Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. UserName872's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #1  
    Picked up my Lumia 920 last week before Thanksgiving and LOVE it! There are aspects I knew I would give up coming from my Galaxy S3 app-wise but I was prepared to live without it for the time being in order to jump into WP8 and a fresh interface.

    That being said... I have an external facing box on my home network that I can access via application (not currently available on WP8) or by web address http://webaddresshere.com:9200 or :8081. The problem is while I can live without the application for the phone, I need to be able to at least view from the web address and IE on WP8 tells me that these type of web addresses are not support in IE mobile... I've tested on several other WP8 devices just to be sure and received the same result.

    I looked around the app store for an alternate browser that's compatible but I'm not having much luck without Firefox or Chrome, etc... Does anyone have any similar experience or a workaround for this? I really want to keep the phone but without being able to access these types of pages it will have to go back until they become accessible via WP8. It really is a shame that this is the one stupid thing blocking me from being 100% satisfied with my device.

    Thanks for your advice in advance!
  2. Hibalt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #2  
    Did you try setting the browser to desktop mode?
  3. congusano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    382 Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by UserName872 View Post
    Picked up my Lumia 920 last week before Thanksgiving and LOVE it! There are aspects I knew I would give up coming from my Galaxy S3 app-wise but I was prepared to live without it for the time being in order to jump into WP8 and a fresh interface.

    That being said... I have an external facing box on my home network that I can access via application (not currently available on WP8) or by web address http://webaddresshere.com:9200 or :8081. The problem is while I can live without the application for the phone, I need to be able to at least view from the web address and IE on WP8 tells me that these type of web addresses are not support in IE mobile... I've tested on several other WP8 devices just to be sure and received the same result.

    I looked around the app store for an alternate browser that's compatible but I'm not having much luck without Firefox or Chrome, etc... Does anyone have any similar experience or a workaround for this? I really want to keep the phone but without being able to access these types of pages it will have to go back until they become accessible via WP8. It really is a shame that this is the one stupid thing blocking me from being 100% satisfied with my device.

    Thanks for your advice in advance!
    I have a webcam at home that monitors my sons crib. I have it port forwarded to port 81 and on my phone, I can hit my external ip address with the port added at the end http://70.xxx.xxx.xxx:81 and it works fine for me.
  4. jaimeastin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    #4  
    Try IP Camera Viewer from the app store. I use it and it is really nice. Though, if you use trendnet cameras, the the appended string should be edited from mjpeg to mjpg.

    I
    The app works with a lot of brands and probably some not even listed...
  5. UserName872's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibalt View Post
    Did you try setting the browser to desktop mode?
    Did but no luck :(

    Interesting that it is working for webcams though! Will keep trying and report back!
  6. B T C's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    157 Posts
    #6  
    I was able to verify connectivity via my phone to an internet accessible server here at work by typing in the ip address and port number.
  7. UserName872's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by B T C View Post
    I was able to verify connectivity via my phone to an internet accessible server here at work by typing in the ip address and port number.
    I still haven't been able to :(

    Currently using my GS3 daily while I try to figure it out. It drives me insane not being able to use the device!

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  8. B T C's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    157 Posts
    #8  
    Can you use an IP Address and port, and have you tried, or do you have to use a URL?
  9. jiteshghushe's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #9  
    Same issue I cant check my webmail http://mail.xxxxxxx.com:9998 or 3000 . I think ports are blocked by my mobiles service provider.
  10. johninsj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    373 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jiteshghushe View Post
    Same issue I cant check my webmail http://mail.xxxxxxx.com:9998 or 3000 . I think ports are blocked by my mobiles service provider.
    perhaps. using the uri with :port on the end should and does work in wp8
  11. RuleOfSines's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    111 Posts
    #11  
    I've gotten that error before, though only when i forget to actually type the "http://" part.
  12. Necroscope's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    92 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by RuleOfSines View Post
    I've gotten that error before, though only when i forget to actually type the "http://" part.

    same here, have to use http:// prefix

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 03:22 PM
  2. Unable to load some websites when only on data connection
    By Billone in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2012, 05:47 PM
  3. Unable to Connect to Skydrive
    By Oldmajor in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 06:59 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 06:35 AM
  5. Unable to connect to Wifi?
    By jalb in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 06:36 PM

Posting Permissions

B