Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

I couldn't find full resolution samples of the S II right now, however, from what I have seen on low resolution samples, I think you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lesd777 View Post
    This camera blows away my s2 skyrocket. No comparison. I can't comment on the 920 vs an iPhone, but so far I'm happy with the results.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I am in the exact same boat as you.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    I think someone's peeling are hurt..
    Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    You know what sucks? More threads about how this phone supposedly sucks because of one reason or another. Suck it up, buttercup and exchange your phone if it isn't working properly. If it isn't what you had hoped or expected, return it and get another device. Past the 14 days? Sell it.

Just don't feel that after finding out the phone isn't the second coming of Christ you have some sort of moral obligation to come onto a message board and demonstrate your disdain over the Lumia 920, Nokia and AT&T.
    Sent from my HTC Titan 2 using Board Express
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    I have yet to get a blur or bad night or indoor shot. And I did find that tapping the screen did make a difference in the daytime shots.

Quote Originally Posted by stmav View Post
    I have yet to get a blur or bad night or indoor shot. And I did find that tapping the screen did make a difference in the daytime shots.
    I will try that out to see if it helps, however the color balance and white balance wont be affected.

I for one welcome all opinions on this forum, makes research much easier.
    Please do share your photos though. Words and all won't help your rant too much.

I would love to see 2 threads in wpcentral for 920 photography, one showing its absolute best, another showing where it falls short in comparison with other phones.

Is it true nokia are bringing a software update to the camera? someone on here told me so?

One interesting thing is also that if you take picture for example of a vase 3m away and then take picture of the same vase but zoom digitally as close as possible. Now compare the photos so that you zoom in the first photo to "same size" as latter one. Picture taken with digitally zoomed one is so much more crisp?!? How the heck is that possible? Shouldn't the detail be about the same in both?

Something is wrong, I just don't know what.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have the iPhone 5 which I tested against the 920, Seems in daylight the 920 turns out a soft picture and does not actually render the picture as you see on the screen. you can actually see it change to a softer pic as it saves and scrolls left. iPhone 5 on the other hand saves the pic correctly. Indoor and night time pics are better on the Lumia 920. Which produces a lot less noise but still soft but very acceptable. IPhone 5 seems to produce pics a tad sharper indoors but produces a lot of noise which does not look very good. Creative studio fixes the issue by bumping up the clarity. but Nokia needs to push out a software update to remedy the issue of saving the pics incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Emcee View Post
    Just a tip, tap the screen to take a picture instead of using the camera button. I was using the button (half press to focus, then full press) and I couldn't get a clear shot to save my left. Then I just let the phone handle it haha.
    I agree with this. Using my wife's L920, I had a lot more success tapping the screen than using the camera button. The night photos are nothing short of remarkable. Of course, you can't have a moving subject, and you still have to attempt to hold your hand fairly still. The lens is open for a long time.

I agree that the iPhone takes better photos in the day time. I'm not sure if it's a post-processing issue or not. I would imagine so, since Nokia has made some amazing cameras with other phones like the N8 and the 808. Their lenses are top notch for camera phones. If it's a post-processing or software settings issue, then it should be able to be corrected with an update.

It is also strange that the blur does not show up in macro mode / macro pictures ... Nokia the update PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDjob View Post
    One interesting thing is also that if you take picture for example of a vase 3m away and then take picture of the same vase but zoom digitally as close as possible. Now compare the photos so that you zoom in the first photo to "same size" as latter one. Picture taken with digitally zoomed one is so much more crisp?!? How the heck is that possible? Shouldn't the detail be about the same in both?

Something is wrong, I just don't know what.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robbymobby View Post
    I have the iPhone 5 which I tested against the 920, Seems in daylight the 920 turns out a soft picture and does not actually render the picture as you see on the screen. you can actually see it change to a softer pic as it saves and scrolls left. iPhone 5 on the other hand saves the pic correctly. Indoor and night time pics are better on the Lumia 920. Which produces a lot less noise but still soft but very acceptable. IPhone 5 seems to produce pics a tad sharper indoors but produces a lot of noise which does not look very good. Creative studio fixes the issue by bumping up the clarity. but Nokia needs to push out a software update to remedy the issue of saving the pics incorrectly.
    It's because the 920 is taking photos in daylight the same way as it does in lowlight. If Nokia fixes this, I can assure you that photos will be a lot more crisp and clear. I've seen some of the photos people have taken with the HTC Titan, and it really does help if you fiddle just a little with the settings, incase you're taking a photo of something really important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shap2012 View Post
    Night try adding any slight movement to the scene and its all a blur.
    I can't imagine your dissappointment when you realize every freakin camera on the planet does this in low light without flash...
    Moocowdeluxe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by technostein View Post
    Is it true nokia are bringing a software update to the camera? someone on here told me so?
    Its rather vague ... but I am sure there will be an update/s

Nokia Lumia 920 Imaging Q&A with Juha Alakarhu and Eero Salmelin : My Nokia Blog

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Can't say I agree at all. I've used an iPhone 4S camera and my wife's Evo LTE 4G (HTC One X, i.e. the same camera in the 8x).

While I wished Windows Phone allowed for natural burst mode without having to open SmartShoot (on the One X, you just hold down the camera button and let it go as long you like), I'm seeing the same quality of pictures across each camera when it comes to daytime photos. In the case that the 920 falls a bit behind, I simply tap "Edit", then "Auto-Fix" and the image is usually brought right up to where it needs to be.

However, low light performance isn't just night-time photography. It means shooting indoors a lot of the time, frequently in fluorescent store or home lighting, and that's where a LOT of magic happens with my two young boys. Here, I've gotten a lot of shots that just would've been difficult to capture with the other two cameras.

Trust me, HTC HYPED that new camera module+ImageSense chip like crazy when they announced the One X showing "samples" of how it trounced the iPhone for light captured and picture clarity. I don't think anyone with a 8X or a One X would say this is the case, myself included. In my opinion, Nokia has finally fulfilled that promise. The video capture is also first rate, and all of my family members have remarked on how great the video and pictures of the kids is that I've sent out. I'm happy with it. They are. If Nokia can squeeze even more quality out of this module, great. But I think they already have one of the best shooters in the industry.

If anybody can honestly look at the medium-light, low-light and video samples of this camera and deem that it "sucks", I don't know what to tell them. The bright daytime stuff can be "fixed in post" as they say. What's the problem?
    Moocowdeluxe likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaj324 View Post
    I think someone's peeling are hurt..

Sent from my HTC Titan 2 using Board Express
    I think it's more entertaining that you coulding spell feeling (# 1) and didn't use feelings (# 2) in your click-bait response to my post. Also, your signature says you are posting from an HTC 8X but your tagline at the end of your post says an HTC Titan 2. Which is it?

By the way, I don't get butthurt over something I read on a message board. What I do get tired of are people that make generalizations and act as if they are speaking on behalf of or in addition to this ever widening population of users that have issues with their Lumia 920. Based on all the issues its simply amazing you keep your phone.

I'm banking on the software fix helping out. I'll post up some side by side pictures with my 4S today or tomorrow
    I honestly think people were expecting some sort of DSLR out of this camera. All of the posts about not being able to take pics in pitch black situations, softer photos, etc. It's on par during the day with my iPhone and better at night. I do notice you need a slightly steadier hand at night, but nothing terrible. To each his own. The camera is not even on my list of issues with this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    I think it's more entertaining that you coulding spell feeling (# 1)
    What was that now?
    iamtim likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    To each his own.
    This.

The Lumia 920 was never going to be everyone's cup of tea. If you like it - great. If you don't - that's fine too.

I don't lurk around the iPhone forums and Android forums and complain to them about how bad their phones are. Sell the phone, leave the community. Don't fan the flames and start turf wars.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    I honestly think people were expecting some sort of DSLR out of this camera. All of the posts about not being able to take pics in pitch black situations, softer photos, etc. It's on par during the day with my iPhone and better at night. I do notice you need a slightly steadier hand at night, but nothing terrible. To each his own. The camera is not even on my list of issues with this phone.
    LOL!

I'm only a grammar nazi in training.

im having a issue with the sharpness. when i click the shutter the camera focus properly but image is blurred/less sharp

The hardware is actually very good for a phone - maybe the best out there right now aside from the Pureview 808. The in-camera processing software isn't very good yet, which accounts for some of the sharpness and CA issues it has. I've heard that they're working on fixing it.

^ Yes.. I agree.. I hope that they can extract the maximum out of it by the end of the year :) But even in its current state.. its still the best camera package out there. The only two phones that are better are Nokia's own N8 and 808.

Quote Originally Posted by lostdaynight View Post
    Can't say I agree at all. I've used an iPhone 4S camera and my wife's Evo LTE 4G (HTC One X, i.e. the same camera in the 8x).
    The fact that they have identical camera modules doesn't necessarily mean that they will perform in exactly the same way under two completely different operating systems. Just saying.. general info.

Global Posts
    872 Global Posts
    \\

left is skydrive download, right is gmailed to myself.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast