Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts
    I was wondering if many people would be getting a case for their new Lumia 920?
    I usually prefer a rubberized case which doesn't add too much extra weight and makes it less slippery.

Can anyone recommend a case for the red model?

Thanks for any info.

-Rich

You really do not need a case, maybe only for decoration. If the phone falls, ground will shatter. I have dropped mine 4 times already not even a dent / scratch.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Definitely getting one. I can't afford a phone every year, so my 920 has to last me a while. I know Nokia has the most durable phones, but a 2 foot drop on tile already made a dent on the corner of my black 920, so I'm not taking any chances. Buying an Otterbox commuter as soon as it comes out if casemate isn't going to make any cases for it.

As for a case right now, I bought a hard snap on case from eBay. If you're looking to buy a soft case there's plenty of eBay. Many people like the Fosmon cases. Plus it comes in clear so you can show all the red off :P
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,047 Global Posts
    The are already reports of broken screens on the 920's from dropping them, Here's one example: 920 Screen replacement

A little extra protection can't hurt. I like otterbox, but a lot of people think they make the phone too big.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I am not planning on getting a case. Based on the phone torture videos I have seen the 920 is pretty durable. I have never bought a protective case for a phone, never had a problem and if the 920 does break I have insurance. BTW I have never owned an iPhone but after watching a coworker's screen crack like a spider's web after being knocked from a desk I would get one.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Kaukidi View Post
    You really do not need a case, maybe only for decoration. If the phone falls, ground will shatter. I have dropped mine 4 times already not even a dent / scratch.
    It's a bit of luck and physics. If you hit the ground at the right angle you could have shattered the screen or damaged something internally. There are people who have dropped the phone from 2'-3' and ruined the phone. I don't personally have a case for mine and I don't see any that really jump out at me at this point.

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I bought a defender Otterbox to hold me off until they release the commuter case. I have a yellow gloss case on the way too. I'll probably put a full body zagg protector on this to prevent from scratching.

I always put a case on my phone, the only drawback are the lack of cases that have appealed to me so far so I dropped 40 on a case from ATT :/. I love the case quite a bit, the phone feels better in my hands, gives me a sturdier feel than it already had and the phone still looks good.

My phone hit the ground after falling about 6" from my pocket when I was sitting on the ground, quite a few scratches and dented 2 corners. I went out and bought an otterbox after that. Not the case I wanted but not a lot of selection right now. I think i'll want the commuter when it comes out.

I have a leather holster for my L920, but no screen protectors or plastic boxes for me. I'll be careful and not drop it (famous last words)...

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Kaukidi View Post
    This guy doesn't seem to agree with you.

I got a rubber case because I find the lumia is slippery ! Lol And I got a screen protector because I want this phone to last me 3 years. I also got insurance on it too. :) So far I have kept it in great condition! :)

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Naw I like living on the edge haven't dropped my 810 as of yet but I also won't baby it either. No screen protector either I went through all that with my BB if I drop it and it breaks square trade is you best friend.

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I just dropped mine today. 2 feet drop onto a ceramic tile. It hit the floor with the corner right next to the sim card tray. I would say that this is a weaker part of the phone. The thinner parts of the PC case at this corner allow for some room to move. It pushed in the corner ever so slightly and the tray popped out. Boy was I relieved to see that the tray went back in fine and that you can barely see the dent. you have to look really carefully to see it. Definitely a case for me ;). glad it didn't break anything.

I've been looking for the gel case similar to the 920 model... Will Nokia release one for the 920

I got one of the Speck cases from AT&T for now after I noticed a scratch on the back of my matte black (no idea how it got scratched, have been super careful about putting it in my pockets with nothing else and in placing it down), but have my eye on the commuter case. Btw, anyone know how much bulk it will add?
    This is my temporary fix until i get a case i want for my L920, probably i might just stick with it instead of getting a case. Its a microfiber pouch from sunglasses hut , my L920 fits nicely inside and i can put it in my pocket and the microfiber lining keeps my screen nice and clean.

wp_20121125-1-1-.jpg

nope. not getting any case for my matte cyan

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I'll probably get one, but may not use it. ;-)

Does anyone know if the 920 will wirelessly charge with a case? The phone gets pretty warm.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    This is my temporary fix until i get a case i want for my L920, probably i might just stick with it instead of getting a case. Its a microfiber pouch from sunglasses hut , my L920 fits nicely inside and i can put it in my pocket and the microfiber lining keeps my screen nice and clean.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20121125 1 (1).jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	782.7 KB 
ID:	23643

I did that with my S3 and my iPhone 5 when i was trying them out while i was waiting on case to be delivered :)

Perfect topic for a poll.

I am not getting a case for my Black L920. I personally think that Nokia has put lot of research, money and time in getting this awesome design and by covering it with a case it will make the phone look uglier.

I am ok with regular wear n tear and scuffs that the phone might get with time. But I am not getting a case I will just have to be careful to dropping it a reasonable height....

I got the otter box case, and love It. work for dish so otter box is a must. Already dropped it many times, with the otter box still good as new. Also got screen protector.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    In terms of looks, I think using a case would be an insult to the 920 design team. It's such a beautiful phone....show it!

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I got this as a temp case after preordering the 920 until I could figure out something more permanent, and surprisingly, I love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Fosmon-Series-...wpcentral00-20

I used a Nokia gel case on my 900 and was bummed when i didn't see any created for the 920. However, I love the grip this case gives the side of the phone and the fact that it adds almost no bulk. I have no complaints with it at all, and for $3.99, it can't be beat.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast