Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree21Likes
  • 16 Post By jdhooghe
  • 1 Post By aximtreo
  • 3 Post By robinleck
  • 1 Post By Allen Balkema

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Seriously, im genuinely scared each time I pick it up.

Its so beautiful; sleek, smooth, and the matte finish (cyan) is amazing, but its also near frictionless to the touch of a dry hand.

I'm absolutely terrified I'll drop the thing!

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    God help us all if you do. The shockwave would take out all of the US.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Sorry just download board ex and pressed the wrong button
    Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daylater View Post

Its so beautiful; sleek, smooth, and the matte finish (cyan) is amazing, but its also near frictionless to the touch of a dry hand.

I have a simple solution for you. I send you $300 and you send me the 920. That would solve both our problems. Seriously, you might look at one of the silicon soft sleeves to give it some grip. Although, my first suggestion is still on the table.
    astraith likes this.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Ha! Sorry, I can't sell love =)

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I concur. I have the matte black but it's sooooo smooth. I only handle it over soft surfaces in case it slips out of my grip. :)
    Banned

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

I have the same phone with the same issue. My solution for now is it never leaves my apt and no one is allowed it touch it. Have become used to switching the sim card between phones. I also mentioned the slipperyness in a previous post and some d... a.. suggested I roughen up my hands.

If you still within the exchange period, swap the matte model for a glossy model.
    The glossy model may look deceivingly slippery but it's not at all. It got more grip than the matte model. Try it.
    Sent from my Windows 8.1 Vivotab Smart Tablet PC ��
    socialcarpet, ARVI_SD and weis like this.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Sadly, there's only the matte model available here in Canada. 😒
    My solution was MS Assure. It was a no brainer for me. Devices are bound to get dings. I used to be anal about my devices, but have honestly realized that it's much nicer not to stress about such simple things. It helps that I am out of school (finally) and actually making money too, lol.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    get a tpu case off amazon for like $5, that's what I have had for every phone in the past year and a half, and I've had a Samsung Focus, an iPhone 4, and an HTC one x, I currently have a white 920. Get a tpu case they are awesome
    socialcarpet likes this.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmaxim View Post
    I have the same phone with the same issue. My solution for now is it never leaves my apt and no one is allowed it touch it. Have become used to switching the sim card between phones. I also mentioned the slipperyness in a previous post and some d... a.. suggested I roughen up my hands.
    I hope you're kidding

Global Posts
    2,036 Global Posts
    That phone is a beast, I couldnt be more comfortable of dropping it lol. Seriously, no damage will occur

Unless you have a hardwood floor, in which case you might scratch the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by emirozmen View Post
    That phone is a beast, I couldnt be more comfortable of dropping it lol. Seriously, no damage will occur
    It's not about you all the time! Think about the cracks on neighbour's floor and ceilings. Be nice.

Mine has already taken a few drops. It is slick so be careful not to leave it in your lap. Any movement can cause it to fly off. It took a pretty good tumble from my shirt pocket, bouncing off the dishwasher and onto a hardwood floor.

That drop made me realize I need to get a case. I'm just not careful enough with the phone. Lucky is survived that bounce off the floor.
    Yellow 920 here - 2 out of my 3 drops happens when i put it on the lap while driving and that thing slipped underneath the seat. (yes both the 920 and my car are still intact). The other time it fell out of my pocket 5 minutes after I picked it up from store and fell on wood floor. and yes both the 920 and the floor are fine. The glossy finish is slick, I haven't had extended experience with matte finish so can't say much. but remember: it's a NOKIA, so don't worry too much about the phone when it drops under normal situation(i.e. not from 3rd floor)...

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Balkema View Post
    get a tpu case off amazon for like $5, that's what I have had for every phone in the past year and a half, and I've had a Samsung Focus, an iPhone 4, and an HTC one x, I currently have a white 920. Get a tpu case they are awesome
    +1

see this wpcentral review: Nokia Lumia 920 Case Review: Cimo S-Line Back Case | Windows Phone Central

Seriously, once you put one of these puppies on, you won't think twice about dropping your phone and damaging the floor

I have the exact same fear. I am always extra careful.

PS/ I do not want to blemish the look with a crappy case.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I had to trade in the black matte 920 for the red one. I just couldn't hold it without worrying about dropping it. I never had that issue with my iPhone 4.

Global Posts
    1,554 Global Posts
    Mine is sitting on a Nokia wireless charging stand under glass on my mantle. I never touch it anymore. I use a Bluetooth headset to make calls.

I wonder if I should post this in one of the many numerous "how are you protecting your phone/what case are you using?" threads.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeewiz View Post
    +1

see this wpcentral review: Nokia Lumia 920 Case Review: Cimo S-Line Back Case | Windows Phone Central

Seriously, once you put one of these puppies on, you won't think twice about dropping your phone and damaging the floor
    i used to have a tpu case for my samsung focus, and id chuck it across the room (so long as it was carpet) to show off how much impact they actually reduce, i cant wait for mine to come in the mail.

You might consider flip phone... LOL (JOKE)