Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SteveISU
  1.    #1  
    Whenever I shake mine (i.e. fb updates), it fees like the vibration mechanism inside is loose. There is definitely something that has weight moving around in there. You all feel the same??? Or am I making a trip back to AT&T?

Global Posts
    850 Global Posts
    How hard are you shaking it? Can of Krylon or make a baby a tard?? I have no sound.
    Thanked by:
    david90531 and thekonger like this.

The camera is weighted with springs.
  4.    #4  
    Do you feel the shake though?
  5.    #5  
    Got it replaced. The shaking innards were a defect, screen was a bit off, buttons were loose and OS was a mess. This new phone is EXACTLY what I was expecting when I imagined the phone before the first debacle.

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I can feel the camera mechanism shake a little bit sometimes when I pick up my phone.

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    No issues with mine other than the standard slight rattle of the buttons

its the battery! had the same prob with mine. and the vibrate was weird. go get another one! my second 920(first was cyan, now i have white) is perfect! except im pretty sure all 920's have dust leaking into the ffc

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I just shake mine like a polaroid picture
    No issues with it, I do feel the camera just a little bit, but nothing to be worried about.
    Owned Smartphones:
    HTC PPC-6700 > HTC Touch Diamond > Samsung Moment > iPhone 4 32GB > HTC HD7S > Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920
    Funny I can hear and feel something shaking inside not to mention theirs a smudge about an inch by the ffc I can clear the smudge away with a cloth but it comes back after a while.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I got my white one today and I hear **** shaking around inside the phone, also the vibration is really, really weird. It sounds like the device is about to break and you hear that it is not right.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I use mine as a shake weight
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktay Gardener View Post
    I got my white one today and I hear **** shaking around inside the phone, also the vibration is really, really weird. It sounds like the device is about to break and you hear that it is not right.
    I'd say vibration on Nokia phones are indeed a bit louder than some other phones when new. It doesn't bothers me that much, but I believe it might have something to do with the camera mounted on springs. It can be annoying at first for some people coming from other brands, but I'm used to it and it doesn't annoys me anymore since after a few weeks of having my first Lumia (900 earlier this year)
    Owned Smartphones:
    HTC PPC-6700 > HTC Touch Diamond > Samsung Moment > iPhone 4 32GB > HTC HD7S > Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920

I just discovered that my black 920 feels like there us something heavy loose inside the phone when I shake it as well. It def concerns me. It feels too significant to be the camera. Battery maybe? I can't imagine it will be good in the long run. Might have to head to ATT this weekend.

Real piece of s***! I have had it for 27 days and a few days ago it started rattling, and Sherlock it ain't the camera! I feel something heavy hitting the sides when shaking it. The carriers are real *** here and won't replace a phone, they maybe send it to repair!!! All they are going to do is glue battery!

No sound when shaking my L920, of course I won't shake it like a maniac cuz it's my baby. But yeah if you simply shake your phone and can hear or feel stuff inside you should get it replaced

It does sound like something is loose, like the battery. Should I be worried about it? It's only been a month with this phone and I'll past exchange or return policy for AT&T (or so I've been told).
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

I had a rattle in my Yellow Lumia. So even though i was past my 28 day returns period i spoke to live chat on phone 4 u and they said i can get a new one. Called customer service and ay first they wanted me to send it in as it was past 28 days but then i mentioned that live chat said i could have a new one. So she put me on hold while she spoke to her manager and they agreed that i could have a new. ;) picked up my new one that same day and it doesn't have a rattle. Vibration is abit mental but that doesn't bother me.

Too many people have this issue including myself. Really disappointed with their quality

Yea, my second Lumia had this issue. You don't have to shake it too hard to hear/feel it either. When I shook it it had the normal "floating lense sound" but it also felt like the battery was loose. My 1st and 3rd Lumia's never had this issue and it is in fact a defect. Also just to note that the vibration from the phone became a lot better after the fix.

thankfully my Red Nokia 920 has no rattle.

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    If I shake mine side to side I could feel something move a little. I took the Sim card out and the 2 screws out of the bottom to find out what it was and it is the battery moving ever so slightly back and forth. It doesn't bother me cuz it's not much but if it did, I could have easily padded it a bit with something.
    Last edited by phirefly; 12-31-2012 at 12:41 PM.

I got my replacement 920 today after my other one died last week. Nokia seems to have held the battery down better now. I shook my new phone and no movement at all.

Went to Nokia service center trying to get it fix but they refuse to acknowledge this is a defect. There are so many unpleasant after sales experience for me these few months with regards to their Lumia phones

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chinlj View Post
    Went to Nokia service center trying to get it fix but they refuse to acknowledge this is a defect. There are so many unpleasant after sales experience for me these few months with regards to their Lumia phones
    Oh yeah. After having three defective lumia's (different problems too!) I thought Nokia had great service, they called me up real quick and promised a new phone in a few days. Every call/email to them for over a month ended with "you'll have a replacement this week for sure". By the time I finally got my fourth phone, I had been using an 8x for a week. That new 920 went right on ebay, stupid POS.