Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UnnDunn

Hi all...

So my problem is that Windows Store never shows any app updates. I know there are apps that have updates available to my phone (for example, Nokia Maps, Extras+ and others) but for whatever reason they aren't showing up on the Store live tile or when I go to the Store main menu. If I go to the app page in the Store, the Update button appears and I can update normally, but I have to check each app myself.

Anyone know what's up?
    Joseph Munford likes this.

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    My phone acts the same. It rarely shows updates and recently updated maps because I saw there was an update available on these forums

My unlocked lumia 920 is also having this problem!!!
    I have to go into each app i know that has a update before the actual update shows up, there needs to be a fix or a way that it will check all your apps everytime you enter the market place. Come on microsoft!!!!

-Joe from Canada

Having same problem. It's gotten worse over time. Used to get the live tile for Store updates all the time. Not lately.

Hoping that this will be fixed in the next OS update.

Same Problem here :( since a few days I'm getting no more updates, worked fine in the beginning!

Yesterday I thought to not turn my phone off before going to bed ( I usually do this), switched off WiFi and let the phone stay on data connection only. This morning my live tile was showing 4 updates, so it seems that the OS is checking for updates only once a day and the past days it couldn't do this because the phone was shutdown.

When I got my 920, I have updates shown around 2 o'clock pm, so now I think this time changed to be 12 hours later (2 am). I've done a soft reset a few days ago, maybe it has something to do with this (lost current time after reset). I'll try to set my datetime zone again and will keep an eye on it but at this time I don't think there is anything broken, it's just the way it works.

Hello Guys. Some new about this problem?
    I'm facing the same issue at my new Lumia 920.

It may sound strange, but for me issue fixed after uninstalling one of weather apps. I had 2 with the same name (one from weather channel and other from Microsoft). I was not receiving updates for more than 1 month. After uninstalling I received 24 updates, and already 1 week I am receiving updates every day.
    You're gonna want to take a look over here guys: Help! I'm not getting notified about app updates!