windowsphone with a hashtag of #LumiaRage. Flip that danged maketign campaign back on them. I've been a WP fan since Day 1, will continue to be a fan for the foreseeable future, but this is ridiculous.

I'm so frustrated too. I tweeted to @NokiaUS why they don't have their act together. It shouldn't take more than 6 weeks to get a phone in stock

this isn't much of a windows phone experience so far for me, although i do spend a lot of time browsing the message boards and experiencing windows 8 vicariously through actual handset owners"screen images -snapshots of their newest case, their favorite app" kinda starting to feel like a peeping tom, maybe someday i will be straitened out with a handset of my own. on a lighter note almost a month ago i sought help for my windows fetish, someday a nice new yellow 920 should show up at my door ?????
    spiffus likes this.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markydore View Post
    I'm so frustrated too. I tweeted to @NokiaUS why they don't have their act together. It shouldn't take more than 6 weeks to get a phone in stock
    I tweeted then a week and half ago, with no response. Hope you have more luck than I did!

I am receiving mine tomorrow, ordered on 11/26, email from walmart on 12/20, shipping on 12/21 . As promised they upgraded the 2 day shipping to overnight shipping for free

Dear Xyz,

Great News! Your new AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 Red has completed processing and is ready to ship. As soon as it passes our Quality Assurance team, we will update our Customer Support website and send you another email so you can track your package directly on the shipper's site.

If you have any questions or to view and print the details of your order, please visit our Customer Support website by following the link below.

Customer Support

Thank you for choosing Walmart Wireless. Your order will soon be on its way to you.

Sincerely,
    The Customer Service Team at Walmart Wireless

Quote Originally Posted by avi920 View Post
    I am receiving mine tomorrow, ordered on 11/26, email from walmart on 12/20, shipping on 12/21 . As promised they upgraded the 2 day shipping to overnight shipping for free
    Congrats! Though looks like you got Red, not Yellow which is the subject of this thread :)

Here is the email update that I got for a 12/2 order... they are saying "early January" now.

Dear ,

We unfortunately have received word from AT&T that they are unable to deliver the Nokia Lumia 920 before early January 2013. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Please know that we did everything that we could to obtain the phones but they are just not available as we or anyone else expected. We wanted you to know as soon as possible to be sure you had time to make other arrangements. If you would like to maintain your order position we will fulfill it as soon as the Lumia devices are delivered to our Distribution Center.

If you would like to cancel your order, we recommend you use our Customer Support site where you can quickly cancel your order with just a few clicks. You can also call our Customer Support team at 888-843-2485 and an agent will gladly help you cancel your order or select another device.

Again, we are very sorry that we were unable to fulfill your order without additional delays.

Sincerely,

I have the same email for ,Cyan. Shipping early January. This is really ridiculous.

I got the same email for cyan after ordering on 11/10. I got tired of waiting and tried to get the white one from WalMart, but the answer was the same as the other colors. So, I cancelled my WalMart order, walked into my local AT&T store, and walked out an hour later with a new, white Lumia 920.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast