Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jdhooghe

Had my 920 since the day it came out and I dont make that many calls with it so i didn't really experience the issue enough to realize I was having it until tonight. Basically whenever I make a phone call the screen is black and stays black until the person i am talking to hangs up. If i hit my side button to get the screen to come back up it will flash for only half a second but then go back to black.

I know it shouldnt be like this because on my old Focus i used to be able to surf the internet or text while i was on a phone call. With this 920 I cannot even hang up on someone or any of the other options available, is this a known issue? Should I just bring the phone into AT&T and have them try and solve it or is there an easy fix on my end to get it straightened out?

I would do a restart of the phone and see if it still does it. If so then either do a hard reset (factory wipe) and try again, or take it back. Maybe a sensor issue when in phone calls if not a little software bug.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

I'm actually having this issue as well - unfortunately restarting the phone hasn't worked for me; I imagine it's a software bug based on this issue existing on WP7 as well. I'm going to reach out to both Nokia and Microsoft for information; if I get any useful responses, I'll post back here.

same problem! :( disappointing - first had to cancel the order for yellow lumia, and now the white one is glitchy

Low tech fix for this - blow into the ear piece to clear all the dust out. it should then work fine - at least that's what fixed it for me.

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tr1cky49 View Post
    Low tech fix for this - blow into the ear piece to clear all the dust out. it should then work fine - at least that's what fixed it for me.

Like Nintendo :P
    CapnPauly likes this.

Don't know if this applies, but I noticed it mentioned on Nokia's website that some screen protectors will not allow the proximity sensor (the one that blacks out the screen when you hold it to your face) to operate properly.

Yeah that can cause the problem too.

I switched from the white to a yellow 920 - this one has no problems what so ever. BUTTT, I dropped my white one once, and the proximity sensor problem went away for about 2 days. Weird eh!?