Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    A little of both, I think. We'll never have an Android- or iOS-sized marketplace. However, as Microsoft builds on - and promotes - the platform, we will see more app developers adopting Windows Phone. It remains to be seen if the platform will capture the big-name commercial developers or not, though.
    I agree with this. It will get better but I am not excepting an IOS sized app store. The only thing I'm truly missing right now is an app from my bank. I have to go to the office and use the desktop. Not too great a inconvenience.

Global Posts
    3,550 Global Posts
    Apps that I firmly believe will pull people to Win8 but aren't available, are

Google+ (same one as what's on IOS)
    Pinterest
    Instagram
    StumbleUpon
    Pulse (I see it on the market, but it won't install on any of the WP's I've had. Lumia 900, HTC Surround, nor 8X)
    Flipboard
    feedly
    News Republic(this is on the market, but it's a TERRIBLE excuse for an app. The Android/IOS app are far better)
    YouTube
    Amazon MP3
    Pandora
    Pocket(aka Read-It Later)

I would consider these to be "top" apps, yet Microsoft doesn't think so.. apparently they have 46 of the top 50 apps, yet I just listed 12 that are no where to be found..

I want to see those apps designed by the actual developer. Windows Phone has tons of app clones that do nothing but hurt the phone's image because the clones are simply not as good as the actual apps.

They also need to start getting rid of all the sex apps. If I'm browsing News, why am I seeing Kama Sutra apps?? wtf?
    rmeigs likes this.

I always laugh when they say oh this ecosystem has this many apps. REALITY CHECK, YES IOS and DROID have tons of them, but I only use maybe 6 apps, and windows has them anyways.
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    Apps that I firmly believe will pull people to Win8 but aren't available, are

Google+ (same one as what's on IOS)
    Pinterest
    Instagram
    StumbleUpon
    Pulse (I see it on the market, but it won't install on any of the WP's I've had. Lumia 900, HTC Surround, nor 8X)
    Flipboard
    feedly
    News Republic(this is on the market, but it's a TERRIBLE excuse for an app. The Android/IOS app are far better)
    YouTube
    Amazon MP3
    Pandora
    Pocket(aka Read-It Later)

I would consider these to be "top" apps, yet Microsoft doesn't think so.. apparently they have 46 of the top 50 apps, yet I just listed 12 that are no where to be found..
    Pandora will come early 2013. That was stated during the October 29 WP8 "unveiling." I don't have a lot of faith that we will see Google+ or YouTube since Google doesn't seem to be playing well with Microsoft when it comes to mobile. Hopefully Instagram will come but from what I've read they are currently NOT working on one.

There is over 100,000 apps as far as raw numbers goes that is fine, I'll never be able to look through all of them. They key is to just get the apps people are actually using on other platforms. Also there are alot of apps that are made that are similar to the IOS or Android apps to fill the void until and official app shows up.

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    Apps you will never see on Windows Phone: Anything from Google.

Someone mentioned they want AA and Tunein. I have both on my 900. Just another example of the cluster**** MS has created with WP8, after telling everyone they would recompile existing apps in the store to run on WP8 without modification.
    aubreyq likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
    Microsoft is focusing more on quality over quantity.
    Are you serious? Have you used the Facebook and Twitter app? Have you used Whatsapp or Viber? App quality on Windows Phone is quite frankly, trash at the moment. If there is a multiplatform app that is on iOS, Android and Windows Phone, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be the buggiest on Windows Phone. This I have noticed with a lot of apps, some which I mentioned above.
    cp2_4eva likes this.

I am never concerned about the number of apps, but I am concerned about the quality of app. I think WP8 is lacking in the polish of the apps. On the flipside the Surface tablet and Win 8 apps seem to be multipying quickly and the apps seem to be more polished as well. I like the Hulu plus and ESPN apps that just came out.

Global Posts
    1,361 Global Posts
    Oh my god. WP8 has only been out for what, five weeks? As I understand it, developers didn't get the SDK until *days* before the final release. What do you guys want? It takes time to recompile and iron out bugs on a new operating system.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cp2_4eva View Post
    I am never concerned about the number of apps, but I am concerned about the quality of app. I think WP8 is lacking in the polish of the apps. On the flipside the Surface tablet and Win 8 apps seem to be multipying quickly and the apps seem to be more polished as well. I like the Hulu plus and ESPN apps that just came out.
    That new Win8 ESPN app is SEXY!!!

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    After reading Steve Ballmer's Nightmare Is Coming True - Yahoo! Finance I don't feel optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by CustomX5 View Post
    After reading Steve Ballmer's Nightmare Is Coming True - Yahoo! Finance I don't feel optimistic for MS
    I won't waste my time picking apart each of their points, but the article is full of assumptions and garbage conclusions. They take a few valid points and extrapolate them to mean the demise of MS. MS has their problems but this is just click-bait.
    NickA and rmeigs like this.

How about apps that only WP has? I'm sorry, but Wordament is so addictive that I don't play many other games anymore...
    ibbyj likes this.

Global Posts
    2,348 Global Posts
    After reading Steve Ballmer's Nightmare Is Coming True - Yahoo! Finance I don't feel optimistic
    Read the whole article again, and look at the 10 points made. Look at points 1 and 3. Nothing beats the iPad right now and we already know that. No one expects to produce the next "iPad killer". Read point #4, it starts out with "We're not sure if this happening or not". How about point #6, Office loses relevance? Since when? Google Docs is not an Office replacement.

It's just another article speculating and voicing their opinions. Means nothing, Does Microsoft have work to do? Of course. So does Apple, Google and RIM as well.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
    In the meantime you can try this one..
    WP8 Radio | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Dude you rock!! Thanks, that's not bad at all. Pretty basic but it will do for now. Come on Tunein!!

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Read the whole article again, and look at the 10 points made. Look at points 1 and 3. Nothing beats the iPad right now and we already know that. No one expects to produce the next "iPad killer". Read point #4, it starts out with "We're not sure if this happening or not". How about point #6, Office loses relevance? Since when? Google Docs is not an Office replacement.

It's just another article speculating and voicing their opinions. Means nothing, Does Microsoft have work to do? Of course. So does Apple, Google and RIM as well.

Windows 8 sales were bad too, and lets be honest it SUCKS, nobody wants a phone OS on their desktop, developers have spoken out against windows 8 and said they hate it, so what does this leave for windows phone 8? do you think developers are going to invest their time into this or go for a sure bet like android and iOS

Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    Are you serious? Have you used the Facebook and Twitter app? Have you used Whatsapp or Viber? App quality on Windows Phone is quite frankly, trash at the moment. If there is a multiplatform app that is on iOS, Android and Windows Phone, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be the buggiest on Windows Phone. This I have noticed with a lot of apps, some which I mentioned above.
    my friend just switched over from his iPhone 5 to the 8X and before the iP5 he had a Lumia 900. He misses instagtam but said his favorite apps/alternatives are far better looking and smooth then his iPhone. He then told me metrotube, Facebook, and Carbon are "beast".
    Gamertag: the teams Flag
    Microsoft Enthusiast; T-Mobile Revolutionist; Hip Hop Evolutionist

Global Posts
    2,348 Global Posts
    Windows 8 sales were bad too, and lets be honest it SUCKS, nobody wants a phone OS on their desktop, developers have spoken out against windows 8 and said they hate it, so what does this leave for windows phone 8? do you think developers are going to invest their time into this or go for a sure bet like android and iOS
    To just say Windows 8 sucks is a pretty ignorant statement. I say that because you have no reasons to back that up. And it's purely subjective. Think about what you post, and how you draw those conclusions. If it's by reading articles, then I suggest you start forming your own opinions based on actually using the products you are trashing.

So you just joined, have two posts (as of this post), both bashing Microsoft and their products. Hmmm, wonder what your agenda is here.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Just give me an arvest bank app,WalMart,best buy,and Redbox and I'll be good. My 920 refuses to open the mobile redbox site. I have to open the full site and its extremely slow and almost unusable. However, I still love my 920.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    To just say Windows 8 sucks is a pretty ignorant statement. I say that because you have no reasons to back that up. And it's purely subjective. Think about what you post, and how you draw those conclusions. If it's by reading articles, then I suggest you start forming your own opinions based on actually using the products you are trashing.

So you just joined, have two posts (as of this post), both bashing Microsoft and their products. Hmmm, wonder what your agenda is here.
    First of all NickA, how do you know I didn't use windows 8? or any of the products? I just joined and I'm not allowed to voice my opinion on windows products? that's too bad because I will say whatever I want, sorry to disappoint you.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    I won't waste my time picking apart each of their points, but the article is full of assumptions and garbage conclusions. They take a few valid points and extrapolate them to mean the demise of MS. MS has their problems but this is just click-bait.
    BIG +1 -- That article was pretty bogus.

Global Posts
    2,348 Global Posts
    First of all NickA, how do you know I didn't use windows 8? or any of the products? I just joined and I'm not allowed to voice my opinion on windows products? that's too bad because I will say whatever I want, sorry to disappoint you.
    Your opinion is, and I quote "it sucks". Wow, a ton of thought went into that one.

And with that, you're on my ignore list.

Global Posts
    3,550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    Apps you will never see on Windows Phone: Anything from Google.

Someone mentioned they want AA and Tunein. I have both on my 900. Just another example of the cluster**** MS has created with WP8, after telling everyone they would recompile existing apps in the store to run on WP8 without modification.
    I don't understand why.. Google has them on iOS and Apple hates Google more than MS does, lol

Kconvert, which down level OS are you concerned about running in these scenarios? Any chance you could provide some specific key scenarios for how you would utilize client hyper-v on a portable win8 device? Do you run them on demand or have them running full time? Are they for deployment only or would you be actively developing and running workloads from within the VM and not on the host?

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Your opinion is, and I quote "it sucks". Wow, a ton of thought went into that one.

And with that, you're on my ignore list.
    I don't owe you any specific details, but cool, put me on ignore, since you cant take criticism.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast