- 11-30-2012, 03:28 PM #1
I was luck enough to recently pick up a cyan lumia 920 on Tuesday from the ATT store. The phone is awesome and I getting closed to 2 days of battery life :)
Anyways, I have this nagging question about the email client. I have set up two gmail accounts on my phone with relative ease.
Every time I open email on my phone. This does not mark the email as read on my computer. if i delete an email on my phone, it still shows up on the website on my computer.
- 11-30-2012, 03:32 PM #2
1) How is your email set to pull? Is it as 'items arrive' or do you have scheduled pulls?
2) Go to http://m.google.com/sync from your Windows Phone and check your settings with each Google Account. You can also set 'Delete' to actually move mail to the trash can rather than IMAP 'deleted' which is a seperate folder in your Gmail.
- 11-30-2012, 03:44 PM #3
Thanks for quick reply
(1) I have set the email client to pull the email every 30mins.
(2) Before this phone, I used to have iPhone 4. I was able to delete an email on my phone and the email was moved to the delete folder on the website. Also,when I opened an email on my phone, it was marked as read online.
- 11-30-2012, 03:58 PM #4
- 11-30-2012, 04:05 PM #7
Your mail client only talks with the server when you manually poll or the client is configured to manually poll.
Let's say that I have my phone set up to manually sync my Gmail on my Lumia 920. Every couple of hours I check for messages. I initiate a pull from my phone and see I have new messages. However, I'm at my desk during the day so it is just as easy to check the website as it is to glance at my phone. I check Gmail, read the messages and go about my business. I don't sync my email with Gmail for a while, so when I go to my phone and open the inbox the messages I had read from before are still new. (Because I didn't sync yet)
If I read an email on the phone but not on the web and I'm running a manual sync what I read on the phone won't appear as read on Gmail. If I sync my account between those times, they will.
Do you also have your phone connected to your Google Calendar? Did you have it that way on the iPhone?
- By moc426 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 64Last Post: 11-12-2013, 01:23 PM
- By Steve Ridges in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 8Last Post: 12-02-2012, 08:06 AM
- By c d in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 8Last Post: 11-14-2012, 10:40 AM