Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I already tried disabling it, but it changed nothing.

Same issue here. Charged it wirelessly for the night and woke up late because the phone was dead and alarm didn't ring. Next day I charge it wirelessly till its at %100 and then leave it on the desk before going to sleep and wake up to the same issue. Last night I used the wall charger and the phone didn't die at night. I guess its a firmware issue related to charging wireless. I hope it gets fixed soon, as I love the wireless charging stand I got.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Add me to the list of issues.

I just got my wireless plate yesterday in the mail. I plugged it all up and sat my phone down literally for about 1 minute just to see if it worked. Then went about on my way. Sent a few text messages while fixing dinner and checked my phone. Locked up.

Let the battery go ahead and run down for the night and then used the wireless charger. Woke up this morning and....Locked up. It did charge the phone to 100% but it was frozen this morning. I've been using the wired charger without issue since I got the phone the first week.
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Phone just locked up again with no warning and I didnt even have it on the charger. Nothing has changed other than switching to the wireless charger.. I sent a tweet to NokiaCareUS. :(
    Red Lumia 920

Do a soft reset and stop using the wireless charger ^ Hopefully it'll stop.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I'm on my second soft reset of the day and it hasn't touched the wireless changer since last night and it's locked up twice now. Im going to cable charge it tonight though.

NokiaCareUS on twitter is responding but going through normal troubleshooting steps.. There wanting to know if I have tried another charger.. How would i even get another charger seeing as it took 3 weeks to get this one..
    Red Lumia 920

I know its troublesome, but you might just have to do an OS reset if the lock ups continue. Good luck getting it back to normal

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Speaking more with NokiaCareUS on twitter they asked for me to try wireless charging with BT off. I will do that for troubleshooting sake but that's not a good perm solution. I use BT everyday with my car for phone and music streaming and having to remember to turn it on/off everytime will get annoying quick.
    Red Lumia 920

The past two nights my phone charged very well with my wireless charger. The only new software on my phone is the display+touch update. Maybe it fixed it? I'm going to try charging this night again with my Qi.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I had already got the display+touch update a week or so back and that did not resolve the issues I'm having.
    Red Lumia 920

You should try to get a replacement or wait until the first OTA-update arrives.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I'm gonna hold out since the phone is not totally dead. Im troubleshooting with Nokia to see if we can pinpoint an issue.
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    For those having issues with the wireless charging plates and your phone locking up can you try this setup.

No Background Apps Running (Tap back arrow until home screen is all it switches to)
    Have Bluetooth Turned Off
    NFC Off
    Red Lumia 920
    Thanked by:
    Harry Ola likes this.

Your experience sounds a lot like mine, so thanks for all your posts. My first phone started locking up repeatedly on the wireless charger, but then these lock-ups started happening at other times unfortunately. So this one went back. My second phone has been much more stable, but I have had two lock ups when I have left it on the wireless charger. So I am now very rarely using the wireless charger.

My Bluetooth and NFC has been switched off on both phones, so the only bit of your last post relevant to my experience would be making sure the apps were all shut down. I probably would not have done this before because I only just worked out how to do it . I'll use my wireless charger again with them all switched off and see how I get on.

So I guess it's a software bug. My phone locked up during the last night again on the wireless charger. I have no lock ups elsewhere. Hope Nokia will fix this asap. :)

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I charged last night with those settings as recommended by Nokia and my phone fully charged to 100% and has not locked up. I brought my wireless charger with me to work to test some more. I'm going to turn my Bluetooth back on the next charge up and see if we can pinpoint what the issue is.
    Red Lumia 920

It could be all 3 of course, but I have always had NFC and Bluetooth switched off, so it could only be the background apps on my phone. I will definitely try this tonight and see if I get a clear night.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Testing mine again now with Bluetooth on and several apps running in the background (IE, Store, Chrync, Facebook)
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Confirmed..turned off both and closed all apps and..first night on wireless charger without freezing!

Also, my Bluetooth was already off and it was freezing, so its either NFC or apps. I'd be willing to wager its the apps!

I have everything on except Bluetooth and Cellular Data. Been using the wireless charging stand (without programming the NFC capability) for 4 days/nights without problems. Working like a charm.

I have been wirelessly charging without issue for nearly a month (got my phone on release day, already had a Qi charger) - weird.

I had my first freeze free night on the wireless charger. I put mine in flight mode to be absolutely certain no apps would get notifications or anything.

*sigh* Entirely disheartened to read this thread. If, after receiving my wireless charger, my phone freezes up even once, that'll be the final straw. I love this phone, but I won't tolerate a device that won't hold a charge and freezes upon wireless charging. Might be back to the iPhone for this guy.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear that Kooosh. Sadly it's a new OS and New hardware that i feel was rushed out even though it felt like forever when they first announced the 920.. Things will get better with time and updates. I'm willing to stick it out. Nokia is really great with their warranty so if A problem does come up I would trust them to listen to us more than any other phone company out there.

And with that. I tested again last night. Bluetooth on and a few apps running in the background. Charged up 100% and has been fine since. I'm certain now it just has to be some apps that's causing the issues. Maybe the perfect storm kind of scenario... It's one app or a combination of apps that's making the phone lock up.
    Red Lumia 920

Another freeze free night for me last night on the wireless charger.

Thanks for all the help Sinabu.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast