Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

There is no tamper sticker inside the lumia 920. So i doubt they will know that i have opened the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by dudedud View Post
    There is no tamper sticker inside the lumia 920. So i doubt they will know that i have opened the phone.
    I was wondering the same thing. I didn't see any way for them to tell its been opened.

Quote Originally Posted by zipro View Post
    Calm down people - that's the image stabilized camera! If you don't quit shaking the phones you might very well end up breaking something real here :-)
    It is not the image stabilizer, it is most definitely something heavy like the battery If I tilt my phone from one side to another it actually moves and stays there, and it has heavy feel to it. I have head image stabilizer on my friends 920 and its very faint quite sound.

I can confirm that on my device, the battery was loose by about 1mm. The battery was able to move from left to right and that was producing the shaking noise / feeling.
    I've been able to fix it by putting a small shim on one side of the battery.

I can also confirm that there's no sticker or any visible way to determine if the phone has been opened or not.

Thanks guys, after reading this I checked mine and now I'm going to be paranoid about it. if it is just the battery is it a big deal? Other than knowing it is there it doesn't seem to be bothering anything.

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    This thread is cracking me up. All I can picture is everyone walking around shaking their phones until something is, in fact, loose. 😜

I will get my second Lumia replaced now because of the loose battery. I wouldn't exchange it for it that alone, but it developed also the proximity sensor issue over the last week (for which I had my first Lumia replaced) and creaking noises all over the chassis...
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,773 Global Posts
    Idk, I can feel something, just assumed it was the gyroscope or something. Still not sure if it's an issue or not.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

Quote Originally Posted by UnfixedPyle View Post
    Thanks guys, after reading this I checked mine and now I'm going to be paranoid about it. if it is just the battery is it a big deal? Other than knowing it is there it doesn't seem to be bothering anything.

It is just ennoying. I'm not an expert but I don't think it could affect to phone in the long run. In fact the battery is just not tight...

Quote Originally Posted by Yanoch View Post
    It is just ennoying. I'm not an expert but I don't think it could affect to phone in the long run. In fact the battery is just not tight...
    Yes, it shouldn't be an issue. The battery is not pressed against contacts (where the it could lose contact when moved to far) but connected with a cable, so slight movement should do no harm. Nevertheless, it's annoying.

I got my 2nd Black one now replaced because of that and the re-occuring proximity sensor and dust under FFC and Case creaking issue (which my first black also had). So let's wait until my 3rd one get's delivered from the Care Point. They already shipped it.

I am relieved to see all these posts, I noticed this on the first day on got the phone on release day and posted immediatly and no one responded, there is definetly something loose inside most of them, I went to the store and tested everyone on the shelve, and I have had three and all of them do it. I hope this isn't something that is going to be a problem because it is widespread. And I switched from an iphone and also have a friend with the Galaxy S3 and neither of those have anything loose inside and I shook the **** out of both of them. This loose hardware can be felt in mine eve if I put my phone up to my ear to fast so it's not from shaking it too hard, although because it is in the back of my head I find myself shaking it often. i hope Nokia acknowledges this and tries to fix it for people affected.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I have this same issue, a heavy thud, definitely sounds like the battery, tried every single handset they had at the AT&T Store, and there's no doubt that mine is abnormal. Interestingly, wireless charging does not work on my phone, I tested my charger with a phone in the store, and tried my phone on all the display chargers, all their phones charge wirelessly. Possible relationship between the two problems? Have you guys with "loose batteries" been able to charge wirelessly? Talked to Nokia, they asked me to send the phone in for repair. How have you guys gotten replacements? I'm past my two weeks with AT&T...

Mine is loose and it charges wirelessly no problem

guys if you think you have loose batt problem its very easy to find out and fix. I fixed mine in 3 min! I followed this vid
    Jeff Merritt1 likes this.

if its a light click, then is the OIS, if felt something heavy then definitely the battery.

The first 920 I had made a rattling noise, I returned it and bought a new 920 that doesn't make the noise.

Thanks for the video! Had this issue and was pretty bummed. Fixed my problem in four minutes!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12