Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shap2012 View Post
    I just had the EXACT same thing happen last night. Let phone sit on my new wireless charger and it shut off and would not respond at all.. Held volume down+power for about 15 seconds and it came back.
    This happens to me probably 75% of the time that I leave my phone on the wireless charger overnight. I haven't noticed it when I put the phone on the charger for just a short time. I haven't noticed the heat, but that could be because it's heating up overnight. There is so much I love about this phone, but I am really surprised at the number of serious bugs (e.g. Bluetooth in my car) compared to my LG Quantum running WP7 when it very first came out. I would have expected fewer issues from WP8. :-(

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    To Update: @NokiaCareUS wanted me to email them regarding my issues including my phone information.

I have sent that email pointing them back to the thread here and also outlined my two other issues (Although smaller) About the FFC Dust and the Top Glass issue. Just waiting for a response now.
    Red Lumia 920

Mine thankfully wasn't locked up this morning (post update), but the reports that others are still seeing it is disappointing. Hopefully all stays happy for me.

I had a lock-up again last night, despite doing exactly what I have done when I have not had any lock-ups. Being in the UK, I have not had the updated firmware, but obviously that does not seem to have fixed the problem anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinabu View Post
    To Update: @NokiaCareUS wanted me to email them regarding my issues including my phone information.

I have sent that email pointing them back to the thread here and also outlined my two other issues (Although smaller) About the FFC Dust and the Top Glass issue. Just waiting for a response now.
    If you tell us where you mailed them i will inlcude my details too and send it to them.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ^^
    I'm not sure if the email supplied was a personal box or a support email box. I would recommend contacting them via twitter (@NokiaCareUS) and speaking with them their fist. I have pointed them to this thread but would hate to flood someone's box with emails. I will update frequently though from what I hear.

So far I am still waiting on a reply.
    Red Lumia 920

LoL, allready did that: Nokia Care ‏@NokiaHelps: please contact Nokia Support team to further assist you with this issue. visit Support - Nokia ^AR

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Update:

Just heard back from Nokia. They are going to send me a New 920 and Charging plate and I will send them mine back once the new one arrives. I urge anyone still having this issue to contact Nokia Care on Twitter or Facebook (@NokiaCareUS) and let them know that even after the update the problems are still happening!

I will keep everyone updated once the new one arrives.
    Red Lumia 920

Update:

Just heard back from Nokia. They are going to send me a New 920 and Charging plate and I will send them mine back once the new one arrives. I urge anyone still having this issue to contact Nokia Care on Twitter or Facebook (@NokiaCareUS) and let them know that even after the update the problems are still happening!

I will keep everyone updated once the new one arrives.
    Thanks. Just sent them a tweet.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Same here. It started for me after Portico. Phone freezes when wirelessly charging overnight but it has also done the same thing once when not charging.

Post update my own lumia device is bricking on wireless charging almost daily regardless of closing apps. I will try turning off cellular next.... very sad. I will be calling Nokia support in the morning.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Just a quick update.

The replacement phone and charger showed up. Got my sim swapped out and restored to the new phone. Was doing a reset on the old one to box it back up but sadly its locked up (spinning gears) goingto try and fix it so I can at least shut the phone.

Ill try the charger for the next few days and see how things go. But one thing I did notice is there is no gap at the top between the glass and trim like my old one has so im assuming this one has been fixed where it wont get dust in the FFC.
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    No lockup last night on the new phone and new charger. WiFi was the only thing on. I'm going to pair my BT headset and car today and keep testing.
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    This isn't a problem caused by Nokia , this is a problem caused by Bluetooth and Wireless drivers if you want to use your wireless charger
    first upgrade to Portico
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lu...ml#post1831079
    if some reason you can't do this , disable Send+tap , Bluetooth and wireless lan and it'll not die.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Just a quick update.

The replacement phone and charger showed up. Got my sim swapped out and restored to the new phone. Was doing a reset on the old one to box it back up but sadly its locked up (spinning gears) goingto try and fix it so I can at least shut the phone.

Ill try the charger for the next few days and see how things go. But one thing I did notice is there is no gap at the top between the glass and trim like my old one has so im assuming this one has been fixed where it wont get dust in the FFC.

does your phone get hot from wireless charging? mine gets really hot and now the case above the camera flexes a little.. im guess the heat building up inside is stressing the plastic and he will eventually stretch the plastic case

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabkawe5 View Post
    This isn't a problem caused by Nokia , this is a problem caused by Bluetooth and Wireless drivers if you want to use your wireless charger
    first upgrade to Portico
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lu...ml#post1831079
    if some reason you can't do this , disable Send+tap , Bluetooth and wireless lan and it'll not die.
    This is not true. I already updated to portico and charged with all services off and it still locked up.
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    does your phone get hot from wireless charging? mine gets really hot and now the case above the camera flexes a little.. im guess the heat building up inside is stressing the plastic and he will eventually stretch the plastic case
    With the old handset it did get warm but not hot. I've only charged one time so far since the replacement 920 came in.
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabkawe5 View Post
    ... if you want to use your wireless charger
    first upgrade to Portico...
    Since Portico hit our phones, my wife's Lumia 920 has died twice on the wireless charging station overnight. It never did that before. Also, since Portico, the chargers never seem to shut off and the phones get hot. Every time I look at them, the white light is glowing solid. Again, this didn't happen pre-Portico.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    I had this problem pre portico , and I still had it after it , but disabling Wlan + Bluetooth while wireless charging worked for me

Again I must note that I didn't get it OTA , I installed it clean via USB ... which might have helped me too.

The problem is indeed related to software particularly the drivers I mentioned

Global Posts
    1,401 Global Posts
    Any fix for this. My stepmoms phone died after wireless charge. Tried to do a soft reset and a blue screen pops up. Will a hard reset fix this? Not sure if she got the update.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Another quick update.

So far so good on the replacement model. Got a couple days of wireless charging now with no lock ups. First night was Wifi Only setup, Last night was Wifi and Bluetooth on (My main scenario) and it made it through fine.

I'm going to be packing up the old phone to send out but I've been charging it even after doing a factory reset and it still locks up and that's with nothing installed but factory stuff.

I'm going to pair my BT Headphones today so that will be two items paired (Car,Headset) and keep testing. Hopefully the replacement phone will resolve the issue.

On a Side note. The replacement phone does not have that rectangle shaped piece on the screen at the top and the seems around the glass/body seem much tighter and so far I have not seen any dust getting into the FFC.
    Red Lumia 920

Related but a little different: Have had my 920 for two days and don't have a wireless plate. My phone exhibits the same shutdown behavior when charging overnight on the wired charger that came with the phone. Love this phone, but this is very irritating.

Ya. I have had mine since launch and I am done trouble shooting it. I just gave Nokia a contact asking to see if they feel it something that will be fixed by a software patch or is this a hardware failure effecting all batches thus far (so it seems).

I kindly asked them not to give me any run around or broad outsourced response. I want to know if this is going to be fixed of if I just lost on an investment.

I don't want to have to swap it out....regardless if its for the same phone or for another. The stress involved is irritating as ****. If only MS could have made it easier to backup EVERYTHING on the phone and not just parts of things it wouldn't be so annoying to upgrade or change devices.

Will see what they say but I'm about 90% sure they will give me some broad bs excuse anyways. Most companies do :/
    Current Phone 1 = Nokia 920 WP8
    Current Phone 2 = HTC Surround w Mango
    Older Phone 3 = AT&T Tilt 2 (TP2) WM 6.5 OEM
    Current Level of Sanity = None ^^

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    The backup feature works great on the phone.

I swapped devices last week and the new phone restored everything but my home screen. It even re-downloaded all my apps no problem. The switch out was effortless

To update those following the replacement phone has not locked up since I received it. I don't believe this is a software issue anymore. I got a new phone and new plate and this phone is loads better than the original in terms of build quality and stability. Battery life on this one is crazy running around 2 days with moderate use. I stream BT music a lot during the day in the car and work and this new one has been fantastic.
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts
    Congrats, that's as it should be!
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast