11-30-2012, 01:36 AM #8
- 133 Posts
I want to get NFC tags, and put some around the house and in my car. But the things I want to do with them (turn bluethooth on, wifi on, silent/vibrate etc) isn't possible with WP8 right? As in just to turn these options on/off without doing anything else
- 11-30-2012, 10:48 AM #11
You can use any of the standard tag types from the NFC forum- Types 1-4 should work, as they are not proprietary.
The Mifare Classic 1K chip is not one of the four standard NFC chip types and will not work with Blackberry, Windows, and some newer Android devices (such as the Nexus 4).
buynfctags.com has the Type 1, 2, and 4 tags that will work with the Nexus 4. Here is a link to their NTAG stickers: NFC Tags, Readers and Software | BUYNFCTAGS.COM
11-30-2012, 02:21 PM #13
- 63 Posts
Not sure if it's "against the rules" to post another WP forum link but I had the same idea about what you can do with tags and NFC in WP8... check this out maybe?
NFC Interaction WP8 app will let you launch apps using NFC stickers | WMPoweruser
- 12-01-2012, 10:52 AM #14
But evidently we can't lock the tags. So anyone can reprogram them. I'm wanting to try out some of the same things as you guys, but until I can lock my tags I'm waiting.
-joe-Had 'em all. Every iPhone since day one, Androids out the ****.
DVP, Lumia 900, now a Yellow 920. Windows Phone is elegant, simple. Nuff Said.
- 12-01-2012, 03:50 PM #15
- Buy NDEF formatted tags. Windows 8 phones don't support unformatted nfc tags. (Or format the tags with an android phone)
- Tectiles (mifare classic) supported, but same thing, must be formatted already.
- "we can't lock the tags" An app like SmartTag (for android) can be useful. The smartTag app doesn’t write anything to the tag, it just associates a set of commands with the found ID/URL. Lets hope some nfc apps will appear soon in the windows app store.
Much more info on this page.
- 12-01-2012, 08:15 PM #16
- 12-02-2012, 02:36 PM #17
1 It's for android
2 Folow link in my other post and go to smartTag section for the howto.
"The smartTag app doesn’t write anything to the tag, it just associates a set of commands with the found ID/URL" If your partner has another nfc enabled android device, he/she can use the same tag for other commands on the other phone.
You need to install Sony SmartTag app, Smart Connect (or LiveWare) manager app and a special nfc tag writer app. All free from Google play store.
Write the ID from original Sony smartTags on your own tags.
Sorry, I can't confirm if it's without problems for the Tectiles. SmartTags are Mifare UL, Tectiles are Mifare classic. I have no feedback about this. Buying UL type is more save.
- 12-04-2012, 11:43 AM #18
The Samsung Tectiles tags are Mifare Classic tags so they are not one of the 4 standard tag types. Thus Windows phones won't be able to read the Tectiles.
The NTAGs (Type 2) are already NDEF formatted and would be my recommendation.
12-06-2012, 11:18 AM #21
- 73 Posts
i was planning to leave them on my desk... i do customer service... and when i'm away.. people / friends, could use their phone to tag a tag.. and get a message from me... or stuff like having tags on keychaings... so whats your contact? boom v card on nfc keychain... just a bunch of ideas....
12-10-2012, 01:57 PM #23
- 1 Posts
Hi - we offer NFC tags at www.identivenfc.com. You can order blank or pre-printed tags for most of the use cases you can think of. (So yes, this is a reply from a shop, not a user per se) And if our offering of tags is not what you are looking for just make your own custom NFC tags by uploading a picture or graphic! We also have NFC readers and SDKs for more techie users - but enough said, see for yourself. We are adding new product regularly so make sure to stay in touch through FB or Twitter.
10-28-2013, 05:42 PM #25
- 87 Posts
- By TenTwelve in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 30Last Post: 05-16-2013, 08:27 PM
- By Jonah P in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 9Last Post: 04-22-2013, 06:29 AM
- By pvcleave in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 8Last Post: 03-19-2013, 01:10 PM
- By Guitarpik in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 11-17-2012, 11:23 PM
- By ryude in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 11-17-2012, 07:21 PM