Hello everyone,

I was luck enough to recently pick up a cyan lumia 920 on Tuesday from the ATT store. The phone is awesome and I getting closed to 2 days of battery life :)

Anyways, I have this nagging question about the email client. I have set up two gmail accounts on my phone with relative ease.

Every time I open email on my phone. This does not mark the email as read on my computer. if i delete an email on my phone, it still shows up on the website on my computer.
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    1) How is your email set to pull? Is it as 'items arrive' or do you have scheduled pulls?
    2) Go to http://m.google.com/sync from your Windows Phone and check your settings with each Google Account. You can also set 'Delete' to actually move mail to the trash can rather than IMAP 'deleted' which is a seperate folder in your Gmail.

Thanks for quick reply

(1) I have set the email client to pull the email every 30mins.
    (2) Before this phone, I used to have iPhone 4. I was able to delete an email on my phone and the email was moved to the delete folder on the website. Also,when I opened an email on my phone, it was marked as read online.
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulsman View Post
    Thanks for quick reply

(1) I have set the email client to pull the email every 30mins.
    (2) Before this phone, I used to have iPhone 4. I was able to delete an email on my phone and the email was moved to the delete folder on the website. Also,when I opened an email on my phone, it was marked as read online.
    You have your phone set to sync every 30 minutes. As this is not true push updates to the mail server will only occur every 30 minutes unless you manually sync up with Gmail. On the iPhone did you have this set up to pull every 30 minutes or was it push? I thought the iPhone was configured to get messages as they arrived - maybe you can change this setting to manual or other intervals. I didn't think going with anything other than instant / as items arrive would mark the messages read in your email online until the next polling interval.

On my iphone, I manually pulled the email.

Global Posts
    1,361 Global Posts
    Yeah, if you're set to sync every 30 minutes, emails deleted on your device won't actually delete in your mailbox until your next scheduled sync.
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Your mail client only talks with the server when you manually poll or the client is configured to manually poll.

Let's say that I have my phone set up to manually sync my Gmail on my Lumia 920. Every couple of hours I check for messages. I initiate a pull from my phone and see I have new messages. However, I'm at my desk during the day so it is just as easy to check the website as it is to glance at my phone. I check Gmail, read the messages and go about my business. I don't sync my email with Gmail for a while, so when I go to my phone and open the inbox the messages I had read from before are still new. (Because I didn't sync yet)

If I read an email on the phone but not on the web and I'm running a manual sync what I read on the phone won't appear as read on Gmail. If I sync my account between those times, they will.

Do you also have your phone connected to your Google Calendar? Did you have it that way on the iPhone?
    After you delete the message click the sync button.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Thanks everyone.