Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Where can I buy NFC Tags for my Nokia Lumia 920? I really want a lot. Amazon is best if you have a buying link. Thank you!

Not really sure.... curious though... what do you plan on doing with them?

I saw some Tectile NFC tags for the Samsung 'droid phones at the AT&T store. I wonder if they work with the 920.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrgeorgeson View Post
    Not really sure.... curious though... what do you plan on doing with them?
    to use it as an NFC tag...

Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    to use it as an NFC tag...
    Haha, I think what he meant was, how do you intend to program them?

As in, what will your tags do when you tap them? Play your favorite mix? Set your phone to silent?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeWaah View Post
    Haha, I think what he meant was, how do you intend to program them?

As in, what will your tags do when you tap them? Play your favorite mix? Set your phone to silent?
    To open apps, play music, etc.

Oh, so it seems like you are gonna play with them and see what you come up with, you don't actually have a set plan yet?

I want to get NFC tags, and put some around the house and in my car. But the things I want to do with them (turn bluethooth on, wifi on, silent/vibrate etc) isn't possible with WP8 right? As in just to turn these options on/off without doing anything else
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeWaah View Post
    Oh, so it seems like you are gonna play with them and see what you come up with, you don't actually have a set plan yet?
    Yes. Why, is that stopping you from giving me the links?

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    Yes. Why, is that stopping you from giving me the links?

I don't actually see him ever telling you that he had them and was holding them from you...

All people are asking is what you're planning on doing with them. That is all.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    You can use any of the standard tag types from the NFC forum- Types 1-4 should work, as they are not proprietary.
    The Mifare Classic 1K chip is not one of the four standard NFC chip types and will not work with Blackberry, Windows, and some newer Android devices (such as the Nexus 4).

buynfctags.com has the Type 1, 2, and 4 tags that will work with the Nexus 4. Here is a link to their NTAG stickers: NFC Tags, Readers and Software | BUYNFCTAGS.COM

There are a bunch of nfc tags (sticker, key fob, etc) on ebay and amazon.
    I really want to get some blank ones and print some custom stickers from somewhere like StickerRobot.com and post them up around town.
    Not sure if it's "against the rules" to post another WP forum link but I had the same idea about what you can do with tags and NFC in WP8... check this out maybe?
    NFC Interaction WP8 app will let you launch apps using NFC stickers | WMPoweruser

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    But evidently we can't lock the tags. So anyone can reprogram them. I'm wanting to try out some of the same things as you guys, but until I can lock my tags I'm waiting.
    -joe-
    Had 'em all. Every iPhone since day one, Androids out the ****.
    DVP, Lumia 900, now a Yellow 920. Windows Phone is elegant, simple. Nuff Said.
    Some Stuff

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    - Buy NDEF formatted tags. Windows 8 phones don't support unformatted nfc tags. (Or format the tags with an android phone)
    - Tectiles (mifare classic) supported, but same thing, must be formatted already.
    - "we can't lock the tags" An app like SmartTag (for android) can be useful. The smartTag app doesn’t write anything to the tag, it just associates a set of commands with the found ID/URL. Lets hope some nfc apps will appear soon in the windows app store.
    Much more info on this page.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    how does this app work? would it work with those samsung nfc tags?

Nfc Interactor | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    1 It's for android
    2 Folow link in my other post and go to smartTag section for the howto.
    "The smartTag app doesn’t write anything to the tag, it just associates a set of commands with the found ID/URL" If your partner has another nfc enabled android device, he/she can use the same tag for other commands on the other phone.
    You need to install Sony SmartTag app, Smart Connect (or LiveWare) manager app and a special nfc tag writer app. All free from Google play store.
    Write the ID from original Sony smartTags on your own tags.
    Sorry, I can't confirm if it's without problems for the Tectiles. SmartTags are Mifare UL, Tectiles are Mifare classic. I have no feedback about this. Buying UL type is more save.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    The Samsung Tectiles tags are Mifare Classic tags so they are not one of the 4 standard tag types. Thus Windows phones won't be able to read the Tectiles.

The NTAGs (Type 2) are already NDEF formatted and would be my recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    I don't actually see him ever telling you that he had them and was holding them from you...

All people are asking is what you're planning on doing with them. That is all.
    Lol, yes, that's all I was asking. Thank you.

amazon.. MIFARE ULTRALIGHT C tags work!

i was planning to leave them on my desk... i do customer service... and when i'm away.. people / friends, could use their phone to tag a tag.. and get a message from me... or stuff like having tags on keychaings... so whats your contact? boom v card on nfc keychain... just a bunch of ideas....

They work. I saw them also and the AT&T guy there showed me what they did with the Lumia 920 he had.

Hi - we offer NFC tags at www.identivenfc.com. You can order blank or pre-printed tags for most of the use cases you can think of. (So yes, this is a reply from a shop, not a user per se) And if our offering of tags is not what you are looking for just make your own custom NFC tags by uploading a picture or graphic! We also have NFC readers and SDKs for more techie users - but enough said, see for yourself. We are adding new product regularly so make sure to stay in touch through FB or Twitter.

Good thread.
    Speed from my Surface

Samsung Black NFC Tag 5-Pack accessories from AT&T
    Do these work with WP8? considering they are NDEF formatted with my N9.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast