Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Sites-otterbox_us-Site

Get yours before they sell out!
    Thanked by:
    palandri likes this.

Part of me wants one for protection of my 920, but the other half of me doesn't want the stunning redness to be covered in dull black.

Add to that, the big phone will be made a lot bigger.

decisions.....
    Banned

I'll wait until they hit eBay and Amazon for $20 less

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Why do people buy these type of cases? If you work in construction or are in a lot of outdoor activities (like biking, skating, etc) I can understand it. But if you buy a beautiful phone, why would you cover it up entirely so it's unrecognizable (like when you buy a Ferrari and then cover it up with rubber or foam or something)? Do regular people also buy these type of cases (Otterbox specifically)? Just so I understand, as I have never seen someone with an Otterbox in my country.
    Redspeed93, eallan and fdh94 like this.
    Banned

Because my phone is not a fashion accessory, and I am a big, burly, reckless man. Drive your Ferrari to a Wal-Mart and see if you make it home without some new door dings.

With Kids, my HD7 has tons of abuse, was forever being thrown, and the Otterbox case kept it mint. I'm sure once the novelty has worn off, and the kids get near my 920, i'll probably give in and get a case.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    How much does the commuter add in regards to size? Looks pretty slim and very nice quality. I was going to buy one of WorldShopping TPU cases but if this is that much better and doesn't make the phone much bigger I'll spring for it.

What's the point of keeping a phone mint if you can't see it
    eallan likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxani View Post
    Why do people buy these type of cases? If you work in construction or are in a lot of outdoor activities (like biking, skating, etc) I can understand it. But if you buy a beautiful phone, why would you cover it up entirely so it's unrecognizable (like when you buy a Ferrari and then cover it up with rubber or foam or something)? Do regular people also buy these type of cases (Otterbox specifically)? Just so I understand, as I have never seen someone with an Otterbox in my country.
    When you buy an otterbox case it's all about protection.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nico002 View Post
    I dropped mine off the counter and have a small dent in the corner. Phone still works fine, but if I can put a case on that doesn't hinder the screen or buttons and ports I don't really think I am hiding any part of the phone. The one thing I hate is putting a protector on the screen. Gives a cheap feel to the screen IMO.

(With that said, I used to have a case for my iPhone 3GS but not one on my HTC Shift. After two years my Shift had some good wear and tear on it but was still fully functional.)

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nico002 View Post
    This is why I always use these to protect my phones...they don't scratch and have a lifetime warranty. Pull it off and send it in and they mail you a new one...
    Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

Quote Originally Posted by deuxani View Post
    I will have to agree and disagree. On the agreement side I remember my sister bought one of these for her iPhone and man was that iPhone hideous lol and the funny thing is that she does no kind of construction work or any of that sort like I do. As for me tho I would definitely buy this case because I usually go fishing, biking, hiking, rafting you name it and my occupation is renovation. But when am doing none of the above I really want to feel and boast the sexiness of this phone. Am even iffy about putting a screen protector because I don't want dim the eye popping-ness of this phone.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Board Express

All about peace of mind, same reason people buy insurance or extended warranties. If people anticipate damage to the phone due to the intended use or from past experience, they'll want that protection. If you're just throwing your phone in a car mount and you drive to work, you probably don't have the same level of risk as someone who commutes on the train, etc., or walks, and they don't want to have to hold their phone in their hand the entire time. I take the train to work and I want to be able to put my phone in my pocket or in my bag at work without worrying that it'll get scratched up. Plus I don't use my phone as a fashion accessory that I want to show off to everyone on the street or train. Have also had some experience where I've put my phone (both lumia 920 and iPhone) in my pocket with nothing else in there and it came out with a scratch.

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Cover a big giant phone with a big giant uglier case. No thanks. Take care of your $500 devices people, then you won't need this travesty.
    Pete C likes this.

Global Posts
    875 Global Posts
    I cant find the commuter on their site, I want that but it looks like we're still going to have to wait on that one.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I like the idea of protection, but I just can't make this phone any bigger and heavier than it is already. It fits so perfectly in my hand as it is. Just can't do it. I'll take my chances.

Global Posts
    875 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    I like the idea of protection, but I just can't make this phone any bigger and heavier than it is already. It fits so perfectly in my hand as it is. Just can't do it. I'll take my chances.
    I work in public safety, so at least while at work I feel like im walking around with fine china in my pocket lol.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Well... mayyyybe I could deal with the commuter one. Anyone know if the wireless charging works through these cases?

For those mentioning that they want this so that the phone will be protected when they go fishing - just a warning - Otterbox specifically says that these cases do not protect against water damage...
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Thanked by:

Just to be clear, I wouldn't get a defender personally, it's too bulky =) I'll probably wait to see how the commuter turns out and see how much bulk it adds. I would just like one of those gel cases similar to the ones that Nokia released for the 900 though.

Quote Originally Posted by wingman7000 View Post
    This is why I always use these to protect my phones...they don't scratch and have a lifetime warranty. Pull it off and send it in and they mail you a new one...
    Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG
    I bought a similar one Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protector Shield + Full Body Skin Protector & Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories
    I have to mention that this only covers about 95% of the body. The edges aren't fully covered (it depends on how well you put the shield on but most likely you will see a bit of opening on the top and bottom edges). It's a bit thick and it makes the power button slightly flushed with the screen protector itself, but I don't have any problem with it.. just a slight annoyance. The installation is very easy on the screen with the supplied solution spray) but on the back it's a bit challenging because of the 3 buttons on the side. It requires some patience :)

Anyone have any type of idea how long it takes for these to go onto Amazon.com. I bought an otterbox for my 900 on Amazon with free Prime shipping for around $20...I want a case...but not for $35 plus shipping.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    The rep at my local ATT had one for his yellow 920. It was the most hideous case I have ever seen. It literally doubled the width of the phone. I hope he is planning on doing a lot of rock climbing with his phone. Not all otterboxes are this bad, but this one was. No idea what model it is but it snapped into a belt clip.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    The rep at my local ATT had one for his yellow 920. It was the most hideous case I have ever seen. It literally doubled the width of the phone. I hope he is planning on doing a lot of rock climbing with his phone. Not all otterboxes are this bad, but this one was. No idea what model it is but it snapped into a belt clip.
    The belt clip kind is the defender series...which is rather big and stays true to its name...

If you get the commuter series they are much slimmer without the big clip.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast