Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

This battery issue is significant. The thing is, everyone uses their phone differently. I see the Battery Discharger app. Shouldn't we all charge our phone up to 100% and run this so we can compare using the same test?
    Last edited by Toolzero; 11-29-2012 at 02:08 PM.

PIN
    No
    Would be a good idea

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    Is it for WP8 though?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    HTC Droid Incredible --> Apple iPhone 4S --> Nokia Lumia 920 --> BlackBerry Z10 --> HTC One --> iPhone 5

Yes, I've got it installed on my 920. I'm going to run it tonight once my phone gets up to 100%.

Ill join you, as soon as I charge mine fully tomorrow. Had some issues with random battery life.

Any way to coordinate our efforts to make them as similiar as possible (IE no BT, no Wifi, no mobile data, no NFC) etc?

How about we reboot, charge to 100%, then run Battery Discharger using its default settings.

I don't think BTs matter much because BD is going to max the CPU to 100%.

What do you think?

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    im doing this right now. i charged to 100% and at 9:46:08 pm est i started my battery discharger.It is now 11:16:40 pm est and my battery meter is almost dead. i will update soon

the phone is getting really hotso i have it by the window to cool off while its working

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I don't know if its normal or not but my battery was fully discharged in 1hour 57 minutes and that's from 100%. Sounds fast to me

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I would suggest using WP Bench, that way you can also compare to other phones as well.

I use WP Bench myself.

Does WP Bench work on WP8? It says it is for WP7.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolzero View Post
    Does WP Bench work on WP8? It says it is for WP7.
    Yes, it worked better than Battery Discharger. Battery Discharger crashed on me a few times.

I just finished running Battery Discharger. I too had a problem with it crashing a few times. It took roughly 2 hours and 17 minutes to discharge completely.

I will trying WP Bench next.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolzero View Post
    I just finished running Battery Discharger. I too had a problem with it crashing a few times. It took roughly 2 hours and 17 minutes to discharge completely.

I will trying WP Bench next.
    I'll race you!

My phone charged from 0% to 100% in 2 hours and 15 minutes, using the factory charger that comes with the phone, and without the phone being used.

Whatever that is worth. I haven't seen any posts about how fast or slow they charge.

Running wpbench battery first thing tomorrow morning. I expect it will take a long time.

The best way to track power usage is to actually measure it .. Nokia has a very good utility that does that on their non-windows smartphones called Nokia Energy Profiler, it will be really nice if they can port it to WP. It can show you battery usage in .25/1s/5s intervals in real time.. both in mA and W. Its really useful because you can measure how much energy your phone requires for different tasks.. for example a regular phone call vs. a skype call over HSDPA/LTE, the music player, idle.. idle with skype on, idle with skype off.. endless information which is really useful.

here is an example,

This is a 30sec. phone call over 3G
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-N.../scr000026.jpg

This is a 30sec. call over Skype using HSDPA
    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-l.../scr000027.jpg

so as expected the skype call requires more power.. good to know. It gives you an est. time based on your current usage.. 4 hours for the skype call and 6h for the normal call.

I haven't run WP Bench yet but I have seen a dramatic improvement in battery life since running Battery Discharger. I'm not saying BD is the reason for the battery improvement, it could be coincidence, but it is much better now.
    Last edited by Toolzero; 12-04-2012 at 10:00 AM.