Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46
Like Tree3Likes
  1. GameOver69's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    62 Posts
       #1  
    Does anyone know if Tethering would work without any issues... ie... it not telling you need a compatible plan for it to work like it does on the AT&T version?

    Also, does it come in any other color other than Black on Rogers?

    thanks!
  2. MDak280's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    405 Posts
    Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    #2  
    I'm not sure about the tethering, but I do know that black is the only color available on Rogers for the time being. I've heard they might be planning to stock yellow variants, but this isn't confirmed and who knows how long it will be before they start offering them.

    Here's a source, a wpcentral article.
  3. mtmjr90's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    208 Posts
    Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    #3  
    I know TMo has said they're going to crack down on tethering without paying...so you might just have to pay for a plan with tethering enabled. I'm waiting on my unlocked Rogers 920 to ship from Negri, hopefully that happens soon and I can check.
    Current: soon to be the Lumia 1020
    Past: Samsung Focus, HTC Radar, Lumia 710, Lumia 920, HTC 8X, Lumia 521, Lumia 925, Surface RT
    Current non-WP: Nexus 5, iPhone 5s
    rimlover likes this.
  4. spincel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    130 Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtmjr90 View Post
    I know TMo has said they're going to crack down on tethering without paying...so you might just have to pay for a plan with tethering enabled. I'm waiting on my unlocked Rogers 920 to ship from Negri, hopefully that happens soon and I can check.
    Last time I heard that T-Mobile won't charge if you don't have tethering plan like AT&T. They might throttle, but most people I know have been using tethering without paying anything. Well right now they have 5 GB with tethering and that still good compare to AT&T.

    About the Rogers phone, it will work properly, but still need to manually configure the settings as some people got trouble to get it work. The important is, at this point, you need to trigger the OTA update in order to get correct setting for tethering. This is not really confirmed but some people think that Rogers has been blocked the tethering because of the exclusive, so it might be the cause why it won't work in some case.
  5. ninnnnnja's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
    #5  
    I'd like to know how people got the Internet Sharing feature to work on the Rogers L920 to begin with
  6. Mystictrust's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    977 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ninnnnnja View Post
    I'd like to know how people got the Internet Sharing feature to work on the Rogers L920 to begin with
    I read that they downloaded an alternate language keyboard and it somehow then unlocked an update that opened up internet sharing. Then, they just switched keyboards back :)
  7. kevinn206's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    61 Posts
    #7  
    I have the Tmobile 2GB plan and get good H+ speed. I also installed a Spanish keyboard that supposedly allow tethering. Unfortunately, any mobile client that tries to access my internet sharing on the 920 gets redirected to buy mobile hotspot. And laptops connected to the 920 get "Limited" connection.

    PS: Tethering works fine on my old Lumia 710. I'm using a dev phone.
  8. GameOver69's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    62 Posts
       #8  
    I know TMo has said they're going to crack down on tethering without paying...so you might just have to pay for a plan with tethering enabled. I'm waiting on my unlocked Rogers 920 to ship from Negri, hopefully that happens soon and I can check.
    I'm about to do the same thing. Did you get an idea of when they would start shipping?
  9. GameOver69's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    62 Posts
       #9  
    In regards to the tethering... was just wondering if it was a restriction of the carrier put on the phone... kind of like the at&t version... or if it was open like the factory unlocked international version. Thanks
    Last edited by GameOver69; 12-01-2012 at 01:26 PM.
  10. pdjcrawford's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    45 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GameOver69 View Post
    Does anyone know if Tethering would work without any issues... ie... it not telling you need a compatible plan for it to work like it does on the AT&T version?Also, does it come in any other color other than Black on Rogers?thanks!
    There is (at least) one other thread asking this which I would link if I wasn't using my phone to reply, but I have used my unlocked Rogers 920 with a T-Mobile SIM and Internet Sharing works fine for me. No settings to adjust. I have been told that others are not so fortunate though.My phone was one of the small batch of early release phones and these might be different from those that followed with respect to compatibility with other providers. YMMV.
  11. Richhy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    23 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GameOver69 View Post
    In regards to the tethering... was just wondering if it was a restriction of the carrier put on the phone... kind of like the at&t version... or if it was open like the factory unlicked international version. Thanks
    I can assure you that tethering does not work on an unlocked Rogers Lumia 920. The only people that have reported working tethering so far are Fido users (fido is owned by Rogers) and TMobile users (don't know why). As for the keyboard trick people are taking about, it works for some people but only for a short time. It worked for me for a few hours then I could never get it working again.
  12. GameOver69's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    62 Posts
       #12  
    So it almost certainly works on T-Mobile USA then?

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
  13. spincel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    130 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GameOver69 View Post
    So it almost certainly works on T-Mobile USA then?

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    It works, but most people have to do the trick that add another keyboard every single day that they want to use tethering. Some people do not have to do that. It is just weird. Maybe later Rogers will have a software update that remove these restrictions.
  14. tai4de2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    110 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdjcrawford View Post
    I have used my unlocked Rogers 920 with a T-Mobile SIM and Internet Sharing works fine for me. No settings to adjust. I have been told that others are not so fortunate though.My phone was one of the small batch of early release phones and these might be different from those that followed with respect to compatibility with other providers. YMMV.
    +1

    Works for me on T-Mobile and I never had to adjust any setting. I have an "initial batch" Rogers 920.
  15. pdjcrawford's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    45 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tai4de2 View Post
    +1Works for me on T-Mobile and I never had to adjust any setting. I have an "initial batch" Rogers 920.
    Nice to know I'm not alone! ;) There are doubters in our midst.
  16. GameOver69's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    62 Posts
       #16  
    OK great. Hopefully the later batches will also work. Now how about the built in visual voicemail. Will it work on T-Mobile?

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
  17. spincel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    130 Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by GameOver69 View Post
    OK great. Hopefully the later batches will also work. Now how about the built in visual voicemail. Will it work on T-Mobile?

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Visual voicemail should work properly. Look like negri has stock and just waiting for the unlock code to get these unlocked, then they can ship to the pre-order first. I hope they can unlock really soon so I can get my phone early before Christmas. Wait freaking long now.
  18. mtmjr90's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    208 Posts
    Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by GameOver69 View Post
    I'm about to do the same thing. Did you get an idea of when they would start shipping?
    I emailed their customer service and they said the target date is Dec 11...but I don't get the impression that's an absolute=/
    Current: soon to be the Lumia 1020
    Past: Samsung Focus, HTC Radar, Lumia 710, Lumia 920, HTC 8X, Lumia 521, Lumia 925, Surface RT
    Current non-WP: Nexus 5, iPhone 5s
  19. spincel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    130 Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtmjr90 View Post
    I emailed their customer service and they said the target date is Dec 11...but I don't get the impression that's an absolute=/
    Yeah, as I said, they twitted early that they are waiting for the unlock code. They already have stock in the unit, but until they can get the phone unlocked, they cannot ship it to us. So hopefully by Dec 11, they will be able to do this.
  20. GameOver69's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    62 Posts
       #20  
    Funny thing is I was talking to their online chat support yesterday.... and they said the phones are to be delivered to them unlocked... they just open them up to make sure there are no defects before shipment. I figured that didn't sound right.

    Think I may place the order tonight with them... just trying to justify the cost... even though it is cheaper then every other vendor online right now...

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
  21. spincel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    130 Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by GameOver69 View Post
    Funny thing is I was talking to their online chat support yesterday.... and they said the phones are to be delivered to them unlocked... they just open them up to make sure there are no defects before shipment. I figured that didn't sound right.

    Think I may place the order tonight with them... just trying to justify the cost... even though it is cheaper then every other vendor online right now...

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Is that really true? They remove the estimate date so that would be something. It either they have stock but still waiting for unlock or they have it unlock and will ship it right away. I think I might need to email them or chat with them next week to see if it's true. I could wait another week but I hope that is not the case. Pre-order month ago and still looking at my ancient HD7
  22. thedopesteez's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #22  
    Just got my Rogers 920 a few days ago and Internet tethering works beauty especially on LTE
  23. spincel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    130 Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by thedopesteez View Post
    Just got my Rogers 920 a few days ago and Internet tethering works beauty especially on LTE
    Where do you get it? It is from Canada or from some online seller?
  24. mtmjr90's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    208 Posts
    Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by thedopesteez View Post
    Just got my Rogers 920 a few days ago and Internet tethering works beauty especially on LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by spincel View Post
    Where do you get it? It is from Canada or from some online seller?
    It's clearly not being used on TMo USA so it's not really relevant to this thread...unless I'm missing something and TMo has launched LTE...
    Current: soon to be the Lumia 1020
    Past: Samsung Focus, HTC Radar, Lumia 710, Lumia 920, HTC 8X, Lumia 521, Lumia 925, Surface RT
    Current non-WP: Nexus 5, iPhone 5s
  25. tai4de2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    110 Posts
    #25  
    Visual Voicemail works fine on T-Mo US.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Buying a NOKIA Lumia 920 (Rogers) for use on T-Mobile USA
    By GameOver69 in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-04-2013, 07:04 AM
  2. Unlocked AT&T 820 on T-Mobile?
    By gfiz in forum Nokia Lumia 820
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 03:15 PM
  3. Nokia 920 on my local Craigslist
    By redeyss in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 03:39 PM
  4. Nokia 920 on my local Craigslist
    By redeyss in forum Nokia Lumia 820
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 03:36 PM
  5. WP8 with HSPA+42 on T-Mobile USA?
    By TJWINS in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 08:55 PM

Posting Permissions

B