| | 11-28-2012, 09:43 PM #1
I know there have been a few threads reporting battery life issues on the 920. As I have commented on some of them, I had some battery life issues on my first Lumia 920, now I'm on my 5th day of full discharges/charges on my 2nd Lumia, and I'm absolutely happy with the battery life.
After regular daily use:
- About 15 minutes of checking news; e-mail and notifications in the morning
- Streamed about 3 songs on Xbox Music on my way to the office
- 3 calls of approximately 15 - 20 minutes
- A few text messages (about 15 received and 10 sent)
- Checking WPCentral app a few times throughout the day
- Some light web browsing
- Checking package status on Parcel Tracking
- Taken about 5 pictures and uploading to SkyDrive to edit in a computer.
And this is my Battery Saver settings screen:
57% remaining after 12 hours of use. I can tell I'm very happy with it!!
One thing to consider: While Bluetooth is on (I use it in the car), I've been keeping WiFi off throughout the day. I will probably have it on tomorrow, see if I see any difference in battery consumption and report back here.
In the meanwhile, I will make the same suggestion I have mentioned on other threads: If you are still having battery issues after a week of full discharge/recharge, and you have already followed the settings suggestions posted around this site (like blocking apps from running in the background if you don't need them to) just replace this phone while on warranty. My first Lumia 920 never gave me a day of real decent battery life. The new one is absolutely solid so far.