Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Guitarpik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    224 Posts
       #1  
    So I think I blocked facebook from running in the background before but now I want to unblock it.

    I check the box that says turn background tasks back on for this app the next time I open it, then I go open the app, go back into settings and its still blocked.

    Anyone have the same issue and/or no how to unblock it?
  2. Etyrnus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    340 Posts
    #2  
    I think some else had this issue, and it turn out that it relates to the Facebook lockscreen. Had you used that previously?
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com
  3. tumaykilinc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #3  
    I had this issue with Facebook app, though i never blocked it.
    I re-installed facebook and now it's working fine, but i don't know if there is a fix without re-installing.
  4. Guitarpik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    224 Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Etyrnus View Post
    I think some else had this issue, and it turn out that it relates to the Facebook lockscreen. Had you used that previously?
    Pretty sure I tried it but not currently using it. Should I reinstall the app?
  5. philpeeps's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    #5  
    The Facebook background task is ONLY related to the lockscreen images if you have selected Facebook for your lockscreen image. There is no other background task that Facebook uses. It IS NOT used for notifications, chat, etc.

    It will not unblock if you do not have the lockscreen image selection as Facebook, as there is no other task it needs to run.
  6. Guitarpik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    224 Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    The Facebook background task is ONLY related to the lockscreen images if you have selected Facebook for your lockscreen image. There is no other background task that Facebook uses. It IS NOT used for notifications, chat, etc.

    It will not unblock if you do not have the lockscreen image selection as Facebook, as there is no other task it needs to run.
    Well that sucks cuz im not getting any notifications from facebook and I thought that was the reason.
  7. tai4de2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    110 Posts
    #7  
    I had the same issue on AppointTile. Couldn't figure out how to get notifications working again, and the tile stopped updating. Had to uninstall and reinstall the app.
  8. #8  
    I had the notifications stop showing up for ne, and I realized it happened when I added Facebook to the lock screen in settings. I took it off, and my notifications came back. It's kinda annoying, and I can deal with it, but it needs addressed.
  9. Fareed Jaffar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #9  
    I have blocked Skype and some other apps from the Background tasks and reliezed it could never be unblocked again.
  10. philpeeps's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fareed Jaffar View Post
    I have blocked Skype and some other apps from the Background tasks and reliezed it could never be unblocked again.
    There is no option to block Skype in the background...

Similar Threads

  1. Closing an App to Allow an App to not run inthe background
    By Pwnisher in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-25-2012, 04:49 PM
  2. cant unblock facebook app from running in the background
    By nzrocketman in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 11:37 AM
  3. GPS logging app that can run in the background.
    By jleebiker in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 09:35 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 03:25 PM
  5. Lastfm Really Does Not Run In the Background?
    By stevenmcbeaven in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 03:51 AM

Posting Permissions

B