Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 149
Like Tree61Likes
  1. ALpHa.Q.RoUgH's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by misterRafter View Post
    on Nokia's announcement it seemed like the L920 was a camera first then a phone. Anyways it's obvious the camera is shyt in daylight and i'd be surprised to see an update very soon.... oh well atleast Nokia confirmed it for me that they are FOS. End of
    I don't know, I'm perfectly fine with my daylight pictures, I came from blackberries and it is 10 times better than that and is almost on par with my 16 MP Titan II. I remember them touting the stabilization and the low-light technology and I'm really satisfied with that so everybody is different.

    FWIW, Samsung just released a camera that also doubles as a phone running android.

    http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/25/s...r-7th-with-3g/
  2. Shap2012's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    49 Posts
       #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by LongLeggs View Post
    You want to take nice pics? Buy yourself a Nikon or Canon SLR. Nuff said.

    Jessica
    Want good sound, go buy external speakers. want powerful processor, buy a desktop PC. Want good phone quality, use a land line... Just a dumb response. This smartphone is SUPPOSE to have an incredible camera, it is/was one of the most significant reasons to buy this phone. Everyone was SO excited and praising how it beat the iPhone camera and now that its out and they daylight photos are a fussy mess, all the Nokia fanboys/girls retort to "go buy a DSLR". I own a frickin DSLR, thats not the point. Why can't this brand new flagship smart phone with a Carl Zeiss lens beat out a year old iPhone whos strongest selling point wasn't even its camera?

    I want Nokia to improve, so I criticize and have strong expectations (like have a better camera than a 4S iphone). If everyone was as passive as you, we'd all be walking around with DSLR's on our shoulder and 1.3mp camera phones.
    luckylifo and congusano like this.
  3. vlad0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    934 Posts
    #78  
    I would go for the 920 camera over any other smartphone (bar one) just for the sound recording...

  4. Reeves's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    #79  
    Well, obviously mileage varies, but the pictures are anything but a fuzzy mess or blurry for me. Not only are low light photos way beyond the competition, but medium light no flash ones excel as well. Video recording is far, far better.

    If those advantages are meaningless to you, WHY would you have bought this phone in the first place?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    ALpHa.Q.RoUgH likes this.
  5. JonesCK1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    57 Posts
    #80  
    Look at these Nokia Lumia 920 day time shots. People having trouble with blurry shots should forget using the 2 stage shutter button, enable tap on screen to shoot and make sure you tap on the point of interest, that's where the lumia will focus on, but not everyone knows this, they either half press the shutter button and then move sligtly when pressing harder or let the subject move and don't refocus, or when using tap to shoot, they tap anywhere on the screen instead of the point of focus. :p

    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9360650&type=1
  6. sasha055's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #81  
    Everyone who says that daylight pictures with Lumia are good never tried to take a picture with iPhone, and user error and hardware fault is BS.
    I live around MS, everyone here has a windows phone, most of them 920s. All my firends admit that:
    Daylight pictures are soft! iPhone is much much better at it.
    I still love my YELLOW 920 (waited 2 weeks for it) and I really hope that we will get a software update.

    oh and for the ppl who have the "buy a DSLR" line.. Camera is one of the most advertised features of Lumia 920.. and it sucks
  7. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by sasha055 View Post
    Everyone who says that daylight pictures with Lumia are good never tried to take a picture with iPhone, and user error and hardware fault is BS.
    I live around MS, everyone here has a windows phone, most of them 920s. All my firends admit that:
    Daylight pictures are soft! iPhone is much much better at it.
    I still love my YELLOW 920 (waited 2 weeks for it) and I really hope that we will get a software update.

    oh and for the ppl who have the "buy a DSLR" line.. Camera is one of the most advertised features of Lumia 920.. and it sucks
    Damn you people spend a lot of time *****ing and whining. If everything is so sunshine and lollipops with iPhone go back to your ****ing iPhone.
  8. congusano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    382 Posts
    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesCK1 View Post
    Look at these Nokia Lumia 920 day time shots. People having trouble with blurry shots should forget using the 2 stage shutter button, enable tap on screen to shoot and make sure you tap on the point of interest, that's where the lumia will focus on, but not everyone knows this, they either half press the shutter button and then move sligtly when pressing harder or let the subject move and don't refocus, or when using tap to shoot, they tap anywhere on the screen instead of the point of focus. :p

    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9360650&type=1
    These are actually a horrible representation of what the 920 can do in daytime photos. They are either HIGHLY edited or taken of close up items, which is not what the issue with the phone is.

    I guarantee that I know how to shoot an image, and standing side by side with my iphone 4 and the 920, the iphone 4 just simply look sharper and clearer for almost every single daylight, outdoor picture. If it is someting "I" am doing wrong, I doubt Stephen Elop and others would have said that a fix is coming. Surely they are aware of it too.
  9. Reeves's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by sasha055 View Post
    Everyone who says that daylight pictures with Lumia are good never tried to take a picture with iPhone, and user error and hardware fault is BS.
    I live around MS, everyone here has a windows phone, most of them 920s. All my firends admit that:
    Daylight pictures are soft! iPhone is much much better at it.
    I still love my YELLOW 920 (waited 2 weeks for it) and I really hope that we will get a software update.

    oh and for the ppl who have the "buy a DSLR" line.. Camera is one of the most advertised features of Lumia 920.. and it sucks
    No offense, but that's a laughable assessment.

    The camera module excels in SO many areas in both photo and video, but daytime default pictures are somewhat comparatively soft in the brightest conditions. How does that make camera suck, again? This is like buying an Audi A8L and saying "Sure, it's stylish, roomy, well-built, and fun to drive...but it's no good off-roading. Audi tried to make this seem like the be-all, end all, therefore the car sucks!"

    Very few consumer electronics products do EVERYTHING great. Nokia from the very beginning said it was a great low-light and video device with optical image stabilization that helps steady photo and video. They more than delivered on all of that. iPhones and Galaxy S 3 devices excel in ONE area...sometimes. The Lumia 920 camera excels in video picture quality, video audio quality, low light photography, medium light photography, Smart Shoot face aggregation....but yet it "sucks"?!?
  10. Reeves's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    These are actually a horrible representation of what the 920 can do in daytime photos. They are either HIGHLY edited or taken of close up items, which is not what the issue with the phone is.

    I guarantee that I know how to shoot an image, and standing side by side with my iphone 4 and the 920, the iphone 4 just simply look sharper and clearer for almost every single daylight, outdoor picture. If it is someting "I" am doing wrong, I doubt Stephen Elop and others would have said that a fix is coming. Surely they are aware of it too.
    Sigh. There was a conscious choice made to use aggressive "noise reduction" on the 920 picture processing, just as there was a conscious choice to bias toward little-to-no noise reduction on current iPhone imagining modules. The Nokia decision was to make low-light pictures look even better coupled with the huge amount of light the hardware brought in. The iPhone decision was made to best highlight their hardware capabilities.

    The difference is you can increase sharpness or clarity in post easily with a Lumia until that becomes the default processing setting. The iPhone 4 or 5 cannot be updated to get the video picture or audio quality of the Lumia 920, nor can it match its low or moderate light capabilities. Somehow, in the twisted logic of this forum, that means the iPhone has a better camera.

    Meanwhile, some of us extensively take low or moderate light photography with family and friends INDOORS. And I assure you, the camera rocks for those of us who appreciate what it is actually supposed to do.
    cameradork likes this.
  11. congusano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    382 Posts
    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdaynight View Post
    Sigh. There was a conscious choice made to use aggressive "noise reduction" on the 920 picture processing, just as there was a conscious choice to bias toward little-to-no noise reduction on current iPhone imagining modules. The Nokia decision was to make low-light pictures look even better coupled with the huge amount of light the hardware brought in. The iPhone decision was made to best highlight their hardware capabilities.

    The difference is you can increase sharpness or clarity in post easily with a Lumia until that becomes the default processing setting. The iPhone 4 or 5 cannot be updated to get the video picture or audio quality of the Lumia 920, nor can it match its low or moderate light capabilities. Somehow, in the twisted logic of this forum, that means the iPhone has a better camera.

    Meanwhile, some of us extensively take low or moderate light photography with family and friends INDOORS. And I assure you, the camera rocks for those of us who appreciate what it is actually supposed to do.

    I never said the iphone4 was better overall. I have posted several times how great macro and low light shots are with the 920. I merely commented on my opinion about taking outdoor, daylight shots and compared the lumia with the iphone.

    I believe the lumia is an amazing device that has potential to make me never use a point and shoot again and just stick with either my lumia or my Canon DSLR. I just wish that its default post-processing was changed a bit to not reduce the quality so much of outdoor shots.
  12. Dr Arnheim's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #87  
    Also the nightlife shots are blurry (although less obvious because of noise low-light etc.) it's not a daylight issue ...

    Quote Originally Posted by lostdaynight View Post
    No offense, but that's a laughable assessment.

    The camera module excels in SO many areas in both photo and video, but daytime default pictures are somewhat comparatively soft in the brightest conditions. How does that make camera suck, again? This is like buying an Audi A8L and saying "Sure, it's stylish, roomy, well-built, and fun to drive...but it's no good off-roading. Audi tried to make this seem like the be-all, end all, therefore the car sucks!"

    Very few consumer electronics products do EVERYTHING great. Nokia from the very beginning said it was a great low-light and video device with optical image stabilization that helps steady photo and video. They more than delivered on all of that. iPhones and Galaxy S 3 devices excel in ONE area...sometimes. The Lumia 920 camera excels in video picture quality, video audio quality, low light photography, medium light photography, Smart Shoot face aggregation....but yet it "sucks"?!?
  13. Reeves's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    I never said the iphone4 was better overall. I have posted several times how great macro and low light shots are with the 920. I merely commented on my opinion about taking outdoor, daylight shots and compared the lumia with the iphone.

    I believe the lumia is an amazing device that has potential to make me never use a point and shoot again and just stick with either my lumia or my Canon DSLR. I just wish that its default post-processing was changed a bit to not reduce the quality so much of outdoor shots.
    But even with daylight shots....not everyone has the same experience. I've taken a good number of outdoor photos of my wife and kids in the past week or two. Due to the personal nature, I'm not posting them here. But I don't believe my outdoor shots are mediocre or soft at all. I've gotten a number of complements on them. I love them. Learning how to compose a photo accounts for more quality than in-camera processing. Additionally, I tweak in either Fhotoroom or Nokia Creative Studio on all of my pictures to fine tune after the fact.

    But even in bright light, I find Lumia to capture more accurate color and to be less susceptible to light blowing out parts of the frame. These things matter, just as "sharpness" does. I get it if people are underwhelmed with default daylight sharpness. That's one facet out of about 10-15 I can think of that go into a photo/video imaging device, and the Lumia 920 almost unarguably aces the vast majority of these.
  14. Reeves's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Arnheim View Post
    Also the nightlife shots are blurry (although less obvious because of noise low-light etc.) it's not a daylight issue ...
    Not my experience at all.
  15. kcovert's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    52 Posts
    #90  
    I am a fanboy and have seen unbiased posts showing the softness. I also blieve it will get corrected. Dark light pictures have been excellent, light or dark blurryness has not been an issue for me although I ocasionally do get a blurry picture. It seems to be more likley when I shoot pictures using the button versus tapping the screen to click.
  16. sasha055's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdaynight View Post
    No offense, but that's a laughable assessment.

    The camera module excels in SO many areas in both photo and video, but daytime default pictures are somewhat comparatively soft in the brightest conditions. How does that make camera suck, again? This is like buying an Audi A8L and saying "Sure, it's stylish, roomy, well-built, and fun to drive...but it's no good off-roading. Audi tried to make this seem like the be-all, end all, therefore the car sucks!"

    Very few consumer electronics products do EVERYTHING great. Nokia from the very beginning said it was a great low-light and video device with optical image stabilization that helps steady photo and video. They more than delivered on all of that. iPhones and Galaxy S 3 devices excel in ONE area...sometimes. The Lumia 920 camera excels in video picture quality, video audio quality, low light photography, medium light photography, Smart Shoot face aggregation....but yet it "sucks"?!?
    If Audi A8L was advertised for offroading.. then it would suck. And I agree that there are a lot of good things going on for 920, that's why I have a lumia 920 not an iPhone5, however when 80% of pics you take with your phone are soft and blurry.. for me this means "Camera SUCKS", I do agree that Video and nght shot pictures are best in class.

    And no I'm not gonna buy an iPhone, if I wanted one I would've got one, I'm in Att slavery anyway, What I want is to make enough noise so the camera software will actually get fixed.
  17. sasha055's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalWarrior View Post
    Damn you people spend a lot of time *****ing and whining. If everything is so sunshine and lollipops with iPhone go back to your ****ing iPhone.
    If I wanted an iPhone I wouldn't have waited 2 weeks to get a Lumia.. and people like you are the reason that companies usually don't fix ****.. they know that "some ppl" will take it anyway
  18. n3rfh3rd3r's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    545 Posts
    Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    #93  
    And no I'm not gonna buy an iPhone, if I wanted one I would've got one, I'm in Att slavery anyway, What I want is to make enough noise so the camera software will actually get fixed.

    Making noise is one thing, but posting here on the WPC forums is much like putting your car into neutral and pushing the gas pedal all the way down.
    Thanked by:
    JConn_Lefty likes this.
  19. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    712 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    You know what sucks? More threads about how this phone supposedly sucks because of one reason or another. Suck it up, buttercup and exchange your phone if it isn't working properly. If it isn't what you had hoped or expected, return it and get another device. Past the 14 days? Sell it.

    Just don't feel that after finding out the phone isn't the second coming of Christ you have some sort of moral obligation to come onto a message board and demonstrate your disdain over the Lumia 920, Nokia and AT&T.
    It's a forum where people come to post their issues and problems. If you have a problem with that I suggest you ignore these posts and only stick to ones with pictures of people drooling over their Lumia 920. The guy is entitled to his opinion. He doesn't like the camera. He is fully entitled to this post. Just because you're satisfied with your Lumia 920 doesn't mean the whole world is.
    The more I view threads on WP Central the more its obvious that you just cannot post about a WP8 related issue because someone like this guy (the guy I quoted) will come and act like a hero. People like you make potential new forum members from signing up.
  20. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    712 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalWarrior View Post
    Damn you people spend a lot of time *****ing and whining. If everything is so sunshine and lollipops with iPhone go back to your ****ing iPhone.
    Calm down dude. The reason he compared it with the iPhone is because its the benchmark whether that fact pinches you the wrong way or not. People will stop comparing it with the iPhone when Windows Phone will have 30-40% share and iPhone has 3% share.
  21. based_graham's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    626 Posts
    #96  
    The 920 is a true point and shoot. Sure the day light photos are soft whatever that's what Creative Studio is for. But the point is you can point in show in low, medium, high lights and get good pictures.
  22. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdaynight View Post

    Meanwhile, some of us extensively take low or moderate light photography with family and friends INDOORS. And I assure you, the camera rocks for those of us who appreciate what it is actually supposed to do.
    You will see me defending the Lumia (and the camera) all over the forum. But your argument seems to be that Nokia made a camera phone with really good night shots at the expense of days shots. I would say, that if that is true, they shot themselves in the foot. YOU may take a bunch of low light shots, but I think the average user does not. People like to go outside. Not everyone sits inside and takes pics of family. I get where you are coming from. It sounds like you are happy with the compromise. But I think others are not. And that is fair too, no?
  23. Vaas's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by tehkei View Post
    You are holding it wrong.
    LOL nice.

    I love the camera and coming from an Iphone4 it is far better. maybe something wrong with your camera?
  24. ALpHa.Q.RoUgH's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    Calm down dude. The reason he compared it with the iPhone is because its the benchmark whether that fact pinches you the wrong way or not. People will stop comparing it with the iPhone when Windows Phone will have 30-40% share and iPhone has 3% share.
    Or maybe it could be that if people is looking to buy a phone for its camera then you might as well buy the Iphone. I mean it has been the benchmark for what 2 years? The 808 is not sold over here.
  25. EliteMikes's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    104 Posts
    #100  
    I am pretty disappointed with it myself, especially after seeing the verge post the nice shots. I hope it's only software and it certainly does seem to be the case. It's either bad jpeg compression or they are trying to do too much processing on the photo. Personally I'd like to see a raw option. I haven't looked at the camera API or the new lens API enough to know if quality issues happen at that level or not.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone else a little disappointed with the 820?
    By Terantek in forum Nokia Lumia 820
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 01:24 PM
  2. Nokia Lumia 910 with 12MP camera coming this summer for the UK?
    By aubreyq in forum Upcoming & Rumored Devices
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 07:22 PM

Posting Permissions

B