Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By snaqvi91
  • 1 Post By tissotti
  • 1 Post By abxy
  • 1 Post By karmamule
  • 1 Post By abxy

So finally the Pre-orders have started here in India at some Nokia priority dealers.
    I am bored with the black and white phones, I own a white iPhone 4S. Wanted cyan but that is only available in AT&T usa. So I am left with yellow or red.
    Yellow looks good in photos.
    Is yellow too feminine ? I am a big guy 6 3", would it look odd ?
    Last edited by abxy; 12-01-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Get red, yellow is too feminine lol

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Yeah you would get laughed, constantly if you got yellow.

No really, i personally like red. Don't think yellow is too feminine, but it's too bright for my taste. If possible seeing the phone in those two colors live should clear it up for you.

Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    If anything red is too feminine, definitely get yellow. I'm waiting for yellow too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    aubreyq likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by snaqvi91 View Post
    If anything red is too feminine, definitely get yellow. I'm waiting for yellow too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Absolutely agree, yellow would be my choice of those two. If you are getting red, you may as well get pink and be done with it ;-)
    Sent from my white Lumia 920 using Board Express

i have seen both.. have the yellow.. it's all preference really.. i think they both look spectacular!

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Like i tried to hint to OP on my post, trying to put people decide the color for you is useless. :D Walk in the store and it should not take more than couple of second to figure out what color to get.

You should know best if yellow is feminine color there in India. Here in Scandinavia yellow or red is no issue. Already seen plenty of both colors carried by men and cyan was probably the color i saw the most in here when it came to N9 and Lumia 800.
    aubreyq likes this.

i bought Yellow, so recommend too.

Red is a color of power. Go red.

lol

Anyways this really didnt help :P
    Some love the red, some yellow.
    @tissotti - Yeah u r right but the phones arent available yet at the stores, and I will have to tell them while booking which color I want. Seeing the shortage of Lumia 920s all over the world I am pretty sure they will get sold out here too very soon, so pre ordering is the way to go.
    tissotti likes this.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Yellow. Yellow is cool, like a Fez or a Bowtie. ;)
    -joe-
    Had 'em all. Every iPhone since day one, Androids out the ****.
    DVP, Lumia 900, now a Yellow 920. Windows Phone is elegant, simple. Nuff Said.
    Some Stuff

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I would get the yellow, but both colors look great!

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    Get the color you like best regardless of how other people react. Life's too short to limit yourself because some stranger may judge your masculinity based on a gadget you own.
    Barastyr likes this.

I have the yellow. My wife has the red. Both are beautiful phones. Both are kind of "race car" type colors.

I will say that they yellow has a very very slight green tint to it. Not pure yellow. It's almost like a neon yellow, but not quite.

The red is just a pure red.

I'm not too familiar with how colors play out in Indian culture. So I'm not sure what's considers feminine. I always thought that red was more feminine than yellow. But not so much that a guy couldn't own something red and have it be awesome. Like I said earlier... sports cars are often these colors.

Then again, here in the US it's not uncommon for a very secure and masculine guy to wear a pink dress shirt. It depends on how you carry yourself.

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    If you want to stand out, than only yellow. Red is for those who want color but not ready for bold yellow. Depends on you. I love my yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    I have the yellow. My wife has the red. Both are beautiful phones. Both are kind of "race car" type colors.

I will say that they yellow has a very very slight green tint to it. Not pure yellow. It's almost like a neon yellow, but not quite.

The red is just a pure red.{SIPPAGE}
    Really? I found red to have far more orange in it than the pictures portrayed. I was hoping for Cardinals (MLB) red, I got more of a cross between that and Hunter Orange. It still makes a statement, so I'm not going to return it or anything :P.

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsrblke View Post
    Really? I found red to have far more orange in it than the pictures portrayed. I was hoping for Cardinals (MLB) red, I got more of a cross between that and Hunter Orange. It still makes a statement, so I'm not going to return it or anything :P.
    Looked at the red in person and to me it looked like the color of dark tomato soup, and not what I would consider a classic red.

Red has more personal associations than any other color. Recognized as a stimulant, red is inherently exciting and the amount of red is directly related to the level of energy perceived. Red draws attention and a keen use of red as an accent can immediately focus attention on a particular element.
    Sent from my Red L920 using Board Express
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by abxy View Post
    So finally the Pre-orders have started here in India at some Nokia priority dealers.
    I am bored with the black and white phones, I own a white iPhone 4S. Wanted cyan but that is only available in AT&T usa. So I am left with yellow or red.
    Yellow looks good in photos.
    Is yellow too feminine ? I am a big guy 6 3", would it look odd ?
    I'm a 6'5" mountain and have a yellow one. Nothing feminine about it.
    Talderon
    [HR][/HR]
    Device: Black Nokia Lumia 1520 (32GB Edition)
    Network: AT&T (LTE)

yellow it is then :)
    aubreyq likes this.

You might want to take availability into consideration if you're on the fence. I've been waiting for a yellow one for several weeks but meanwhile red ones seem pretty readily available (in the US anyway).