Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    What do you guys think? It feels really natural to me to press the windows key while on the start screen and expect a refresh of all the live tiles. Not sure why since it has never worked on wp but every time I click the windows key hoping it refreshes everything but thats not how it works. we must click the app first and then refresh it. Having the option to simply click the windows key and have everything refreshed as well as possibly flip the tiles would help out a lot.

If you like the idea, vote on it over at the feature request I have put in to Microsoft...here's the link.

I like the idea, but I don't think it will happen. When you're at the bottom of your start screen, MS wants the 'Win' key to zoom you back to the top. Having the phone wait to see if there maybe is a second 'refresh' tap on the home key wouldn't be as 'fast and fluid'. That's my guess anyway.

Maybe they could put the same functionality behind a long-press on the home key, and add the usual 'touch buzz' once done.
    I'm in. I'd also be happy with an option to refresh on unlock. Generally speaking, that would be good enough for me.

We would have to look into Apple's patents on double tap too.