I cant seem to see if in the App store. Cant find any chatter video chat app. What are rest of the lumia 920 owners using ?

Tango was available for WP7 so I would guess it will be available for WP8 at some point.

why not just use skype?

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    ...because Skype is a beta release causing many problems on many people's devices. :)
    I personally have no problems with Skype. Works great. I won't give a damn about tango, never got it to work on the Titan 2
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,612 Global Posts
    Skype's audio quality is amazing. It sounds even better than phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    ...because Skype is a beta release causing many problems on many people's devices. :)
    Care to tell us what are the problems surrounding Skype?? I have been using Skype on my Windows Phone 8 since the release and haven't experienced any problems so far.

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMavC5 View Post
    Care to tell us what are the problems surrounding Skype?? I have been using Skype on my Windows Phone 8 since the release and haven't experienced any problems so far.
    It's a known problem for the beta, it was on wpcentral's home page for a couple of days. Evidently, because Skype accounts are now linked with Microsoft accounts, sometimes the beta causes your Microsoft account to be forever syncing which stops it from getting some emails and causes your battery to drain hella quick.

It doesn't happen all the time, for some people its fine. Why it does it, no one knows. But I'm waiting for it to be fixed before I dive into Skype on my 820.

Skype and the constant syncing problem on Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Skype's video quality is absolutely horrible when compared to facetime. What's the quality of Tango?
    Skype video calling is great, maybe your network speed is why the video sucks. Or maybe your front facing camera sucks, the only feature I want is to beable to switch back and forth between front and back cameras
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Absolutely right skype's video and audio call quality is very nice.you can used it easily without problem.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    I've probably used it once... that was when I first downloaded it on release day. I never noticed it wasn't available for WP8.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod