View Poll Results: Do you find you accidentally close the keyboard while typing?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Happens often to me

3 12.50%
  • Sometimes - Occasionally have seen it close

1 4.17%
  • No - Why you talking all crazy fool? This never happens to me

20 83.33%
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,552 Global Posts
    So I've owned two Nokia Lumia 920 units now, and I've found on both of them I often accidentally close the keyboard down while typing.

Now, on the first Lumia 920, I found it happened a lot. I couldn't make a post via the Windows Phone Central app without the keyboard happening a lot. And compared to Chris Parson's device, I found the same thing wasn't happening as much when I used it (not at all even).

On my second Lumia 920, I've the issue to not be as bad at all. But it still happens. Sending SMS messages, posting via the app, sometimes the keyboard just closes for **no apparent reason to me** as I'm typing. But not all the time.

So I think maybe it's not a bug, but related to how I hold and type on the phone. I'm a two thumb typer when I get going. Maybe I'm accidentally hitting something as I type. Not sure really.

So just wanted to see what other people are experiencing here. Am I the only one or ?
    Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, EIC, CrackBerry.com
    Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
    Currently trying out the Lumia 920 while on my Mobile Nations World Tour waiting for BlackBerry 10.

The pad on your thumb probably hits the backbutton?

Quote Originally Posted by Slai View Post
    The pad on your thumb probably hits the backbutton?
    Or somewhere outside the box into which you are typing.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,552 Global Posts
    Hmm.. if it's just me then I'm gonna feel really, really awkward....
    Kevin Michaluk
    Currently trying out the Lumia 920 while on my Mobile Nations World Tour waiting for BlackBerry 10.

Yet feeling awkward is a low price to pay compared to sending it back to Nokia going "IT DONT WORK U FIX?!?" then getting it back with that extremely condecending polite letter saying in pretty and soft words that youre a ****** :P .

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    It's because your palm touches the back button on the phone. It happens to me pretty damn often that I'm starting to get annoyed at it. My work around is to type on landscape mode.
    Thanked by:
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,552 Global Posts
    @Noob1ee. Ahhh... that might just be it. If that's the case, that's really, really, really not good for me. Willl start paying closer attention to it. But that might be it. I think it does vary - sometimes happens, sometimes not. Probably based on how I'm holding it slightly different in varying ways (lying in bed, vs. at a desk, vs. walking, etc.)
    Kevin Michaluk
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,552 Global Posts
    Ok. That's totally the problem. The way I naturally like to hold the phone, the skin on my palm under the phone constantly accidentally activates the back button. That's suckkkkkkks. I can avoid doing it now that I'm aware of it, but holding my hands to avoid it is a bit unnatural and uncomfortable to what I am used to.

Glad I'm to the bottom of it at least. Thanks for the help.
    Kevin Michaluk

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I do this all the time...